A New Tomorrow

Re: A New Tomorrow

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:40 am

11/13: The season starts tomorrow.

11/14: 87-36 over Arkansas. Incredible D! They shot 26%. 25 for soph transfer PG Bart Mann. 17, 4, 4 for senior SG Jon Yaro. 14, 6 for back up C Will Long. +24 RBs, 8 TOs.

11/15: The council scheduled a referendum on instituting a monetary system. It will be held on December 29, as late as possible before the start of the rainy season.

People will vote in their home building but still...

11/17: 66-53 over Oregon here. Solid D again. They shot 31.8%. Balanced scoring.

11/20: Ranked #19. All 3 recruits sign.

Lots of campaigning around the referendum. Both sides are very vocal. So far it is still peaceful.

11/21: 57-46 over Oregon ST. Stifling D again. 15, 4, 4 for Yaro.

11/24: 91-65 over Davidson. Most points we've given up. 27, 7, 6 for Yaro, 16, 10 for PF Ben Lowe. +15 RBs.

11/28: 73-59 over Arizona here. 20, 2, 8 for Mann, 9, 17 for C Greg Caff, 16, 6 for Lowe.

12/1: 78-71 over Virginia. We led for all of the 2nd half, by as many as 13. 21, 13 for Caff, 17 for Mann. +13 RBs.

There has been a lot of "job shifting" since the shops open. Most of the displaced cafeteria workers are now working in the shops. Some are doing a combination of the two. Fewer people are eating in the cafeteria since they are eating in restaurants when they can.

12/5: 55-62 to Iowa ST here. The D was okay but we couldn't get it going on O; 35.2%, 3-16 on threes. Not a good night.

6-1, #14, but that will drop with the loss.

People are loving the wide variety of food choices. With the increase in the amount of credits they can eat out about 6-8 times a month and most are doing that. The atmospheres of the restaurants vary widely, and people seem to like that as much as the food. Everyone has found a favorite, whether it's a diner, a fancy restaurant, an ethnic place, or whatever. I love the Indian restaurant across town. It's hard to believe the people there have only recently started cooking. The food is wonderful.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:52 am

12/8: Off to the Golden State Classic where we play #7 seed Portland. We're the #2 seed.

12/9: 80-50 over Portland. 49-21 at the half. 18, 4 for PG Mann, 14, 10, 3 for PF Long. +16 RBs, 7 TOs.

Forward Ben Lowe bruised his right calf. He's out for the tournament and maybe for a game or two after that.

#2 seed, #25 ranked Georgia, 7-1, in the semis. They're a good team, especially inside. Not a good time to have a starting big man out of the lineup.

12/10: 85-83 in OT. We blew a 13 point lead and got it to OT on a three by Yaro. The OT went back and forth. We had the last possession and Yaro worked off a screen and dropped a 17 footer for the win. He had 17, 6, 5. 14, 9, 4 for Park. Good job by replacement starter Will Long, 10, 8, 3 and he contained his man. 11 TOs.

#1 seed UCLA, 5-3, for the title.

12/11: 66-62 and the GSC title.We took an early lead and held it but they kept it close all night. Every time they threatened to tie it we hit a key basket or made a stop.

Balanced scoring, and Long continues to do a good job on both ends. Lowe is out for at least one more game.

12/13: 69-48 over Auburn. Great D again. 40-12 at the half. 12? That's incredible. 19, 5 for Yaro, 14, 8 for Caff. +16 RBs.

I've discovered waffles. The cafeteria didn't serve them. There's this little breakfast and lunch place. I asked what they were. The server said, "Checkerboard pancakes."

That sounded interesting although I had no idea what she meant. Ordered them and loved them. I'll definitely be back to this place!

12/15: 60-71 to Iowa at our place. We didn't play the D we usually play and we didn't shoot well (36.7%).

Heavy campaigning for the referendum which is two weeks from today.

12/19: 76-46 over Georgia Tech. When we play D we win. 38-20 at the half. 15, 7, 6 for Yaro, 8, 14, 5 for SF Kwaj Park; we don't talk about him much but he is quietly very effective on both ends and on the boards. +17 RBs.

12/22: 68-77 to Washington here. Three home losses. We let them shoot 50.9% while we shot 37.5 %. Not a good night.

One week until the referendum. While the pro monetary side are very vocal and very visible, I really don't think they have anything close to a majority.

12/26: 87-54 at East Carolina in our only true road game of the pre-conf season, which ends with this game. 25, 7 for 6th man Will Long. 15 for Yaro.

12/29: Monetary implementation was crushed at the referendum, 23%-77%. I'm sure they'll keep trying but the sentiment of the people is pretty unambiguous. I just hope they don't return to the violence of several years ago. That got really ugly.

1/1/2190: 12-3, #9, RPI #10. +14.3 PPG, +8.4 RBs, -0.6 TOs; 13.1 which is not horrible but I like it below 12. We don't have a big scorer. Bart Mann leads us with 12.3, and Yaro gets 11.9. Kwaj Park gets 7.5 RBs and Greg Caff gets 7.3. 4.0 assists for Yaro, more than our PG, Bart Mann's 3.6.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:47 pm

1/5: 90-83 at a good Albany team to start Big East play. Not much D by either team tonight. We built to a 23 point lead and they chipped away, but they never got closer than the final margin. 28, 4, 5 for Yaro, 11, 6, 7 for Park, 15 for Mann. +13 RBs, but 19 TOs.

The rains have arrived, actually they started the day after the referendum.

Our government has changed from what we had on the ship. When everyone was finally living down here we went through a fairly long process of trying to decide how to govern ourselves. Eventually we decided on a representative assembly of 100 members. The population would be divided up geographically into blocks of about 3500, and each block would elect a single rep. The reps would then meet weekly in a building at the center of our "city." They would elect a Chair, a Vice Chair, and a Secretary, and would form committees as needed. They would stand as our governing body, working part time, and NOT exempt from other duties; they would gain no special consideration or extra benefits. A citizen could challenge a decision of the Council (we kept the name). If the citizen could gather a petition with 3500 (1% of the population, and the 1% was the key figure, not the 3500) signatures the decision would go to referendum. The Council could determine that anything could automatically go to referendum, as they did with the vote on a monetary system. No petition required in that case. The Council members serve for two years and may serve no more than two consecutive terms, but after standing down for one term can serve two more terms, ad infinitum. It seems like a good system to me. We're still fairly new here but it's working so far. I am not on the Council but I have to go to meetings anyway. I submit a report every week, and address the Council every month. All department heads do that and we divide up the monthly addresses so there are only a couple at any one meeting.

We don't have a police force as such but if something happens there is a militia that the Council calls up to deal with the issue. I expect that we will have a police force soon, hopefully a small one.

One of the Council committees hears criminal and civil matters. There are few of either.

1/9: 59-63 to ST Johns here. We shot only 31.5%, 3-18 on threes. We should win when we give up 63. 14, 4 for Yaro. No one else did much of anything on O. I truly detest losing at home and we've done it 4 times so far this season.

1/12: 90-77 over Seton Hall here. They led by 7 at the half and I raised the roof in the locker room. We scored 60 in the 2nd half. 18, 14 for Lowe, 16, 6 for Long, 11, 4, 7 for Yaro. 11 TOs. This team has a split personality, I swear.

With the rainy season in full swing at least half of the restaurants are closed. Same for clothing shops.

There is more noise about people wanting other kinds of shops. I'm hearing furniture and accessories, candy stores, bakeries more than anything else. The Council isn't much interested but if the pressure increases...

1/15: 82-68 at #7 Villanova. And once again, my split personality team steps up. This figured to be perhaps our toughest road game of the season and we hammered them, leading by 20 midway through the 2nd. 24, 4, 4 for Yaro, 14, 5, 3 for Mann. We just did what we needed to do tonight, very consistently and all the way through.

1/19: 73-61 over #17 Georgetown here. We led for all of the 2nd half, by as many as 15. 16, 11 for Lowe, 18, 2, 4 for Yaro. +14 RBs.

Water purification is a real challenge during the rainy season and winter. Too much water, flowing into the system too rapidly, dirty, and coming in from places where we don't want it to come in from- runoffs..., causes lots of issues for those in charge of this vital area. Constant testing and purifying are vital. And we really need to test water heading into every building, every day during the high water seasons. The water purification team tends to be overburdened during this time, and that is a real concern. It can lead to avoidable and dangerous errors. The Council has decided to train some restaurant workers to work with the group during the two peak times, since so many restaurants are closed. Many of these workers simply go back to the cafeterias to work during these times, but diverting some to water resources just makes sense.

By the same token, waste disposal- sewage, trash... becomes an issue during these times as well. A smaller number of part time personnel are needed, but some are, and they will be drawn from the same pool of workers and trained in these areas.

1/23: 84-58 over Marquette here. No challenge in this one. 17, 4, 6 for Yaro, 15, 7 for Lowe, 14, 5, 6 for Mann, 12, 7 for Long. +11 RBs, 8 TOs.

17-4, 5-1, #10. Alone in 1st in the Big East, but 4 teams one back and 4 more 2 back. It's early.

1/26: 80-60 at Butler. Great 2nd half. 21, 3, 6 for Yaro, who has become our go to. 12, 5, 7 for Mann.

Disastrous storm. Hurricane doesn't quite describe it. Our weather people are wondering if there may have been a tornado or two. Three buildings on the Northeast corner of the settlement were leveled, with 19 killed and 51 injured, some critically, the rest seriously. Rescue efforts were hampered by the continuing high winds and torrential rains. Our medical facilities are overwhelmed in trying to care for the injured. This is the worst disaster to hit since the settlement reached capacity.

One of the dead was the head of the water treatment department, another the #2 in chemistry.

1/27: Two more have died and several others are expected to die.

1/28: One more death, three others very critical.

1/29: Four more deaths. No more deaths are expected but three of the injured may well be wheelchair bound for life. Several of the less seriously injured have left the medical facility and are living in temporary quarters. All of those displaced from their homes are also living in temporary quarters.

Rebuilding of the three structures will begin at the end of the rainy season. Repairs on the five other buildings that were less seriously damaged have begun. Some living in those buildings are being housed elsewhere.

1/30: 81-61 at Creighton. Another great 2nd half brought this one home. 20, 4 for Long, 4 others with 11 or more.

19-4, 7-1, 2 game lead, #8, RPI #10. +14.0 PPG, +8.0 RBs, -1.4 TOs. Yaro gets 14.1 PPG, Caff gets 7.0 RBs, Mann and Yaro both get 4.1 assists

The Council debated the state of our medical facilities, how they were not prepared for the level of medical disaster we just faced, what steps need to be taken, and how we should go about this. A committee is working on this, and they have been tasked to report on April 1 with a plan. The worst is over and patient care is being well managed.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:00 pm

2/2: 91-88 in OT at #17 Providence. Maybe we'll just play all of our games on the road. OT games are extremely stressful but they are so great to win! An amazing 35 lead changes and 16 ties. Never more than a 5 point differential. Hell of a game! We don't typically shoot free throws very well (225th) and we didn't tonight. We missed the front end of three one and ones in the last minute of regulation, which is what took it to OT. Bart Mann had the winning shot, a three with 5.2 left. We then came down on D and didn't give them a decent shot. They wound up throwing up a bad shot at the buzzer which didn't even catch rim. Great D on that play, especially by our guards. 19, 10 for Caff,18 for #3 guard Alan Dias, 13, 10 for Lowe, 13, 3, 6 for Mann. +13 RBs but 22 TOs.

2/6: 74-62 over DePaul. We led for the last 35 minutes. 18 for Long, 12, 10 for Lowe, 14, 9, 4 with 5 steals for Caff. +8 RBs.

2/7: Another terribly damaging storm. 4 buildings essentially destroyed, 11 others damaged. Incredibly, no one is dead. Several very serious injuries but no one in critical condition. We installed a warning system after instructing people regarding the safest way to shelter during a truly violent storm. Amazingly enough people seemed to follow our instructions. Everyone has been moved to temporary quarters. There are lots of people doubled up for now since these two storms displaced so many people.

The Council immediately met and set up a committee tasked with finding ways to make new structures more sturdy and ways to beef up existing structures. They will report on 6/1. Rebuilds and repairs will certainly go on throughout the March-June window of good weather, and will probably continue through the winter and into the season after that. Planned new construction, mostly of extra housing space, is indefinitely postponed.

2/9: 71-73 to #18 Xavier, again at our place. Damn this is frustrating! They won on a 25 footer at the buzzer but as I say every time we should never have been in that position. We let them shoot 48.8% which is unacceptable. 18, 6 for Yaro, 14, 2, 5 for Mann.

Still 2 games up in the Big East.

2/13: 91-81 over Albany at home. Not much D tonight. 20, 6 for Caff, 16, 5, 4 for Yaro, 10, 15 for Lowe. +21 RBs.

Heavy rains and flooding in most areas. Travel is treacherous.

4 to play, 3 of them on the road. The way we've played at home this season...

2/16: 69-85 at ST Johns. We were never in it. We were slow and lacked energy all night. I tried to motivate them but nothing worked, including pulling my starting five. -13 RBs. I never remember doing that badly on the boards. 20 for Lowe.

2/20: 76-66 at Seton Hall. We led all the way. 18, 3, 7 for Yaro13, 8 for Lowe. +12 RBs.

2 up with 2 to play.

Rain, rain, rain. Another week or so and it should be over.

2/23: 79-67 over #10 Villanova here to clinch 1st place. We led by as many as 23. 21 for Long, 12, 12 for Lowe.

More rain.

2/27: 75-95 at #19 Georgetown. The game meant nothing to us but I would have liked a win. My guys weren't into it. We should never give up 95.

We win the Big East by 2, over three teams. 24-7, 12-4, #8, RPI #9. +10.7 PPG, +8.1 RB, -0.8 TOs, but 14.1 is way too many. Yaro leads us with 13.6 PPG. Lowe gets 6.9 RBs. Yaro and Mann get 4.0 assists.

On to the post season. We're a good team, but to date we have not met my expectations.

No rain yesterday or today. Hopefully that means the rainy season is over.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:47 pm

3/5: No one is going pro.

3/9: We play #9 seed Butler, 18-13, 7-9, in the quarters. Beat them by 20 at their place.

3/10: 68-67. Whew! We got lucky. We only hit 3 threes (out of 19 atempts) all night, but Yaro got his only one at the buzzer for the win. LONG list of things we did not do well tonight, but we're alive.

#5 seed Albany, 20-11, 9-7, in the semis. We beat them by 7 and 10. If we don't play well we're gone. They worry me.

3/11: 86-67. We came to play. 17, 16 for Lowe, 11, 11 for Caff. +19 RBs.

#2 seed, #12 ranked Villanova, 25-8, 10-6, for the title. Beat them by 14 and 12, but they can play, and on paper they look really tough for us.

3/12: 86-59. We REALLY came to play! Up by 3 at the half, but 50-26 in the 2nd. 22, 6 for 6th man Will Long, 17 for Yaro, 10, 9, 5 for Park. 12 TOs.

We may have a shot at a #2 seed, but it will likely be a #3.

#2 East. We play #15 Montana ST, 20-12.

3/16: 90-87 in OT. There's no way this should have been this close. I was NOT happy with my guys tonight. Crappy D, dumb fouls. 21, 5, 3 for Long, 13, 6 for Caff. Yaro hit the winning three then we denied them a good shot on their last possesion. But if we play like this we'll make an early exit.

Lots of construction going on. There are lots of buildings to fix and to replace.

#7 seed, #24 ranked Michigan ST, 24-10 in the 2nd round.

3/18: 72-77. Disappointing. We blew a 19 point lead. We completely disappeared in the 2nd half. Their front court ate ours up. Weird season.

4/1: The committee on medical needs reported today. It was a detailed report but it boiled down to the need to build a full hospital facility as close to the center of the settlement as possible with smaller satellite hospitals at the north and south ends of the settlement. We are woefully underequipped to handle the medical needs of a community of 350,000. The committe will issue a decision in a week.

4/3: #1 Kansas wins it all.

4/4: Awards: Jon Yaro makes the Big East 1st team. He is our only award winner except for me. I am conf. COY.

4/8: I'm not looking to move, but never say never.

