Testing Offenses in 2019

Testing Offenses in 2019

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Author’s note: This association will test each of the offensive sets: Motion, Flex, High Post, Shuffle, Princeton, Triangle, and 5 Out, one at a time. All other factors will be standard for each test association. SWe’ll start at Rhode Island each time, with the same players and coaches (I saved on May 1, first as Mo for Motion, then for each of the other offenses.).

We’ll start with Motion, using it 100% of the time against a zone D.

It may be a bad idea to go with only one offense but that's the way I'm going to do it.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Testing Offenses in 2019

Postby C-Bailey24 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Interesting idea
C-Bailey24

Postby Magic Bird » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:33 am

You've been teasing doing this for a long time. Are you also going to test Transition offense (100% offensive freedom)? I'm looking forward to seeing your results.
Magic Bird

Postby CoachC » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:49 am

Wayne23 wrote:Author’s note: This association will test each of the offensive sets: Motion, Flex, High Post, Shuffle, Princeton, Triangle, and 5 Out, one at a time. All other factors will be standard for each test association. SWe’ll start at Rhode Island each time, with the same players and coaches (I saved on May 1, first as Mo for Motion, then for each of the other offenses.).

We’ll start with Motion, using it 100% of the time against a zone D.

It may be a bad idea to go with only one offense but that's the way I'm going to do it.

i like the part about where you aren't departing from your offensive philosophy against zone defenses! screw the zone! lol

well, it's about damned time Wayne! i just suggested to someone that i might start an association to prove how much motion and shuffle suck in the CB franchise. Now you can spend some time showing what we've known all along....princeton and triangle are the best offenses for an all-around college basketball offense. 5 out is somewhere in the middle, and motion and shuffle both have to be very specifically recruited towards to have any chance of success. But still, without knowing RI's intial players abilities, there is no way of knowing the skews. Still, i count on you to prove me right! I suspect Princeton and Triangle to do the best, 5 out in the middle, and motion and shuffle at the bottom end.
CoachC

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Oops. I guess I meant man and said zone. Oh well. I agree that Princeton and triangle are the best offenses but it's something to do for now.
Wayne23

Postby Magic Bird » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:56 pm

Another question (CoachC's comment helped bring this to mind): What types of players will you recruit? Will you recruit the best players you can regardless of how their skills will allow them to succeed within the offense, or will you focus specifically on recruiting players with skills beneficial to running your offense?
Magic Bird

Postby CoachC » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:41 am

Magic Bird wrote:Another question (CoachC's comment helped bring this to mind): What types of players will you recruit? Will you recruit the best players you can regardless of how their skills will allow them to succeed within the offense, or will you focus specifically on recruiting players with skills beneficial to running your offense?

That's actually a great question! And to keep this as scientific as possible, I'd actually use the new skip option and let the recruiting all be done by the AI. Otherwise, your recruiting may well be biased by your previous experience. The alternative I suppose might be to just recruit the highest ranked players by state, or region willing to come to your school, regardless of position, and offering campus visits and nothing else until september then giving scholarship offers to the highest nationally ranked players still interested in your school. i wouldn't even watch tapes, or pay any attention to coach's notes, to avoid being affected by ability scores or anything else.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:43 am

when allowed, i think it would be okay to make home visits to each of the players you've offered scholarships to, otherwise you may not get anyone to sign, but always choose the general visit option rather than cater to their desires.
CoachC

Postby CoachC » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:55 am

Personally, Wayne I'd forget about zone offenses, i think it would be most telling to see how each of the man offenses work against the zone. One other problem is that despite your best efforts, the schedule will be different each season. :S Unfortunately the only way to use man offenses agains zone defenses is to actually play games out and that can't be done....so yeah, i guess 5 5 5 against each zone defense is a necessary evil. :(
CoachC

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Interesting, I'll be checking in as time allows.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports