Game Preview

Game Preview

Postby alternativestats » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:39 am

The new screens and features look great. I do have a couple of questions about how the new career mode feature will work.

1) Can you start at any school's head coach or do you have to begin the career at a lower prestige school?

2) If you get fired, how are you limited in offers to coach at a different school?

Great work on these games as always. I am really excited to see the steps in this direction for your college football franchise.
alternativestats

Re: Game Preview

Postby eel1987 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:34 am

Additional question: will we be able to start as a coordinator or something less than head coach and work our way up?
eel1987

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:49 pm

You pick a school as a head coach... if you're fired you pick another school that has an opening. Only head coaches, not coordinators. In future patches, or next version, we'll be able to expand on the coach movement options.
brooks_piggott

Postby vols410 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:58 pm

I have a couple questions too.

Is it possible to edit the coach attributes for other teams in the database export too? I only see age/experience/salary being pulled out when I try to extract to CSVs.

If those are editable and we could get some clarification on exactly what leadership/charisma and all these things do, and if the coaching carousel with HC/OC/DCs works, I could get started on building a real life database of coaches with ratings/tendencies similar to what we've had in CBB for the past couple years.
vols410

Postby stearsmania » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 pm

What happened to the delete all emails button?

I like calling my own plays and one thing I do not like is this. I create my own playbook, then every time I have to call a play, I have to pick my playbook. Is there a way the custom playbook is the default, that gets annoying on every play.

Do the attributes increase for coaches as we go through more seasons?

In future patches will you have the ability to start at a lower school and work your way up to a power 5?

I really like the game, I bought 2018 last week and purchased 2019 when it was announced, I do like the differences.
stearsmania

Return to DDS: College Football 2019 General Discussion