DDSCB19 Full College Mod v1.x - Updated

Re: DDSCB19 Full College Mod - Updated

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:09 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:If not, I just checked the Default import in this mod named 00_A which is like staring the game new from DDSCB19 and its Academics are right also. So try that if you want further investigation.
If it works then its default.dat you have in your game folder is where it may be coming from. I put a spare default.dat in the "Imports\Extras" folder you can rename and put in the game folder just in case something like this came up. Just back yours up and rename that one. I checked it and its correct also.

It was messed up again after installing the mod. So I did what you suggested and renamed the default.dat and replaced it with the one you mentioned. No dice. Still wrong.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:51 pm

Okay, now it works. Basically your H option was causing the issue, so I went with D and all is well. I should have been using D all along as that is what I wanted, but misread the instructions.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Hmm I just double checked H and all Ivey and even in the A-10 Davidson, Richmond & George Washington are in the A's with several more in B's. Let me know if it happens again because I have not made any changes to the imports since early beta version 1.01 that only a few people had as release was 1.03. I Simmed an H to the NCAA tournament and still the same as above. So I'm not sure but keep me informed.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:34 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:yes I do change those so I thought I may have mess one up. I have changed the Facilities but did not include in this version of the mod because I'm still seeing what effect that has beside recruiting. From testing I think it helps home court advantage as well. If I confirm that then I might re-update based on home winning % over the last 10 years or so as that would make teams that never loose at home be harder to beat there like Kentucky at Rupp or Kansas at home. I'm just not sure what other effect it may cause. But I think the recruiting effect would be fine as they would favor teams that win at home like the examples above. I needed further testing or input before I would include it. Theer are so many moving pieces its hard to tell if I'm right or if it is just how things went in the game due to injuries or unhappy players.

Yes, the Facilities rating does affect game play. I have noticed those colleges with high ratings get a much great MOMENTUM at the beginning of a game and throughout the game than those with low Facilities rating, so their home winning % will be better. Not sure how Gary has set that up within the game and how much a minor change affects things.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:43 pm

That what I thought was the momentum at the start look larger to me but then again my brain is mush right now. :confused:
NCAAhoops

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:09 am

Ncaahoops, I have never been so confused in my entire life, and I consider myself tech savvy and have a cert in computer programming. I have no problem adding your mod to cb19 and importing a cb18 association modded by Bloomington...even before your bloomington conversion it worked okay for me because i had no problem loading in graphics on a case by case basis. But I have not for the life of me been able to create a new association in CB19 with your mod. My buddy Pointguard tells me that there are 2 (well basically 3) versions of your mod. The one you have posted here that along with the bloomington cb18 conversion allows you to import a bloomington modded cb18 game into cb19. THAT works flawlessly! But then i hear that there are two other versions of your mod meant to only be modded to cb19.....pg told me that the one that allows correct team and conference names, logos, then you'll want mod 19-A (DDSCB_19_Cnf_Tm_NS). I've never even seen this mod!
It doesn't seem to be the one that you have posted here, since when i try to start a cb19 association with it i get nothing. and then apparently the one that allows you to import coach, and team histories is a different mod. Please pm me and help me along. Also, you might want to think about including a readme.txt in your zip file.

At the moment i'm thinking that if i add your mod, and then import a bloomington modded cb18 association into cb19 i can no longer create a fresh cb19 association with your mod...it seems like the bloomington mod overwrites your default.cbb.

HELP! please pm me.
CoachC

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:14 am

No Coach, that's NOT what I was saying.

I was saying that WITHIN his mod there are various versions. One of which is 19-A that provides correct team and conference names and logos but no real coaches names.

I suggest you go to the IMPORTS folder in DDSCB19 folder. In the list within that folder you will see the various versions. At the bottom of that list is the Instructions for using the mod. Open that Instructions file and go toward the end to review what each version of the mod provides. Then you can determine which fits for you. The step-by-step guidance in those Instructions work for using the mod and successfully creating a new association. My PM to you shortened the step-by-step instructions some, so maybe it's better for you to follow the step-by-steps.

I thought I was clear in my PM, but since apparently I wasn't, I'm sorry. PM me if you still have problems using it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:42 am

gotcha, pg! thx
CoachC

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:02 am

Yes coach this one is different than the way it's been done by Bloomington's mod. In simple steps Start a new Game, choose "Challenge/Sandbox/Multiplayer" then you fill out the rest of this screen with the details you want then at the bottom choose "CUSTOMIZE GAME" Then on this screen check "IMPORT ROSTER FILE" and all the choices are there. This is what PointGuard was speaking of.
I do it this way as it works the same as modifying the default.dat but you have multiple choices this way. Actually I think IMPORT ROSTER FILE should be renamed as it brings in everything not just rosters. Same a modifying a default.dat but with multiple choices.

I know its a departure from how mods were done in the past but I was thinking outside the box. :D
NCAAhoops

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:57 am

finally got it figured out with pg's help...one thing i'm still seeing though is that after renaming the alaskan shootout the avdvocare invitational ....the alaskan classic still exists without a logo, with slightly different dates...saw this before... were there 2 alaskan tournaments in the default?

And i applaud your thinking outside the box...you have set some standards for future mods that need to be emulated...i personally thing that most of what was included in the pdf file in the imports folder could have been best been explained here....and the rest in an old school readme.txt....but that's me...i'm old! lol the problem for me was i never saw you mention the imports folder...so i never could find your instructions!
CoachC

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 Mods