Valdarix D2 Fantasy Mod

Valdarix D2 Fantasy Mod

Postby Valdarix » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:38 pm

BETA RELEASE!! This is a beta of the mod, it still needs some updates, but teams and their logos are complete so I wanted to get an initial version out there for people to beat up on, please leave any feedback here and I will try to address it.

As many of you may remember the game requires 352 teams are in the database, for that reason a true D2 or D3 mod is not possible within the confines of the game. So in this fantasy setting, we suspend disbelief and assume that D2 has taken in several D3 schools and now operate completely like D1.

Included Features:
- 352 D2/D3 Teams
- 22 Conferences with 16 Teams each. Each conference will have two 8 team divisions. (Not all teams are in their real life conferences but the conferences are put together in a way that makes the most sense.)
- All conferences have a 12 team tournament.
- All teams will start in close proximity to the same prestige. No team will have a huge leg up when the game starts.
- All conferences and teams will have their actual real logos, colors, arena
- Rivals for teams
- Will use the naming convention D2_FILENAME for graphics so that no graphics for other mods or the base game are overwritten.
- Updated courts for conferences, tournaments, and schools. (courts is a long term project as I have to dust off some skills I haven't used in years)
- Real Coaches (later release)

Who will emerge as the years pass as the top teams in the league? Will parity reign or will talented coaches lead their teams to top of the basketball world?

Some notes:
Code: Select all
.I will be adding more courts as time passes. Currently, only got 26 completed and included, work got crazy and researching the look of some of these D2 and D3 schools is daunting.
.I am still working on database data currently things are as follows
.Team Prestige ranges from 25 - 50, only D2 Powerhouse Kentucky Wesleyan is a 50. This is being changed. see below
.I will be redoing academics and facilities, this requires a lot more research
.I need to fix some teams colors
.Tournament logos and names will be coming in future update.
.Toying with a few equations, I plan 2 versions of the mod.
     -The first will be one where all the prestige for team and conf is way lower than current, think bottom tier of the base game with max of like 25 for traditional D2 powers.
     -The second will attempt to match D1 so a team like Kentucky Wesleyan who is a traditional D2 power would be more like Kentucky or Duke in this version with high historical prestige.

If you use the installer version of the file you just need to make sure you point the path at your DDSCB19 install folder so it looks something like F:\Games\DDSCBB\DDSCB2019\Graphics in the installer path. You will get a warning that Graphics already exists do you want to install there, say yes. You must first unzip the package so you will have both the installer and the Database files.

Current Installation Instructions for Manual Install.
1. Download the file below. It is hosted on my personal web server so there should be no issues with downloading from Dropbox like my mods in years past.
2. Unzip the file to a location you can easily get to.
3. Copy the images from the CourtsD2 and LogosD2 folder into your DDSCB installation,
-CourtsD2 copied into your DDSCB2019\graphics\courts folder and the logos into
-LogosD2/assn into DDSCB2019\graphics\logos\assn
-LogosD2/largelogos into DDSCB2019\graphics\logos\largelogos
-LogosD2/smalllogos into DDSCB2019\graphics\logos\smalllogos
-The remaining images in LogosD2 into DDSCB2019\graphics\logos
The images should not overwrite the images from the base game or from NCAAHoops mod.

Now when you start a new game choose import roster like you do for other mods and locate the filed ValdarixD219Working.mdb and select it. This should now allow you to run the mod.

DOWNLOAD INSTALLER HERE - THIS IS THE RECOMMENDED WAY TO INSTALL
DOWNLOAD MANUAL INSTALL HERE
Last edited by Valdarix on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valdarix

Re: Valdarix D2 Fantasy Mod

Postby PointGuard » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:22 pm

Way to go Valdarix!!!!! :cool:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby adamj95 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 pm

Just got this set up. Logo's don't seem to be working for each school. I tried to manually put them in but they don't work.
Also, since the logos aren't working, when you choose the conference you want to view, there is nothing to click on at the top.

https://imgur.com/a/BRV7wh2

There is a picture for reference. No logos in the top 25 or at the top where you view the conference and the teams in it.
adamj95

Postby Valdarix » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:00 pm

Odd, I’ll double check it in the am but was working ok when I tested before zipping.
Valdarix

Postby Valdarix » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 am

Adamj95, I did find two image issues this morning, I had the wrong RMAC logo and had an error in my spelling for my Western Oregon logo, I have fixed those two issues and uploaded the file to my server with the corrections.

That being said I was able to successfully test and run the mod with those errors still in place and all the logos worked as intended. I can only guess as to what is causing your issue since I can't see your folder structures. My best guess is that the images are either in subfolders in your DDSCB19 install directory graphics folder. I have created a second version of the mod download that uses an installer that will install the graphics in the right place. See the main post for more about it.
Valdarix

Postby Blau87 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi,

is it possible to play with Division 1 Teams against Division 2 Teams?
Blau87

Postby adamj95 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:45 pm

Will you be making this mod for CB 2020?
adamj95

Postby mickey415 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:57 pm

I was wondering the same thing, recently I have really gotten into the D2 Mod with 2019. I will gladly contribute any way I can to make it happen for CB 2020.
mickey415

Postby Yellowmiami » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:56 pm

Can this be played with the real world mod? I've installed both and they both seem to be working but I can only import one roster file per save. Is there a trick to this that I'm missing?
Yellowmiami

Postby Zeppelin462 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm

Hey Valdarix, just wanted to bump this up. Is there any way you would be able to convert this to the new DB format this game uses? It looks like a converter can be bought online for around $600, which is a steep price, but I'm happy to chip in. Maybe we could get the community to pool money (probably not, but you never know)!
Zeppelin462

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2019 Mods