DDSCB19 Full College Mod v1.x - Updated

Re: DDSCB19 Full College Mod - Updated

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:59 pm

Thanks unmlobo, all your corrections and suggestions have been added to the mod for the next end of season release.
NCAAhoops

Postby Perfekt » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:34 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:Well he was a first year coach and we had no data until further into the season at the time as I made the the last update in February they were 13-10 so he was looking like first year coach and had just lost 4 in a row. Its was a guess at the time as it was questionable how well he would do his first year but 13 -10 doesn't deserving Coach K ratings. While I have updated a few things like pace but not the entire coaches ratings until I have all the data at the end of the season. I usually do a start of season mod and update mid season and a end of season version once all stats are done. I will be updating based on end of year stats at the end of the tournament and then he will be as preformed. I will say he did get it going after the February update.
I used Wolverine defaults for facilities and academics. I have already updated Academics and working on Facilities with my own research now. I've done Memphis and I just looked and I have their facilities up higher than the February release.
Hopes this clarifies.

I appreciate it. I was more referencing the recruiting aspect of Penny though. Not really the ability to win games with Jucos. #8 recruiting class at the moment and will most likely get Lester Quinones and Precious Achiuwa or Trendon Watford and another guy. That's gonna be top 5 or just straight up #1. Again, just something I saw that I thought was probably an oversight. I don't know if he can coach or not.
Perfekt

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Yes all of the ratings will be updated for him and all coaches. Offense, Defense, Recruiting, Player Development, Scouting. Some of his ratings came from dare I say it, but Tubby Smith as I had nothing for rating a 1st year coach to give me some kind of level to start him off with and as most schools recruit at about the same level year in year out regardless of the coach, but there are exceptions as some exceed expectations and some fail miserably.
The update will use all end of season stats for ratings. The late recruit signing date is mid April and this season player recruiting ranks will be applied to his recruiting ratings.
First year coaches are hard to give ratings unless you guess. So I take the previous coach and guess up and down from there based on who it is (probably why his recruiting ratings are a bit low knowing Tubby), but all coaches otherwise use their actual end of year stats over a 3 to 4 year average weighted to the most recent season to get the ratings. So it takes me a year of stats to get a new coach nailed down so I do it that way otherwise prejudice sneaks in.
I am working on the Team file now until I can get all the stats for the coaches and Memphis' Facilities are now tops in their conference. I average actual training facilities and Stadium attendance % for Facilities as in the game Facilities effect home games and I think it also may have an effect of how your player progresses so I am going to try to use both for an average for all teams. I'm about half way through having those done.

So I agree he may be off some now because of Tubby and I didn't give him a lot of love as a first year coach, but end of year stats don't lie and he will fall where the stats do compared to other coaches.
I only make recruiting adjustments after the April signing dates once a year as it fluctuates too much during the season based on the last guy signed and not everyone has committed so its not accurate until its over. So his rating for recruiting hasn't been touched this season is left over from Tubby.
NCAAhoops

Postby add.owens » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:39 pm

I've been having trouble seeing the team logos. I can find the logos if I look for them in the files and when I go to customize teams at the beginning of a new association, but they aren't attached to the conferences and teams by default after selecting the mod. Do I have to manually assign each team logo after starting a new association, or should they be there already? Thanks.
add.owens

Postby Perfekt » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:10 am

Check the folder the files extracted to. Drag and drop them into the correct folder. If you have the steam version, then you will need to drop them into the game folder inside of Steam/steamapps/common/draft day sports/whatever
Perfekt

Postby add.owens » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:49 pm

Perfekt wrote:Check the folder the files extracted to. Drag and drop them into the correct folder. If you have the steam version, then you will need to drop them into the game folder inside of Steam/steamapps/common/draft day sports/whatever

Thanks, just tried that and ran a test association but the same thing happened. Do I need to delete version of the mod that was extracted to the wrong place?
add.owens

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:20 pm

No, logos and court files all should not have to be assigned by you they should automatically be there.

So my questions are:
1. Are you using IMPORT ROSTER FILE on the 2nd screen (Customize Game) when you start an association, if not please read the instructions for the mod. You have to start with an association with an Import Roster File for everything to work.
2. Are you using the Steam version? If so you need to point the Installer to the Steam game directory (I'm not sure where that is as I don't use the Steam access)
3. If you installed the game from Wolverine then did you change the install from the default directory C:Wovlerine Studios\DDSCB19 ? If so then you need to point the installer where you installed the game orginially.

Maybe if someone here can give me a directory tree of the Steam version I can make a dedicated installer for Steam if that is the issue.
NCAAhoops

Postby add.owens » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:07 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:No, logos and court files all should not have to be assigned by you they should automatically be there.

So my questions are:
1. Are you using IMPORT ROSTER FILE on the 2nd screen (Customize Game) when you start an association, if not please read the instructions for the mod. You have to start with an association with an Import Roster File for everything to work.
2. Are you using the Steam version? If so you need to point the Installer to the Steam game directory (I'm not sure where that is as I don't use the Steam access)
3. If you installed the game from Wolverine then did you change the install from the default directory C:Wovlerine Studios\DDSCB19 ? If so then you need to point the installer where you installed the game orginially.

Maybe if someone here can give me a directory tree of the Steam version I can make a dedicated installer for Steam if that is the issue.

I used IMPORT ROSTER FILE on the second screen, and using the Steam version, I pointed the installer to the Steam game directory. Maybe I got that part slightly wrong?
add.owens

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:41 pm

As Perfekt said the installer may need to be point to, Steam/steamapps/common/draft day sports/ I would assume there is a DDSCB19 folder there, That should be the last thing in your installer line of where to install.

Is there anybody out there that can give the exact Steam line that should go into the installer?
I assume C:Steam/steamapps/common/draft day sports/DDSCB19
NCAAhoops

Postby JBolt09 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:03 pm

Hey so I went to download this mod and I was getting an error when I went to unzip it
JBolt09

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 Mods