The Council accepts the report of the Medical Needs committee. One of the existing buildings in the center of the settlement will be converted into a large hospital. First a replacement building will be constructed. The two smaller hospitals were also approved. Given all of the repair construction going on this make take some time but the Council wants these hospitals ready by next rainy season.

4/9: I'm not leaving.

4/23: I ask for a facilities upgrade.

No.

28-8, 12-4, Big East champs. Early exit. We're losing two good starters, Yaro and Lowe but have some very good looking people coming in.

This year's team never really came together to reach its potential.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:55 am

5/1: #10 recruiting class.

6/1: The structures committee report came up with several recommendations regarding making buildings more "storm proof." The committee took them under advisement and will study them and reply in a month. The issue is not cost in a moneyless society. It is availability of materials and labor- how many people hours will be required and where these will be taken from.

6/5: Will Long transfers. He was slated to start and this will make us thin up front.

6/16: We get a forward from Arkansas who looks like he can play.

6/26: One scholarship. We want a big guy.

7/1: The Council approved almost every recommendation of the structures committee. They will divert labor and resources to shoring up buildings. But given the hospital construction it will be a slow, steady prcoess, and only the buildings on the perimeter of the settlement will be "hurricane proof" by the rainy season.

Winter has begun.

7/23: A petition has been delivered to the Council to allow furniture and accessories shops, candy and sweet shops, and bakeries. No vote was taken.

8/21: We offer to a C, #4 overall.

9/3: It was a mild winter, thankfully. Most construction was able to be done on most days, which puts us ahead of schedule.

9/18: We lose the C, offer to another one.

Hoops Tourney, lots of ranked teams on the schedule.

9/25: Got the C, #25.

10/2: First day of practice. I think we may be a little better than last year, but last year's team never got it together and played as a team. We're going to work hard on that. We started today.

10/4: The Council asked for proposals for furniture and accessories shops, candy and sweet shops, and bakeries. The credit allowance will be increased again.

All of this does put some strain on our 3D printers. Much of the machinery, equipment, and goods that now come up for "sale" are produced through the 3D printers. And that is a LOAD. BUT, some shop owners and operators want to go "old school" and produce their goods the old fashioned way. That draws a huge market but it's slow going.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:53 pm

11/14: The season starts tomorrow.

11/15: 73-64 at Memphis. Balanced scoring, good D, 10 TOs.

11/18: 73-67 over #20 Maryland here. We only took over late in the game. 23, 10 for PF Cal Undo. +9 RBs but 21 TOs.

11/20: Ranked #17. Our only recruit signs.

11/22: 88-66 over NC State here. We led all the way. 20, 4, 4 for Bart Mann who has shifted from PG to SG this season. 15, 8 for Undo. +16 RBs.

22 applications for clothing and accesories shops, 11 for candy and sweet shops, 9 for bakeries. They will likely all be approved but I'm guessing we'll need to finish the various building projects before there is room for them.

11/25: 79-69 at Kona. They led by 10 early and by 6 at the half. We made some adjustments and took over. 14, 8 for Undo, 17 for PG Jeb Kinz, 8, 15, 4 for C Greg Caff.+22 RBs but 17 TOs.

Construction is going very well. The replacement buildings are all completed and people have moved in or moved back in as the case may be. The three hospitals are expected to be ready to open before the rainy season hits.

11/29: 77-65 at Lehigh. Another game where it was close for a half. 21, 4 for Undo. But 22 TOs. Very frustrating.

We're up to #12 in the rankings.

12/2: 84-68 pver #23 Kentucky here. We led all the way. 20, 4 for Mann. All starters had 11 or more. +10 RBs.

12/6: 70-56 over South Carolina here. 26, 10 for Undo, 10, 12 for Park. +10 RBs, 11 TOs.

We're ranked #9.

12/9: 73-48 over #11 Michigan ST. I expected more of a challenge. There never was one, 34-18 at the half. 18, 6, 4 for Kinz, 15, 7, 6 for Park.

We're 8-0, #9, RPI #1.

12/11: All three hospitals opened today. The main hospital, in the center of the city, is as state of the art as we could make it. The other two can handle routine care and non-life threatening situations. The most serious cases will be transported to the main hospital.

Transportation is not a problem on Domus. There are no private vehicles. Transportation is by buses powered by solar/wind power. Very local transportation is by the carts I mentioned earlier, but we are phasing those out rapidly. Emergency fire and medical vehicles, and trucks to transport goods and materials, are the only vehicles on the road aside from the buses. So there are no traffic tie ups. Our reading of Earth history has convinced us that private vehicles will lead to all sorts of disastrous outcomes. It's not going to happen, at least any time soon.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:32 pm

12/16: 57-75 at San Diego. I didn't expect to go undefeated but we stunk tonight, especially in the 2nd half, which is when we usually shine. -16 RBs, maybe the worst any team of mine has ever done in that category.

12/20: 88-70 over LSU. A great 2nd half did it for us. 22, 4, 4 for Mann, 15, 13, 4 for Park. But 20 TOs.

Heading for the Hoops Tourney. We're the #1 seed. We play #8 Pacific, 5-5.

12/23: 82-62. Up 17 at the half. 19, 5, 6 for Kinz, 15, 7 for Undo. 6 TOs.

#4 seed Richmond, 7-3 in the semis.

12/24: 90-77. Poor D but great O. 24 for Mann, 20, 6 for Undo.

#3 seed Clemson, 10-0, for the title.

12/25: 61-71. They shot 50%, we shot 34.3%. Lousy D, lousy O. 19, 11 for Undo.

One more pre-conf game, home against 7-2 UCLA.

12/27: 84-57. Balanced scoring, solid D, 10 TOs. But as we were last season we are inconsistent. We have beaten a couple of very good teams but we should NOT have lost to Lehigh and we could have beaten Clemson on a good night.

1/1/2191: 13-2, #6, RPI #5. +11.7 PPG, +5.3 RBs, -0.9 TOs but 14.4 is terrible. Cal Undo leads us with 15.3 PPG. Greg Caff gets 8.4 RBs. Jeb Kinz gets 3.7 assists.

We're headed into the rainy season. All the necessary construction has been completed but the two "extra" buildings we are erecting in case of a need for emergency temporary housing are only partly finished. The shells are up and reinforced but that's it.

The shoring up of our buildings is also only partly finished. The buildings in the most exposed locations are now as solid as we can make them but about 2/3 of our structures are not yet reinforced.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:44 pm

1/6: 93-78 over #23 Albany here. Great offense. 54-28 at the half. Balanced scoring, +19 RBs.

1/10: 71-57 at ST Johns, a team that usually gives us lots of trouble. 18, 12, 5 for Park, 19, 4, 3 for Mann. 11 TOs.

A hurricane, and a pretty bad one. Two of the unreinforced buildings went down, 17 injured. None of the reinforced buildings went down. The new hospital got its first real test as the injuries were serious and all 17 were transported there. Everyone I've spoken with agrees that the hospital did a great job. When it became clear that the hurricane was imminent all patient care personnel (doctors, nurses...) were called in to all three hospitals. They did a great job by all accounts.

1/13: 76-65 at Seton Hall. 39-20 at the half. Balanced scoring, +24 RBs, 13 TOs.

Heavy rains for the past two days. Heavy enough so that no one went out in it who did not absolutely have to. I postponed my visits to other buildings. If it doesn't let up I'll need to brave the storms tomorrow.

1/14: No let up. I had four visits I absolutely had to make and spent most of the day soaking wet. Not pleasant.

1/17: 73-65 over #4 Villanova here. We led by as many as 26 and never trailed. 18, 8 for Kinz, 14, 7 for Undo, 14, 4 for Park. 11 TOs.

Heavy rains just won't stop; strong winds to go along. Those of us who need to go out are having a miserable time of it.

A proposal to the Council for night clubs, bars, strip clubs and the like. An immediate motion to reject, but cooler heads prevailed and decided that they needed to think this one over and not summarily reject it or they would be looked upon as prudes who were not open to giving people something they wanted. A committee was formed to study the proposals and report back on 3/1.

The shops already approved- furniture and accessories, candy and sweets, bakery, will open when construction projects are caught up and space can be provided. Target date is 5/1.

1/20: 80-61 at #11 Georgetown. Great D. 20, 4 for Mann, 15, 7 for Caff, 17, 3, 4 for Kinz.

