DDSCB19 Full College Mod v1.x - Updated

Re: DDSCB19 Full College Mod - Updated

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:32 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:My guess is you have one named by the game default Alaskan Shootout and maybe one with the real name Great Alaskan Shootout? If so this is because under game options you have two in there if you cycle thru them all.
nope...only one...and only ever one to rename...but the second one that persists is called the alaskan classic by default...that's the one that winds up with no logo. This wasn't me screwing up... i renamed the default tourney how i was supposed to name it... that there was a second alaskan tourney afterwards was not my doing! believe me if i could create extra tourneys i'd have a dozen more in the game! lol Cayman Islands Showcase? Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans Fort Myers Tip-Off? There were actually 3 separate Las Vegas Invitationals this season, and by my count 49 exempt tournaments all told.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:53 pm

the dates of the two tournaments might give a clue as to what is going on...i dunno...the AdvoCare Invitational ( alaskan shootout by default) is nov 21-23...the Alaskan classic is nov 25 to 27. I didn't dream up those dates, so there are clearly two different tournaments, only one of which is available to be renamed! Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Incidentally, yes , I was able to rename the Alaskan Classic after the fact and assign it a logo, which simply gave me TWO advocare inviationals a couple of days apart.
CoachC

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:55 pm

Here a list of the tournament in those dates.
Code: Select all
DATE        Factory Name            What I suggested in my FC mod.
11/21-23   WS Midwest           Hall of Fame Classic    Cannot be changed so this I don't think is the issue.
11/21-23   Heroes Memorial   Cancun Challenge
11/25-27   Alaskan Shootout   Advocare Invitational
11/25-27   Palmetto Shootout   Charleston Classic

So your Heros Memorial Cancun Challenge I think is your naming issue don't forget you need to click UPDATE after change and save your Association or they will not stick.

Just did a Google search and the Alaskan Classic is A High School tournament
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:11 pm

Give me about a half hour and I'll add the Great Alaska Shootout Logo/Court and do the same for Puerto Rico Tip-Off and do a full update to the DDSCB19 Full College Mod which means you will need to re-download and install. It will include updates 1.03 and 1.04 plus these tournaments. I'll put them right in the assn. folder with the rest of the tournament logos. Then go back and start over on your re-naming of the tournaments.

Are there any others you need?

If you installed the alternate logos from Valdarix you would need to reinstall those.
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:17 pm

I just checked here again and if you name all the tournament per instruction they all work fine (Names/Logos/Courts) I think you forgot to click update on one of them, but no worry you can go back at any time in an associations and change them. But you must save the association before you quit your association or they revert back. If you missed one Update that's probably what's reverting back.
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:59 pm

It took me a white but here is the naming conventions Bloomington used.
1. Coaches Classic TO 2K Sports Classic
2. Preseason NIT TO (no need to change this one)
3. Hawaiian Shootout TO Maui Invitational
4. MS Midwest TO CBE Hall of Fame Classic (although this is locked you can at least know this is the tournament I used)
5. Alaskan Shootout TO Great Alaska Shootout
6. Sunshine Shootout TO Puerto Rico Tipoff
7. Las Vegas Winter Jam TO Las Vegas Invitational
8. JAG Holiday TO Savannah Invitational (also cannot change the name to this one) last year this was Coach vs Cancer but that tournament appears to be over. Please note there is no court for this one yet.
9. Tipoff in Paradise TO Battle 4 Atlantis
10. Heroes Memorial TO Diamond Head Classic
11. Palmetto TO Barclays Center Classic
12. Golden State Classic TO Emerald Coast Classic
13. Caribbean Challenge TO Direct TV Wooden Legacy
14. Hoops for Troops TO Charleston Classic
Bloomingtons name/D19FCM name
1,2,3,4 are the same
5 is different Advocare/Alaskan Shootout
6 is different Puerto Rico Tipoff/Emerald Coast Classic
7 same
8 He has two different names he used Savannah Invitational and Coaches vs Cancer/ Las Vegas Classic
9 battle 4 Atlantis/Paradise jam
10 Diamond head Classic/Cancun Challenge
11 Barclays Classic/Charleston Classic
12 Emerald Coast Classic/Wooden Legacy
13 Wooden/Battle 4 Atlantis
14 Charleston Classic/Diamond Head Classic

The ones I suggested in the instructions are different as some of these tournaments no longer exist plus I used current tournaments and I went by tournament date to make them appear on the calendar as close as I could to the real life tournament. You may need to enter Bloomington names and load in my logos to get back to what I think your trying to do that is use the same tournament names as he did.
The issue is he did not have logos for the tournaments and I will have to make them.
I am uploading 1.06 in just a few minutes and it will have Alaska Shootout and Puerto Rico Tipoff as I had already made those.
If you want the others I will need a day to make the logos, but right now I'm also trying to get my conversion like Bloomington's done for people who used my mods.
NCAAhoops

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:11 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:Here a list of the tournament in those dates.
Code: Select all
DATE        Factory Name            What I suggested in my FC mod.
11/21-23   WS Midwest           Hall of Fame Classic    Cannot be changed so this I don't think is the issue.
11/21-23   Heroes Memorial   Cancun Challenge
11/25-27   Alaskan Shootout   Advocare Invitational
11/25-27   Palmetto Shootout   Charleston Classic

So your Heros Memorial Cancun Challenge I think is your naming issue don't forget you need to click UPDATE after change and save your Association or they will not stick.

Just did a Google search and the Alaskan Classic is A High School tournament

well i finally figured out which of the 14 tournaments was missing. it turned out to be the Maui Invitational. So i can't be bothered any further trying to figure out how it happened. at least all the tournaments are in now, even though the dates are probably screwed up.
CoachC

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Glad you figured it out (I knew it had be in the TOURNAMENT OPTIONS naming somewhere. Look a the above list or the D19FCM instructions and compare to your tournament dates screen and you can check it out.

I'm about to upload v1.06 and I placed The Great Alaskan Shootout and The Puerto Rico Tip-Off in the assn. folder with the rest of the tournaments to make life easier for anyone that still wants to use them. Plus it will include the other 1.03 and 1.04 minor updates.

Also added a new CBI tournament court.
NCAAhoops

Postby Jon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:19 am

I'm getting an out of range error when I try to simulate recruiting using this mod. I"m using the 19-E_2018-19_Cnf_Tm_Coa_YSSR database.
Jon

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:57 am

Saw your message this morning and ran several trials using 19_E 3 times from a fresh start and once going 3 years and everything worked fine. These were pretty thoroughly tested in beta before release.
If you were clicking "Advance League" quickly during recruiting stage with "Auto Save" on you may get an error if you click "Advance League" while its "Auto Saving". If you want to quickly get through Recruiting then I turn off "Auto Save" during early season and when teams start playing games then I turn it back on and it will not happen.
NCAAhoops

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 Mods