The Quarantine Dynasty: The Career of Fatty McFat

Re: The Quarantine Dynasty: The Career of Fatty McFat

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:28 pm

64-57 over Gardner Webb. 60-50 over Troy. Game 3 against Georgia St. One win from going dancing for the second straight year.
And I lose, 67-60. Season over. We finish 23-7. McCray leads us with an 11.8 average, with Randle (10.6) and PG #11 (10.1) also in double digits.

Georgia St goes in as a 16 seed and loses by 69 to Gonzaga. 119-50. Ouch. That’s what they get for beating the mighty Campbell Camels. Georgia Tech makes an incredible run to the title as an 11 seed.

Time to hit the recruiting trail.
KC15

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:41 pm

The Atlantic 10 offers the chance to join their league, replacing Richmond. I decline. I want another shot at Georgia State. I also don’t think we’re ready for the A-10.

I decide to go after 4 star PG Michael Thurman from Morehead City, NC. Also on my radar is a number of 3 star recruits. SG Devon Clarett, from South Boston, VA, SG John Hawkins from Athens, GA, C Jamal Hawkins from Farragut, TN, SG Luke Morton from Southside, AL, SF John Brandon from Fayetteville, NC, and SG Daniel Baxter from Fairfax, VA.

Wow, after week 1, Thurman, Baxter, Clarett, Jamal Hawkins. Brandon is leaning towards Clemson and John Hawkins has committed to East Carolina. Morton signs with UNC Wilmington. I’ve got some decisions to make. Some current players need to be looking at other options.
Last edited by KC15 on Mon May 11, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC15

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:03 pm

Decision day. Kinsey is still a 47. Gone. Spenser is a 48. Gone. Pain in the ass Vilma? Gone. PG #10 is the last unnamed holdover. Gone. Haley is a 54. Gone. Blair is still only a 55. Thanks for the time, but ya gots to go.

Simmons and Thurman are expected to contribute immediately. McCray moves to PF. Raines moves to SG and Baxter to SF to enter the starting lineup.

Year 4
Starters
C Simmons, fr, 64, 7’0
PF McCray, so, 62, 6’11
SF Baxter, fr, 62, 6’5
SG Raines, fr, 63, 6’2
PG Thurman, 66, 6’3
Bench
SG Clarett, 62, 6’4
SF Simmons, 58, 6’8
SG Soto, 58, 6’5
PF Randle, 57, 6’10
C Hawkins, 55, 6’8
KC15

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:17 pm

In season recruiting: 4 star PF Ferdinand Aaron is expressing interest. I have no idea why, as he’s from Ardmore, OH. I’m in competition with Colorado St and UMBC for him. Winston-Salem 4 star PG Tony Knight wants to stay in state. He’s considering us as well as Wake Forest and East Carolina. I decide I want to build my pipeline out of state a bit. I’m down to 4 current players from the home state, with two from VA and GA and one from MS and TN. I haven’t gotten into SC at all. I go after 3 star PG Grant Haywood from Burton, SC as a backup plan.
KC15

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Good news: Tony Knight commits. Big time get. Looking good with Aaron as well.

Bad news: Freshman SG Clarett is big time trouble. He’s involved with a booster. The NCAA is all over me. I’m forced to go big to get them off my back. Clarett gets 10 games. I’ll remember this if I need to cut someone next year.

I fall to Minnesota to open up the season. A win against VMI is followed up by a loss to Southern Methodist and a 10 point loss at #13 Oklahoma. We trounce Fordham and get the news that Aaron is committing. Huge get for us.

McCray gets caught cheating on an exam, so he gets a seat for 3 games.

We fall to Central Michigan and Montana to fall to 2-5 going into conference play. No matter. It’s all about getting that automatic berth.
Last edited by KC15 on Mon May 11, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC15

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:07 pm

We roll through early conference play, winning six before losing to, guess who, Georgia St.

Clarett, who I’m now referring to as Clown Boy, is reinstated for four games where he’s scored a total of 12 points. Now he’s in trouble again, earning another 5 game suspension. For those keeping stats, that’s 12 points and 15 games missed. Clown boy isn’t going to make it here.

We follow that up with a terrible 20 point loss at Stetson before rebounding for two wins. Another crushing by Georgia St, a loss to UCF and we look like we’re in trouble.

We bounce back with a four game winning streak, before Clown Boy is cashing more trouble. I suspend him for 4 more games. 8 games played, 30 total points, and 19 games suspended. I can’t wait to get rid of this clown.

We win out until the last game, where we somehow fall to Belmont. We finish at 17-10, 15-5 in conference. Georgia St is 20-0 in conference play. I truly hate them.

We blow out Mercer and UCF before losing in the conference final to Georgia St. Another season over. Georgia St goes in as a 4 seed and lose in the first round to Weber St. Gonzaga beats Michigan St in the championship.

Thurman makes All-Atlantic Sun first team as a freshman. We need a few more like him.
KC15

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:21 pm

The Metro Atlantic offers the chance to replace Iona. I consider it before turning it down.

Four star recruits are starting to look at Campbell. I go all in on as many as I can. Unfortunately, they’re all SF. Ray Evans from Toccoa, GA, Whitman Swan from Clinton, TN, Alan Haynes from Easton, PA, Abiola Bray from Boynton Beach, FL all want in. I guess we’re about to what happens if you fill a roster with all SF.
KC15

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Year 5
Starters
C Simmons so 65 7’0
PF Aaron fr 63 6’8
SF Bray fr 70 6’7
SG Raines so 63 6’2
PG Thurman so 66 6’3
Bench
SF Swan 64 6’7
PG Knight 64 6’3
SG Baxter so 62 6’5
PF McCray so 62 6’11
SF Evans fr 64 6’5
SF Haynes fr 63 6’9 - redshirt

Definitely our best team yet. We were able to cut a number of guys, including Clown Boy. Randle, Simmons, Soto, and Hawkins have all moved on.
KC15

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:47 pm

Oh, god. We have a game against preseason #1 Louisville. We go into the game 3-0, but only with wins against Southern, Bowling Green, and Detroit. Louisville is a totally different kind of animal. I’m just hoping to not get beat by 50.

46. Final was 88-42. Reality check. On top of that, the guys I was recruiting, all 4 star guys, all drop me down their list. I’m battling some big boys for these guys. LSU, Florida, Duke....I’m just hoping someone backs off one of these guys so I can steal one.
KC15

Postby KC15 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:36 pm

We fall to a solid Manhattan team before finishing off the out of conference schedule with wins over Texas A&M and Drexel. In conference play, we get beat twice by Georgia St, once by Troy, and once by Belmont to once again finish as the 2 seed with a 16-4 conference record, 21-6 overall.
KC15

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports