Let's Play DDSCB 19 [William and Mary YouTube Series]

Let's Play DDSCB 19 [William and Mary YouTube Series]

Postby Jamee999 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you all know that I posted the first episode of my DDSCB 19 Let's Play series today.

You can watch it here: https://youtu.be/aIu3cSC2JCg.

You can also see the whole playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOOUDdN1Ry9664hqS05tczCncq78bwlBC

The audio quality is not yet where I want it to be, but I think it's at least listenable. I fiddled with the settings a lot, as my first render was quite crackly. You can still hear my laptop's fan running in the background of some segments, though. I'm sure that as I gain more experience, and pick up a better workflow and understanding of what to do with the various software, it will improve in future videos. Please forgive my accent, also.

I intend to post a link to each episode in this thread, but you can also subscribe to the channel or series playlist on YouTube. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem any way to embed videos in this forum's software, unlike many.

I'm trying to make the series a little better produced and edited than the "guy talking while he plays the game" genre, so hopefully I will have one 20-minute video coming out every week, covering a few games at a time. The first episode covers some explanation of the game, which will be old hat to you guys on this forum, but I hope that the series will be enjoyable for both veterans and the games and people who have never heard of it. I talk a bit about some of my strategic and tactical decisions in the video, but my understanding of best way to play the game is limited to say the least, so if any of you have corrections or suggestions, feel free to leave them here or on the video!

I hope you all enjoy it,

Jamie (1729Gaming)
Jamee999

Re: Let's Play DDSCB 19 [William and Mary YouTube Series]

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:09 pm

OUTSTANDING, simply OUTSTANDING!!!

I particularly liked your lead in with information about William & Mary and Williamsburg. Your description of the various screens in DDSCB was also very good. Good video and audio throughout.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Jamee999 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:38 pm

PointGuard wrote:OUTSTANDING, simply OUTSTANDING!!!

I particularly liked your lead in with information about William & Mary and Williamsburg. Your description of the various screens in DDSCB was also very good. Good video and audio throughout.

Hey, thanks man, I really appreciate it, especially from somebody who has contributed so much content to the forums surrounding the DDS games.
Jamee999

Postby Jamee999 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:02 pm

Episode Two: https://youtu.be/iPSUQ-4nO1c

We play three games in this episode: at home against Furman, and then on the road at UNC Asheville and East Carolina.

Still some audio issues I'm not happy with - particularly the middle game, which I think was caused by my mic picking up the background noise of cars driving on a rainy street outside. I'll have to keep looking to see what works.
Jamee999

Postby Jamee999 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:13 pm

This week's episode will be delayed because of a family emergency.
Jamee999

Postby Jamee999 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Episode Three: https://youtu.be/Y4A7dO3qpNo - Facing Big-Time Teams

Today we host USC and Norfolk State, before heading to face the University of Virginia.

Trying a few different things with regards to commentary and audio. After the gap between we've had here, I plan to have episodes coming every Tuesday or Wednesday.
Jamee999

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports