A New Kinda Animal Farm

A New Kinda Animal Farm

Postby CoachC » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 am

I could say I don't know why I wound up here, but that wouldn't quite be true. I suppose I could say I was dropped down here as sorta an science 'speriment, and maybe that would be closer to the truth.

All I know is, I woke up one day an' only thing I could see was blue sky, an' the only thing I could smell was cow flops. When I heard a "MOO" somewhere close, I figured I must be near to a barn or somesuch.

I was flounderin' aroun' in my new settings tryin' to make some sense of it all, when a little guy showed up. He said I'm from da' University and I'd like to ask you some questions.

I was feelin' a bit confused. But that is usual, and I knew that it wouldn't get better much soon.

The little guy, who says his name is Rich, has been assigned to me to look after that I don't say too much, or somehow embarrass him for whatever he was put in charge of for to make sure not make him look like too much a fool. Tough job!

So's I don't make too much an ass of myself at one time, i says. "we got any good weather comin'?" I supposed I coulda asked who are you and where da hell am I? but I was still tryin' to be polite.
Last edited by CoachC on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:21 am, edited 10 times in total.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: A New Kinda Animal Farm

Postby CoachC » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:47 am

Nex, thing I remember, Rich banged on me on da knee with a rubber hammer, and one of the goons he had wit him bopped me on da head with a real hammer. Next think I knew, ( which was prolly a bit later if you've never been hit clomped on the head wit a hammer before) , I was being trucked down a tunnel, and let me tell ya. it was nothin' like I ever saw before!
Last edited by CoachC on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:06 am

While goin' to whereever it was we were goin', Rich says to me, "Didn't I tell ya not to ask any dumb questions?"
I say, "I'm sorry. I think that those are all the questions i got."

I feel kinda bad at that point. not only because I can't answer da' questions i'm being axed, but , because I feel like I let Rich done somehow. And ,...I dunno, Rich kinda' reminds me of a pet squirrel I had as a kid before it went rabid and kilt half of the neighborhood. At any rate, I figger he's the closest thing to a friend I got for now, so I'll stick with him for a minute or two.
Last edited by CoachC on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:00 am

[for those expecting a typical dynasty report we'll get to a dynasty report eventually...just don't expect it to be typical!]
Last edited by CoachC on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:06 pm

Given that my dynasty reports always include a non-basketball component, I'll be interested to see where this goes.
Wayne23

Postby CoachC » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:05 am

me too, Wayne! lol...unfortunately it may be a slow dynasty to unroll. But yep, the thing i've always loved about your dynasties, and pg's too, are the backstories. mine were mildly interesting, but only on the premises. It's easy just to comment on seasons and accomplishments. My favorite dynasty by far was the one where PG opened it up at the start to be an interactive dynasty. Unfortunately, I was the only one that really took him up on the challenge, but it did generate record numbers of posts. I want to do the same... the real fun in reporting a dynasty is in the role-playing, and you can't have true role-playing unless someone is willing to toss some mud into your axles that you have to deal with on the fly.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:09 am

that being said, if i ever get this up and going, i want it to be interactive! (those of you that are Winston Groom fans probably already understand the inspiration)
CoachC

Postby Magic Bird » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:20 pm

CoachC wrote:that being said, if i ever get this up and going, i want it to be interactive!

I'm looking forward to how this unrolls once you get it going. If I spot an opportunity, I'll try to interact somehow (if you want me too). :)
Magic Bird

Postby CoachC » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:19 am

Magic Bird wrote:
CoachC wrote:that being said, if i ever get this up and going, i want it to be interactive!

I'm looking forward to how this unrolls once you get it going. If I spot an opportunity, I'll try to interact somehow (if you want me too). :)

Absolutely, Magic! I want the interaction, most definitely! I probably could have renamed this dynasty idea, Pointguard"s Revenge!
CoachC

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports