Owls Flying High: A Promotion / Relegation Dynasty

Re: Owls Flying High: A Promotion / Relegation Dynasty

Postby jksander » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 pm

PointGuard wrote:
jksander wrote:January 9, 2023
Kennesaw State (10-3, 2-0) @ Marist (3-10, 0-2)

kept the foxes at bay [/b]

HA! Good one!

But I thought after your team got beat by the South Dakota Coyotes, you'd say...

"When the game ended, the Coyotes were howling". :cool:

But more importantly, congrats on going back to work. But don't you get a lunch break and a morning and afternoon break? That should be enough time to fit in completing at least 3 games so you keep feeding us regularly. We get grumpy otherwise. :eek:

I'm a manager, so breaks go to Crew members first lol ... and when I do get one I carb-load. Since I am the sole drive through "runner" on shifts and the dining room is closed, I average 12-14 miles a day running back and forth on a narrow strip of sidewalk lol
jksander
Elite Member

Postby jksander » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:27 pm

This'll have to tide you all over until tomorrow evening :)

- - - - -

February 6, 2023
Chicago State (5-16, 2-8) @ Kennesaw State (17-4, 9-1)

The Panthers tried to run with us offensively early but they were no match for our defense. We led 14-11 with 11:22 to go in the half, and though they slowed us down and seemed to keep the score close, they were unable to build any real lead on us when they had opportunities. We led 38-35 at the half, but had difficulty breaking out of our offensive funk early which allowed Chicago State to stay in this one. With 11:19 to go in the game we were knotted 55-55 and as good as our defense had been, we were taking a huge risk by not buckling down and putting this away. And we played like absolute **** down the stretch allowing Chicago State to steal a win we should have had in the damned bag, 73-80. Get this out of your system, because we play like that the rest of the way and we lose our shot at breaking into the next conference. That was goddamned embarrassing!

Incidentally this game drops us to 12-1 at home. Five teams stand a legitimate shot at finishing in the top four of the conference: us and Longwood (9-3) and Delaware State, South Dakota and Houston Baptist (8-3). But Maine and TX Rio Grande Valley (6-5) are fighting over position come conference tourney time. So pretty much anything can and probably will happen over these last five games.

Player of the Game: Larue Ragin (28 pts 8 reb 2 ast 3 stl)
Honorable Mentions: Josh Griffin (18 pts 8 reb 2 ast 4 stl) Chris Earl (10 pts 2 reb 5 ast)

February 9, 2023
Kennesaw State (17-5, 9-2) @ Cal State Northridge (9-13, 5-6)

We outscored the Matadors 17-10 in the first five minutes, a ridiculously torrid pace that would have seen us on track to outscore them 68-40 in the half. As it was our 47-29 halftime lead had to suffice. And though the second half lacked the offensive fireworks of the first, our defense did just fine, earning our 10th win of the conference slate 76-63.

Player of the Game: Josh Griffin (24 pts 9 reb 1 stl)
Honorable Mentions: Reggie Lewis (14 pts 3 reb 2 ast) Larue Ragin (11 pts 8 reb 4 ast)
jksander
Elite Member

Postby jksander » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:29 pm

This one's done. F---ed up my save, getting an "unhandled exception error" and since this was a sim using the old game (2019) and an early build of it (1.0), I doubt there's much that can be done about it. Gonna update that game to 1.5, the final version ... can't afford to buy the new game right now ... and I'll start something new.

Bummer though, really would have liked to see what this team would have done in the postseason this year, and with several of the seniors returning next year.
jksander
Elite Member

Postby SouthernRebel » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:07 pm

ahhh...too bad on that
SouthernRebel

Postby jksander » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:22 pm

SouthernRebel wrote:ahhh...too bad on that

Well, I'm excited because I found Valdarix's D2 Fantasy mod while I was thinking about interesting ways to start anew. So I'll be starting a new one shortly as the head coach of the Winona State Warriors in NCAA Division II ;)
jksander
Elite Member

Postby SouthernRebel » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:34 pm

wow, sounds fun. hope you post a report
SouthernRebel

Postby jksander » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:43 pm

SouthernRebel wrote:wow, sounds fun. hope you post a report

lol I always do ... I didn't get 6,000+ posts on here by hiding out lol
jksander
Elite Member

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:32 am

Sorry you can't afford the new game, jk, it is really a dramatic step up. Save your pennies.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jksander » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:27 am

Wayne23 wrote:Sorry you can't afford the new game, jk, it is really a dramatic step up. Save your pennies.

lol it'll happen eventually ... my wife is disabled and I'm the sole breadwinner. Lost a month during this COVID thing because I had a bad bout with bronchitis / pneumonia in Feb / Mar, and was asked to stay home at half pay. Just now getting back to work as a manager at Culver's. Once our delayed stimulus checks show up I'm sure I'll be able to float it ;)
jksander
Elite Member

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports