Fun and Games

Re: Fun and Games

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:28 pm

3/5: Jon Sugg is #3, and Dee Turn #7 on the Norton list. As expected, both have declared for the NBA draft.

3/7: We play #8 seed Michigan ST, 14-14, 8-10, in the quarter finals. Beat them by 20 at our place and a heavy favorite to do it again.

3/8: 75-54. We were in control all the way. 32, 12 for Sugg, 23, 6 for Dane. Dee Turn has been in a shooting slump; he had only 6, but 12 RBs, 4 assists. +22 RBs.

#4 Maryland, 18-13, 10-8, in the semifinals. Beat them by 33 at our place and a heavy fav.

3/9: 85-64. Never close. 30, 13 for Turn, 18, 17 for Sugg. +26 RBs.

#3 seed, #11 ranked Purdue, 23-8, 11-7, for the title. We won by only 1 at our place and got trounced by 19 there in the season finale. We’re a big favorite but we’d better show up! They’re very strong inside.

3/10: 77-82. I guess this team just has our number. The refs called a ridiculous 42 total fouls and that took away any flow the game might have had but the refs didn’t beat us. The fact that our three guards scored a total of 4 points was probably the biggest factor.

29-3, #2, RPI #2. We’ll be a #1 somewhere and anything less than Final Four will be a disappointment.

3/12: #1 South. We play #16 Denver, 17-13. This is a game we should win easily.

3/17: 88-56. Balanced scoring with all 5 starters getting between 17 and 10, and three other guys getting 8, 5, and 5. +13 RBs, 8 TOs.

#9 seed Maryland, 19-14, who we just crushed in the Big Ten tourney, is next.

3/19: 81-80. We blew a 17 point lead and won it on a last second three by Dee Turn, one of only 2 we made all night. We were awful. We gave up 15 threes. 24, 12 for Sugg, 18, 9 for Turn. We were VERY lucky to escape.

#4 seed, #23 ranked West Virginia, 24-8, in the Sweet Sixteen. They’re good outside and their PF can score but we seem to be a lot better overall.

3/24: 91-68. MUCH better! Took us a while but once we got going we were great. 36, 19 for Sugg, 15, 15 for Turn. +31 RBs, 11 TOs.

#3 seed, #13 ranked California, 26-9, in the Elite Eight. They can play. We’re a 4 ½ point favorite but we need to bring our best game. I’ve never been beyond this round.

3/26: 82-75. They led early, by as many as 11, but by the half we were up 5 and we stretched it out to 17 before they came back. The final score was as close as they got late. 16, 12 for Turn, 18, 5 for Lane, 16, 7 for Sugg. 21 TOs but they had 28.

We’re in the Final Four! We face #1 seed, #4 ranked Alabama, 30-4. We’re a big favorite but again, we need to show up. They are strong outside and they have a deep bench.

Detective Paul Wondry, Denver Police, “The Final Four is in Denver this year, Chief. Guess who’s coaching in it?”

“Interesting.”

“I’m going to personally tail him every night he’s here. I plan to get the son of a bitch.”

3/31: We arrived in town yesterday. I had an interesting experience early this morning. I decided to go to some of my old haunts and get #61.

As I settled in, waiting for a victim, I had a feeling that someone was watching me. I played it cool but kept my eyes open, stopping fairly often to look in windows, tie my shoe, things like that.

Sure enough, there was a guy on my tail. I didn’t do anything to make him suspect I was onto him.

At a certain point I turned a corner and slid into a doorway quickly in a way that he couldn’t possibly see.

As he turned the corner I nailed him with a licorice dart. Down he went. Out of curiosity I checked to see who he was. The face looked familiar. I checked his ID. Paul Wondry, Detective with the Denver police. That rang a bell. I got out of there as fast as I could.

On my way to the hotel I kept going over the name in my mind, Paul Wondry, Paul Wondry… Nothing.

Finally, as I was in the shower, it clicked. Wondry had interviewed me about a murder I had committed late in 1984. I had knifed a prostitute in an alley in Denver and a cop had all but caught me in the act. I got the cop with a dart.

I now assumed that Wondry had been on my trail ever since. I’m glad I took him out but if he was working with any other cops, or if his boss knew what he was up to, I was probably in trouble.

4/1: 74-73! Great win in a tough, tough game. Alabama led by 16 early, 14 at the half. We battled back, finally took the lead with 42 seconds left. They retook it, leaving us with the last possession. We wanted Sugg or Turn to take the shot. Naturally both were well covered but Sugg opened up. We got it to him, he took a closely guarded 12 footer and it went in for the win. He had 18, 14, 4. 16, 7 for Dane. +15 RBs, but 22 TOs (-8).

We play #2 seed, #5 ranked North Carolina, 29-6, for the title. They’re excellent inside and favored by 3 ½.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm

(Author's Note: Please be sure to read the previous episode before reading this one)

4/4: Byline, Joe Danaghy, Detroit Free Press: Hello dear readers. No doubt you’ve seen this blasted all over the TV, and read about it in the news section, but the sports section of your paper has to cross over some, in this case. I’ll mostly report on last night’s NCAA championship game but here’s the other part of the story first:

Michigan Wolverine head basketball coach Wayne Tuthry was arrested in his hotel yesterday, minutes before he was to depart for the arena for the national championship game. Denver police arrested him for first degree murder in the death of Denver police Detective Paul Wondry, who died early on the morning of March 31.

It seems an autopsy found some kind of vegetable matter inside a tiny abrasion on Wondry’s neck. When sent to the lab for analysis the vegetable matter was found to contain an extremely volatile, fast acting, all but undetectable poison. Only very meticulous work had revealed the presence of the poison, which failed to do its work when the paper it was housed in failed to be expelled properly when it was fired- get this- from a hollow piece of licorice in the mouth of Coach Tuthry. There were also trace amounts of black licorice attached to the vegetable matter.

We all know of Coach Tuthry’s regular habit of eating black licorice.

It turns out that Wondry was on the trail of Coach Tuthry and had been for a few years, first in connection with the knife murder of a prostitute here in Denver and the related death of a Denver city policeman, who died in the alley where the prostitute was murdered, on 11/30/1984. But no cause of death had ever been determined for the police officer.

Captain Bruce Mills told reporters that Wondry had been tracking murders all over the U. S., both before and after this now presumed to be double murder. Wondry felt certain that he was able to connect Tuthry to more than a dozen other killings, mostly throat slashings or knife to the heart murders, but he was never able to produce enough evidence to move on Tuthry.

When he learned that this year’s Final Four was to be held in Denver he made it his mission to follow Tuthry with the hope of catching him in the act. Tragically, Wondry was caught instead, but his own murder led to Tuthry’s arrest. A Denver police spokesman expressed confidence that they had sufficient evidence to obtain a conviction, and with the finding of the poison in Wondry’s body, they would be looking at other mysterious deaths around the country. You’ll need to keep up with this developing story elsewhere.

On to the game. Wolverine bench coach, James Haunty, coached the team in Tuthry’s absence. And quite the game it was! It was back and forth most of the way, with our boys leading most of the time, but never by more than 10. UNC had gotten it down to 3 with 94 seconds left when probable first team All American Jon Suggs took the game in hand. He scored a layup, then 5 of 6 free throws during the last minute and a half, blocked 2 shots, and hauled down 2 defensive RBs to preserve a 75-68 win, and the national title. He was named the game and the Final Four MOP. He wound up with 22 and 14, playing the last 4 ½ minutes with 4 fouls. Center Lon Dane had 15 and 9.

4/4: Awards: Jon Sugg was Final Four MOP, National Frosh OY, and 1st team All American. Frosh Dee Turn made the 2nd team. In the Big Ten, Sugg was POY, Frosh OY, and 1st team along with Turn. Wayne Tuthry had been named Conf. COY but that award was withdrawn and given to the Purdue coach in light of subsequent events.

5/11: Colorado State Prosecutor Reginald Glass announced to the press that a legally obtained warrant has led to the discovery of a journal found in the bedroom of former coach Wayne Tuthry. The journal was written in code but seemed to contain both a narrative of some kind, as well as what looked like a list. Police suspect it might be a list of all the murders Tuthry committed. They are very concerned in that the list includes far more items than they would have expected. They feel that this means that Tuthry was more prolific than had been thought.

5/29: Colorado State Prosecutor Reginald Glass announced today that murder suspect Wayne Tuthry has cooperated with Glass’ office. He confessed to some 61 murders and provided the code for the journal found in his home earlier this month. He translated the journal and the list therein, which contained accounts of the first 60 of the 61 murders. He never had the opportunity to write up Detective Wondry’s murder.

3/15/1989: Former Coach Wayne Tuthry pled guilty by reason of insanity to all charges in the murders of billionaire socialite Elvira Coombs, as well as nine other residents of the state of Colorado.

While first degree murder charges against Tuthry are pending in 21 other states, as well as in Puerto Rico, no further trials are likely in this case.

4/30: Former coach Wayne Tuthry was sentenced to life without possibility of parole, in a facility for the criminally insane, in Grand Junction, Colorado. He was transported there under heavy guard after the sentencing.

9/13/1993: A custodian at the Logan Denny Facility for the Criminally Insane, in Grand Junction, Colorado, was murdered with a screwdriver early this morning; he was stabbed multiple times. Former basketball coach Wayne Tuthry, a long time resident at the facility, is the only suspect in the case. Officials at the facility announced that they had no idea how he might have gotten the screwdriver as he is in maximum security at the facility.

1/1/2002: A food handler at the Logan Denny Facility for the Criminally Insane, in Grand Junction, Colorado, was brutally murdered today, presumably by former basketball coach Wayne Tuthry. Officials say Tuthry bit through her windpipe causing all but instant death. Denny officials say the food handler failed to follow the extremely stringent security measures in place for dealing with Tuthry.

5/4/2005: Former college basketball coach Wayne Tuthry was murdered at the Logan Denny Facility for the Criminally Insane, in Grand Junction, Colorado today. A fellow inmate strangled him with a bedsheet. Officials at the facility are under investigation for failing to properly protect a person under their care. Firings, suspensions, and other penalties are expected.

Tuthry’s final murder count stands at 63, two of them here at the Denny facility after his incarceration here. He died just a few days before his 62nd birthday.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Phew! I'm glad they finally got Tuthry. That SOB ruined black licorice for me. :mad:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:57 pm

I REALLY had fun with this one!
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:16 am

Wayne23 wrote:I REALLY had fun with this one!

Yeah it was a killer of a dynasty! :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Ddevore65 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Wow wonder how some of those AD’s that hired Coach Wayne felt after hearing the news of his arrest and guilty verdict. It was an interesting story
Ddevore65

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports