Notables
------------------------------------------------------------
Most Points (Single Game)-----------------------------------
Reggie Horvath----SG---2.5(4.0)---FR 19

Most Assists (Single Game)-----------------------------------
Mark Ford---------SG---2.5(2.5)---SR 7

Most Rebounds (Single Game)----------------------------------
Travis Day--------PF---2.0(3.5)---JR 11
Last edited by Serafino74 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serafino74

Re: Somewhere in America

Postby PointGuard » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Nice breakdown of your player stats.

Your starters have pretty low minute/game. Are your subs about equal to your starters in their skill levels and play?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Serafino74 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:05 pm

PointGuard wrote:Nice breakdown of your player stats.

Your starters have pretty low minute/game. Are your subs about equal to your starters in their skill levels and play?

Yes, as I have several players of the same strength, of course this is not the case with all players, there is a core of 5-6 players who play more or less the same time unless someone is doing very well so they play more in that game. Fatigue also plays a big role as anyone who reaches the level of 85% and below I usually change him if his performance is not something special! Αnd since we are discussing this is the ranking

1. Chris Simmons-----SF---3.5(3.5)---JR 23.7 Min
2. Reggie Horvath----SG---2.5(4.0)---FR 20.9 Min
3. Adrian Williams---SG---2.0(3.5)---JR 20.4 Min
4. Travis Day--------PF---2.0(3.5)-----JR 19.7 Min
5. Aaron Bland-------C----2.0(2.5)----FR 19.6 Min
6. Simon Tarver------SF---3.0(3.0)---SR 17.4 Min
7. Jason Barrett-----PF---1.5(3.5)---JR 15.4 Min
8. Mark Ford---------SG---2.5(2.5)---SR 12.6 Min
9. Dwayne Jenkins--PG---1.0(3.5)---SO 11.8 Min
10. David Roberts---SF----2.0(3.5)---SO 10.5 Min
11. Matt Marsh-------C----1.5(3.0)---JR 10.1 Min
12. Donnie Bond-----PG---1.5(2.0)---FR 7.7 Min
13. Robert Ford------SG---1.5(4.0)---SO 6.5 Min
Serafino74

Postby PointGuard » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Thanks for the breakdown. I thought I played a deep bench, but yours is even deeper. You're getting your Sophomores and Freshman some minutes, so that will help in the future.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Serafino74 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:37 pm

PointGuard wrote:Thanks for the breakdown. I thought I played a deep bench, but yours is even deeper. You're getting your Sophomores and Freshman some minutes, so that will help in the future.

To tell you the truth, I was not so much interested in who is a Freshman or a Senior, I just made the choices from how I judged them as players in the games, I have no experience and I do not know how the players evolve. Let's say I have a junior who has a potential of 3.0 and is still at 1.5. Assume he started as a Freshman at 1.0 and now in his third year is 1.5; I also read in "Fedora" that there are transfers, which I did not know at all, transfers of university players? I told you from the beginning that I am the most ignorant coach of all time, haha!
Serafino74

Postby PointGuard » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:17 pm

Some players announce their plans to transfer at the beginning of a new season (May) and then there is a Transfer period during when if you have available scholarships to offer, you can check the full list of transfer players and make offers to those you want. These transfer players are either Sophomores or Juniors and are ineligible to play for a season. They are part of your roster during that period of ineligibility but then can play for you the next season and they remain either Sophomores or Juniors for that season.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Serafino74 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:43 pm

PointGuard wrote:Some players announce their plans to transfer at the beginning of a new season (May) and then there is a Transfer period during when if you have available scholarships to offer, you can check the full list of transfer players and make offers to those you want. These transfer players are either Sophomores or Juniors and are ineligible to play for a season. They are part of your roster during that period of ineligibility but then can play for you the next season and they remain either Sophomores or Juniors for that season.

Thank you very much! That is, they lose one of their four playing years to get a transfer. Well I do not think there is a player who wants to come to Alcorn with a transfer losing a year of his career, here we can not convince even the kids of the neighboring village to come and play for us!
Serafino74

Postby Serafino74 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:00 pm

Back to work having in front of us a very difficult game against the absolute power house of the conference, the Southern Jaguars who are at 7-0 and 13-3 overall. Opportunity to measure our strengths and of course the objective is not to win this game but not to scatter in the four winds!

The team from Baton Rouge (the capital of Louisiana) have five players with an average double digit number of points, they have Center Darius Davis who is the scoring and rebounding leader in the conference and guard Darrin Edgerson, the assist conference leader. It's gonna be tough!

I started as almost every time putting the Simon Tarver as SF and the tall SF Cris Simmons in the PF position. Tarver makes a wrong pass that was directed to Simmons and in the next minute Simmons makes a wrong pass to Tarver. I immediately take out Simon Tarver, turn Chris Simmons to its natural position and put Travis Day in the PF position. In the next two minutes, Chris Simmons makes three consecutive steals and the score from 0-6 becomes 8-6!

Utopian first half, we are ahead 47-37, we shoot exceptionally with 5-8 three-pointers and 67% field goals. Chris Simmons has 6 points, 5 assists and 4 steals while center Aaron Bland has reached 10 points. It will be very difficult for us to continue like this in the second half.

But finally we easily beat (83-68) an undefeated team by making a historic performance. Unbelievable, however, we were the ones who had 5 players with double-digit points. The only thing that can be explained in this game is that we are strong in our home from the beginning, okay it is a game and in theory anything can happen but the curse of the random sense is waiting to bring the destruction of immersion ....... We beat them so easily.........but let's just say that we probably fell into the bad game that even the best do at some point. It was an unexpected victory that brought us to fourth place with a record of 4-4 and 8-9 overall.
Serafino74

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:23 pm

Speaking of transfers, when you are at a low rated school you can sometimes get a good transfer or two, better than anyone you could recruit. But there have to be open spots on your roster, If all of your scholarships are used you cannot sign a transfer so there's no point spending money there. I will often cut a player or two if I don;t think they will develop enough to help my team. Then I can go "hunting" for transfers.
Wayne23

Postby Serafino74 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:47 am

Wayne23 wrote:Speaking of transfers, when you are at a low rated school you can sometimes get a good transfer or two, better than anyone you could recruit. But there have to be open spots on your roster, If all of your scholarships are used you cannot sign a transfer so there's no point spending money there. I will often cut a player or two if I don;t think they will develop enough to help my team. Then I can go "hunting" for transfers.

I will definitely think seriously when the time comes. I have two scholarships, one I have given to a Center that I have great appreciation but despite his +++ interest he has not answered me for months and i don't have the expierience to know if the odds are with or against me . I think there is room to cut a player (although by definition I will do it with pain) without affecting the team next season. I need a natural point guard, not a combo guard that is good in defense and distributes the offense properly.
Serafino74

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports