~~Why is Abbreviation such a long word?~~
craig68x

Re: Real college team names/logos

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:14 pm

1) Download the following file:
https://app.box.com/s/o3uq47opwzoeuuj0pchz5ugvpvf7sspo

2) Unzip the file to a temp folder

3) Run the EXE from the temp folder

4) Run the extraction and this will put the necessary files into your \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2019 folder

5) Create a new league and real names and logos will be there (must create a new league, will not change existing leagues)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby kentcol » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:16 am

Didn't work for me. Also I can't get any player pics to show.
kentcol

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:41 am

kentcol wrote:Didn't work for me. Also I can't get any player pics to show.

If you have an issue with using the mod, going to need more information if you want to resolve seeing the logos and team names.

1) Why would you think player pictures would show after using this mod? This only adds team logos and real names.

2) What operating system are you using (i.e. Windows 7, 8, 10, etc.)?

3) When you say "didn't work for me" What didn't work? Were you able to download the file? Were you able to extract the file? Were you able to run the EXE? What step didn't work?

4) Have you looked in your \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2019 folder and see that a Teams.xml exists along with a logos folder? If these don't exist and you ran the EXE, that means it didn't extract to the right folder location. When you are extracting, there is a path to the folder shown, make sure it is correct. If you moved your normal \documents folder to another drive that is not the standard c:\, make sure during the extraction process you change the drive letter to match where it resides. For example on my system, I moved my documents folder to my D:\, therefore when I extract I need to change from C:\ to D:\ otherwise the files would be put in the wrong place.

5) If you confirmed seeing the folder and file from item #4, then are you 100% sure you created a brand new league AFTER you installed the mod? Will only work on new leagues, not existing.

I just tried this process again myself and worked fine so if the above does not correct the issue, then I am not sure what is different about your system and/or how your running through the steps. But more than happy to try and help if you can provide more details.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby kentcol » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:11 pm

I finally got it to work. And no, I didn't think the mod would add player pics. That's not what I said. The game in vanilla doesn't show any player pics. Just a blank box. Thanks anyway.
kentcol

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:09 pm

Glad it worked.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby rivueik » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:29 pm

hi, I have put the mod that is in this link and it changes the names and logos perfectly, but when I start the game I get an error that says the following: the program encountered an error. this error has been logged in your my documents \ wolverine studios \ ddscf 2019 \ folder. do you know of any solution to be able to play with the mod?
rivueik

Return to DDS: College Football 2019 General Discussion