Recruiting Help

Recruiting Help

Postby MKABear » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Is there a way to just do the scouting of the players you want to try to get and let the assistants take over the recruiting? It seems tedious to mark who your going to call make the calls and choose visits every week. This is probably very accurate, but it is not the fun part.

I know you can completely skip the summer recruiting along with the camps, but that is not what I am asking.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, on the page where it has boxes for what positions the player plays, what does "OUT" represent?
MKABear

Re: Recruiting Help

Postby markprior22 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:19 pm

As to your first issue, I don't think it's possible to do what you're wanting. The "out" number is the fatigue that the AI will pull the player when simming. The "in" number is when the player can be put back in the game. Just used for simming games
markprior22

Postby MKABear » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Thank you for helping with both questions.

PS- I am a really crappy recruiter, maybe I should turn it all over to the assistants.
MKABear

Postby MrHoncho » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 pm

The options menu has a box in the task management options to allow the CPU to manage Offseason/Recruiting. Is that what you're looking for?
MrHoncho

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:17 pm

MrHoncho wrote:The options menu has a box in the task management options to allow the CPU to manage Offseason/Recruiting. Is that what you're looking for?

Yeah, that will get you out of recruiting duties. You won't be able to select which recruits to pursue though.

As to recruiting, I understand that it just isn't for everyone. But, I think it MAY be worth your while to continue trying it. While it does take time each week, I think you eventually may decide that not only is this a big component of DDSCB (and of course real life college coaching), but one you will find not only challenging (in a good way) but also fulfilling with its share of surprises and certainly affects how YOU personally structure and develop your team.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:25 pm

Here's a thread you might find interesting:

viewtopic.php?f=292&t=29844&p=208964&hilit=Watch+List#p208964
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:46 am

Recruiting is a long and tedious process at times (mainly making all the calls necessary to get the pitch information), but, if you want your school to improve relative to the rest of the association, it's a necessary evil. The AI simply can't get the quality of recruits that a human player can (fortunately for you, since the AI is doing the recruiting at every other school!)

Developing a plan for recruiting and getting into a rhythm eventually makes the process go a little faster. It does have a fairly high learning curve to get it right, but it's always a good feeling in the end when you wind up with a great recruiting class and steal one or two from the haves!)
CoachC

Postby ZorbaGarp » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:36 pm

I agree, CoachC. It can be a royal pain in the ass but then super rewarding when you hit a home run with your class.
ZorbaGarp

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion