Recruiting- interest areas

Recruiting- interest areas

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:58 am

This goes round and round for me and has from the beginning. In recruiting, once I've established a recruit's areas of interest does it do any good to keep calling and talking about those areas? I can never seem to figure this one out.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Recruiting- interest areas

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:12 pm

nope! The sole purpose of the pitch calls is to get the ammunition for the home visits.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Thanks. I have no doubt I'll forget this again in a few months. lol
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:57 pm

You rookie! lol
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:13 pm

While calls provide the opportunity to determine a recruit's interest areas, calls also can increase the interest level of a recruit in your program.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:51 pm

PointGuard wrote:While calls provide the opportunity to determine a recruit's interest areas, calls also can increase the interest level of a recruit in your program.

I've never actually noticed that happening, PG. It might be spurious. At any rate it usually takes me the first 3 weeks to weed out the non-interested recruits that won't give me 5 minutes, and the rest of the time til contact period to get all the pitches of the recruits I'm most likely to visit. Call time is so limited, it's hard to make extra calls.
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:11 am

The way it's worked for CB (up thru CB19) is that once a recruit agrees to talk to you, you have + (or higher) interest and only have it drop below + if the recruit doesn't like a campus visit or the head coach does a home visit and the recruit/parents don't like the visit. I make repeated calls to get as much info about their interests as I need and don't call ore if I have all that I need. My impression has been that interest level at times increases after a second or third phone call, but that could have been for other reasons as well...hard to know since I don't know the exact innerworkings of the DDSCB program related to this.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:36 am

Well, Gary did explain to us in beta the other day that interest going up can be because of a recruit not being hunted by the schools he was hoping would recruit him, and his apparent interest goes up, not because he's more keen on your school, but because his options are narrowing. I've seen this happen all the time with recruits I haven't called any more in cb19 and earlier, so maybe that's what you were seeing? I could be wrong. Wouldn't matter though, because, like I said, call time is at a premium anyway.
CoachC

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 General Discussion