DDSCB19 Full College Mod v1.x - Updated

Re: DDSCB19 Full College Mod - Updated

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:22 am

incidentally i took the two alaskan tournaments as a bonus...gave them both the same logo....and they come closer to replicating most of the early season exempt tourneys that last for over a week...the cancun challenge , e.g. the top 4 seeds guaranteed 2 games in the final venue...the other 12 teams given the chance to play 2 games on the road against teams they might not normally get a chance to play...everybody wins. Gary might want to consider that for cb20 when trying to extend the schedule
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:25 am

Just curious, where did you see the duplicate tournament, what screen? What version of the mod did you install? I installed the basic one (NS), change the Alaskan tournament and I only ended up with one, no duplicates that I can see.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:19 am

They way I did the tournaments fall two ways.
1) If you do what is in the instructions then you get this years tournaments, Logos and Courts. This will work with Bloomington's imports and gives current tournaments if you use DDSCB19 Full College Mod (D19FCM) instructions.
2) If you do nothing I it should use Bloomington's tournament courts and he had you enter the tournament name ie. Alaska Shootout so you had the tournament name and court correct but it used DDSCB default names for the tournament logos. It worked this way as he copied over the DDSCB tournament courts.

I put the extra Association courts, logos and even a new Kentucky & Central Florida court in the IMPORT\EXTRAs folder so you could go back to the Bloomington format.

I'm trying to do it a new way (again outside the box) as the way I'm doing it now is under game "Options" you name the tournament, load the logo Click UPDATE and you get what ever you named and the logo you choose. So you can do the tournament in a different place than where I put them. For example you can take DDSCB Alaskan Shootout and name it Wooden Legacy and Load the Wooden Legacy logo and the that tournament will use the Wooden logo and Wooden tournament court.

Maybe with a few suggestions of what tournaments people want access to I can put another folder in the assn. folder with the most wanted tournament and logos for easy access. I dropped the Alaskan tournament and added the Advocare as they no longer play that Alaskan tournament.

The way I'm doing tournament will allow you to build a base of logos and courts and put tournament where ever you want as long as you use OPTIONS, load a logo and click UPDATE and we can keep them in a tournaments folder in the assn. folder in the future. I'll be happy to add this just let me know what you want.
Doing it this way you can have an unlimited database of tournaments in that folder so if say the Cancun tournament goes away next year and the Puerto Rico Tipoff comes back next year you just add it under game options screen. We can build a folder with a list of new and old tournaments (for old-timers lol)

I'm trying to build a mod to be very flexible in the future to add or go back and have whatever you need. As I had to put this together in just a few weeks I couldn't do everything and release in time for First Access but the foundation is there to do these things and I have planned to build on this mod later. I've was trying to get the most needed basics out first (this B19FMC mod and Bloomington's conversions) but I think once you get used to doing it this way you will see the flexibility you will have going forward in the future. We are not tied down to everybody overwriting Gary's files and whom ever mod you install last will overwrite tem last and that's what you have. Instead doing it this way that won't happen such as this opens it up for say Valdarix DII/DII mod. He will not have to have people copying default.dat and he can make his own tournament put them in a DII folder and people can load them for his association's

I'll go ahead and start a tournament folder today and add the Great Alaskan Shootout and it will be in the next update. But if everyone one post what tournaments you would like to see please post them (new or old) and I'll put them in.
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
NCAAhoops

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:31 am

slybelle1 wrote:Just curious, where did you see the duplicate tournament, what screen? What version of the mod did you install? I installed the basic one (NS), change the Alaskan tournament and I only ended up with one, no duplicates that I can see.

apparently i've gotten so damn senile i can't even upload a screenshot any more.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:40 am

"sorry the board attachment quota has been reached." which basically means you have to take my word for it...i have two alaskan tourneys...and it's not the first time.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:53 am

the most recent occurance was with the most recent mod, following a uninstall of the unofficial beta 3 and a fresh install of b2 and a fresh install of the ncaahoops mod. it had happened before that though. two alaskan tournaments...on over nov 21 -23, the 2nd over nov 25-27. The second had no logo.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 am

i'd show you, but it doesn't like the way i fingerpaint.
CoachC

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:56 am

My guess is you have one named by the game default Alaskan Shootout and maybe one with the real name Great Alaskan Shootout? If so this is because under game options you have two in there if you cycle thru them all.
NCAAhoops

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:15 pm

i followed your instructions on what to rename tourneys and which logo to add. the second alaskan tournament that still sat around 2 days later was not called the alaskan shootout, but rather the alaskan classic.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:23 pm

i followed your instructions on what to rename tourneys and which logo to add. 5. Alaskan Shootout = Advocare Invitational.

that tourney then shows up with the correct name and correct logo....and then 3 days later....is the Alaskan Classic. When renaming tournaments in options, one or the other shows up, but not both....therefore i now have two tournaments called the Advocare Invitational the second occuring a couple of days after the first.
don't blame the messenger!
CoachC

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 Mods