1/24: 73-63 at Marquette. 20, 10, 7 for Caff, 17, 9 for Undo.

We're ranked #4. I don't think we're quite that good but I hope I'm wrong.

Another hurricane. One unreinforced building knocked down and three others with fairly heavy damage. 2 killed, 28 injured. Again, the hospitals did what they needed to do by all accounts.

The #1 Council priority now is to reinforce all buildings as soon as possible and definitely before winter. All nonessential personnel will be put on the job once the rainy season ends.

1/27: 86-70 over Butler here. Our D was awful in the 1st half. I gave them hell and changed a couple of things and we did a lot better in the 2nd. 28, 6, 3 for Kinz, 17, 4, 5 for Mann.

1/31: 78-67 over Creighton here. We led all the way. We were out rebounded (-6). We usually lose when that happens. Balanced scoring.

21-2, 8-0, 2 game lead in the Big East. #4 RPI #2. +12.2 PPG, +5.7 RBs, -1.3 TOs. Undo leads us with 14.3 PPG. Caff and Park both get 7.9 RB. Mann gets 3.7 assists.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:56 am

2/3: 53-69 to #17 Providence here. No offense at all; lowest point total of the season. -12 RBs. We stood around a lot tonight. Practice will not be pleasant.

Next three are on the road.

Heavy rains, high winds.

2/7: 87-70 at DePaul. We led all the way. 22, 10 for Unbdo, 17, 2, 4 for Mann.

2/10: 72-63 at Xavier. We led for the entire 2nd half. 18, 10 for Caff, 23, 4 for Mann. +21 RBs.

2 game lead in conf.

We don't have a lot of crime here but it always shoots up during the rainy season and winter. People are stuck inside and they get on each others' nerves. Spousal abuse rates increase, child abuse increases, fist fights between neighbors increase. The Council seems to be headed toward the establishment of a police force. It's getting to be too much for an "on call militia" to handle.

2/14: 75-89 at #24 Albany. Down 22 at the half. 1st half D was nonexistent. 26, 7, 4 for Mann.

1 game lead on Villanova and Providence with 4 to play.

2/17: 79-69 over ST Johns here. Strong 2nd half. 25, 3, 6 for Mann, 16, 2, 5 for Kinz, 10, 12, 5 for Caff.

It has been really rainy for most of the season, even more than normal. Most days feature heavy rains and high winds, making travel treacherous.

2/21: 95-68 over Seton Hall here. Easy win. 27, 2, 7 for Undo, 23, 4, 4 for Mann, 12, 13 for Caff. 6 TOs.

At #6 Villanova next. We're 2 up on them but only one up on Providence.

2/24: 71-66! Great win and it clinches 1st place. Close all the way. We went on a 7-0 run late and they couldn't come back. Outside shooting and good bench play were key. 11 TOs to their 20.

Grizzly murder/suicide in one of the residences. A man killed his wife and two children and then himself.

While a police force would likely not have prevented this it looks like it is going to be the event that leads to the formation of one.

The endless rains were certainly a factor. People are depressed and cranky.

2/28: 72-46 over Georgetown. Easy win. 27, 6 for Undo, 16, 2, 6 for Mann, 15, 4, 4 for Kinz. 7 TOs.

3/1: Night clubs, bars, and liquor stores are approved. Strip clubs are not. Three drink maximum in all drinking establishments, whether they serve food or not. People want to drink alcohol. It's a shame that some can't handle it but the feeling was that most people can, as long as it is tightly regulated, and there is no need to deny them.

Applications for these businesses are now being accepted.

The establishment of a full time police force was approved. There will be hiring and then training so it will be a while before the force is up and running.

The plan is not to open businesses that serve liquor until the force is operational.

3/5: 27-4, 14-2 at the end of the regular season. #4, RPI #1. +11.1 PPG, +4.6 RBs (not that great), -2.8 TOs. 14.8 PPG for Mann, 14.4 for Undo, 12.7 for Kinz. 7.7 RBs for Caff, 7.6 for Park. 3.8 assists for Mann, 3.7 for Kinz, 3.6 for Park.

Kwaj Park is going pro. Everyone else is back.

The rainy season ended a couple of days ago.
Wayne23

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports