A couple questions

A couple questions

Postby ottus1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:19 am

Hello everyone, I just got the game and I had a few questions.
1) how does player progression work in this game? It seems players barely progress AT ALL over their 4-5 years. My coach is 3* for development too (which isn't too bad I assume??). I don't understand how I can recruit guys with a 90+ work ethic and they MAYBE progress 1 overall over 4-5 years.
2) how do recruiting points work? That is, how does the game determine how many are available each year to use? I swear the deeper I get into a dynasty, the less and less points I have each year to use on recruiting even if my salary budget has stayed the same.

Thanks!
ottus1

Re: A couple questions

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:31 pm

Normally you have to apply a pretty good training regiment to the players to get them to progress. By default it's pretty safe so players don't go up fast, but they don't get upset either. Changing that runs the risk of bad morale.
brooks_piggott

Re: A couple questions

Postby MattP598 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:33 am

Training is....odd in this game. I like the way you can set it up and break it down to each individual player if you want, but I don't like the graph it uses to show progression. I don't know why a +,- report each week can't happen but I'm sure there are reasons. I'm also not sure when it updates. I have some that don't change all year long. Your coaches development stat matters some too.

Also,you can set up training schedules up 25 points, however, if you go over 22 points you are very likely going to injure some players. I've lost players for 2-3 weeks due to fatigue from scheduling them at 23 points so be careful if you go over 22. Make sure they have high traits in work ethic and a high endurance stat if you go over 22 and there is still is a chance its going to happen. Odd stuff happens a lot too randomly. I had a linebacker with a work ethic over 75 drop 11 points overall one training camp. There wasn't anything different or odd about his schedule. So big changes do happen occasionally.

There is also an option in the settings you can change to increase the amount of change in training camp and season training.
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Return to DDS: College Football 2019 General Discussion