Questions on conference alignments/schedules and bowl games

Questions on conference alignments/schedules and bowl games

Postby pantera » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi, I played the demo & I'm interested - looks great. A few questions.

1. I'd like to mod the conferences in the Teams.xml. I've searched the forum so I'm aware that you can't change the # of teams in a conference, or the # of conferences. But for example, if I wanted to switch Boston State (ID #4) from the Atlantic to the Mid 10 with Penn State (ID #40) going the other way...Am I simply editing the name of each, keeping ID 4 in the Atlantic and ID 40 in the Mid 10? Or am I moving the names AND IDs to their new conferences?

2. Is a team's schedule determined by their ID#? Ex. if I move Boston State (ID #4) to the Mid 10 is the team going to play the same schedule it had played in the Atlantic? Or does the code recognize the team is now in a different conference and needs to play a different schedule?

3. I might want less bowl games than the current 35+. If I eliminate any of them from the Bowls.xml, does that disrupt the code? My guess is it wouldn't, since not every team is required to play in a bowl as part of their yearly schedule. Without a line of code pulling two teams into the Palm Tree Bowl, those two teams simply don't play an extra game, right?

4. Can someone explain what the numbers in the brackets refer to in this Bowl code?
<BowlGame Name="Horizons Bowl" type="Regular" rank="30" Team2="" Conference2Standings="2" Conference2="5" Team1="" Conference1Standings="3" Conference1="2"/>

5. FYI the Slack channel link for this game seems broken viewtopic.php?f=293&t=29637 ("This invite link is no longer active.")

6. Is there an ETA on the 2020 version of College Football?

Thanks. :)
pantera

Re: Questions on conference alignments/schedules and bowl ga

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:33 am

1. I think you're probably fine moving the entire node from one conference to another. It doesn't do much with team id's other than some historical games. But I haven't tested it personally.
2. The scheduling is done by conference and then adds in historical games. It should ignore historical games if there is not enough room in the schedule, but again, I haven't tested this.
3. You should be able to add/remove as many bowl games as you want within reason. Adding too many more may cause issues with the game not having enough teams to qualify. But removing them should be fine. (Just the regular ones... not the top playoff related ones anyway)
4. rank is the order that they process... team2/team1 are specific team tie-ins, conf and conf standings are tie ins and placement within that conf
5. Should be fixed
6. Working on it now... should be announcements starting to come out before end of the year
brooks_piggott

Re: Questions on conference alignments/schedules and bowl ga

Postby pantera » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:02 pm

Thank you very much Brooks!
pantera

Return to DDS: College Football 2019 General Discussion