How are player overalls calculated? It makes no sense

How are player overalls calculated? It makes no sense

Postby iruleall15 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:23 pm

Ive played sports sims for as long as I can remember but the DDS games are the only ones to me who seem to make no sense at all when it comes to player overall compared to player ratings. What exactly is being accounted for? Im in my first few seasons as Kent State and I have an 82 overall Sophomore who has 83 strength but is absolute trash at everything else. So can someone maybe explain to me wtf the formula is and why this all seems so random.
iruleall15

Re: How are player overalls calculated? It makes no sense

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:56 pm

This was posted in the pro football forum related to overalls... I think it still applies to CF.

QB
Primary: Arm, Accuracy, Intelligence
Seconday: Speed (for dropping back, or if you wanna run with your QB), Agility+Strength (countering sacks/tackles), Hands (avoiding fumbles)

RB
Primary: Speed, Agility, Strength
Secondary: Hands, Pass Block

FB - Strength, Speed, Hands, Run Block, Pass Block, Agility
in different combinations depending on whether you wanna block, run or catch

OL
Primary: Pass Block, Run Block, Strength,
Secondary: Speed, Agility

TE - Hands, Strength, Speed, Agility, Run Block, Pass Block
in different combinations depending on whether you wanna block or catch

WR
Primary: Speed, Hands, Agility
Speed isnt as important as many think, you can do well running a possession type passgame with endless 8 yard catches.

DB
Primary: Speed, Agility, Tackle
Secondary: Hands, Strength

LB
Primary: Tackle, Speed, Agility, Strength,
Secondary: Hands

DL
Primary: Strength, Tackle, Speed
Secondary: Agility, Hands

Then there is intelligence. In the new versions of this game intelligence matters A LOT, especially for QB of course, but also A LOT for defenders and runners and blockers.

Then there are the mental ratings, that also matter A LOT in the new versions. So pay attention to for instance, Team Player, Leadership, Competitiveness and Sportsmanship.
brooks_piggott

Postby iruleall15 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:58 am

See i have been looking into the mental things a ton in PF2020. I figured they mattered. It still seems like guys who have trash attributes somehow have 90 overall but guys who are better football players could be like 15 points lower. Idk maybe its just me who sees these as being off
iruleall15

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:34 am

iruleall15 wrote:See i have been looking into the mental things a ton in PF2020. I figured they mattered. It still seems like guys who have trash attributes somehow have 90 overall but guys who are better football players could be like 15 points lower. Idk maybe its just me who sees these as being off

This may give you some of the flexibility you seek. Within the new College 2020 football game (in first access), under options there is the ability to change the Overall formula, which if you don't agree with the default calculation it might give you the flexibility you desire. Quick screenshot of the screen. If I am not mistaken the current Pro Football game has it as well under Options too. I haven't played with it much, but I do know if I change things the Overall rating does change as long as you have the Custom Overall Rating feature turned on (checkbox in options). Seems pretty easy to figure out as you take the Player's ratings in the various categories and multiply it by the number in the corresponding column.....add them all up and divide by the modifier. So it seems in theory that if you value certain attributes more than others, you would have the ability to change the weighting to put more emphasis on those areas.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Football 2019 General Discussion