Somewhere in America

Re: Somewhere in America

Postby PointGuard » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:40 pm

Serafino74 wrote:I will definitely think seriously when the time comes. I have two scholarships, one I have given to a Center that I have great appreciation but despite his +++ interest he has not answered me for months and i don't have the expierience to know if the odds are with or against me . I think there is room to cut a player (although by definition I will do it with pain) without affecting the team next season. I need a natural point guard, not a combo guard that is good in defense and distributes the offense properly.

Like you, I find it very difficult to cut players I have recruited even though they may turn out to be 4-yr subs. So I usually don't go after transfer players unless I fail to fill all the scholarships during the prior recruiting season or if a player on my roster transfers out in May....even if my mouth is watering for one or more of the transfer players that are available.

Re the +++ interest guy you are recruiting: If he didn't commit in the fall (by November sometime), then typically you won't get a commitment from the guy until late spring, but rarely a guy will commit in the winter. During the winter you MAY be able to increase his interest (in your case, if you're not #1 on his list, you may be able to keep working on him to raise that) so that it will be more likely he commits in March/April.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Serafino74 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:01 pm

PointGuard wrote:
Serafino74 wrote:I will definitely think seriously when the time comes. I have two scholarships, one I have given to a Center that I have great appreciation but despite his +++ interest he has not answered me for months and i don't have the expierience to know if the odds are with or against me . I think there is room to cut a player (although by definition I will do it with pain) without affecting the team next season. I need a natural point guard, not a combo guard that is good in defense and distributes the offense properly.

Like you, I find it very difficult to cut players I have recruited even though they may turn out to be 4-yr subs. So I usually don't go after transfer players unless I fail to fill all the scholarships during the prior recruiting season or if a player on my roster transfers out in May....even if my mouth is watering for one or more of the transfer players that are available.

Re the +++ interest guy you are recruiting: If he didn't commit in the fall (by November sometime), then typically you won't get a commitment from the guy until late spring, but rarely a guy will commit in the winter. During the winter you MAY be able to increase his interest (in your case, if you're not #1 on his list, you may be able to keep working on him to raise that) so that it will be more likely he commits in March/April.

Thanx for your big help! How a player on your roster transfers out in May? It's his decision, or the board decides? Or maybe you can put a player on transfer list. But what is the difference instead of cutting him off to put him on a transfer list if you do not win anything?
Serafino74

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:42 pm

Transferring is the player's decision and you find out on March 5.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Wayne, I think the March date is when player's who decide to go pro early declare that they do.

You get an email on June 4 that advises of any players on your roster who decide they want to transfer. The transfer season then begins on June 5. And Wayne is correct that it's the player, not the coach, who makes the decision to transfer. The coach makes the decision to cut a player. I'm not sure if players who are cut go into the transfer pool or not.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:36 am

Oops. PointGuard is correct.
Wayne23

Postby Serafino74 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:09 am

It's time to travel to Alabama Huntsville to face the local university team. This is a good team that has the same record as us (4-4), has a strong roster without distinguishing the big star but all five starters score more than 10 points on average. The predictions give them a slight favorite for the win but we also have good psychology coming from the biggest win of the year. Of course so far when we achieve something good immediately after we land awkwardly in reality with clear defeats.

Huntsville is also known as Rocket City, is the site of the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, and the United States Army Aviation and Missile Command, you feel a little mysterious from the moment you arrive in this city...........
At halftime in a relatively free game without tough defenses we are 46-39 ahead with enviable pluralism. If we continue like this we will make a big win but let's see how the Bulldogs will play in the second half, their coach was very upset at the end of the first half, he generally seemed like a wild guy with a very developed repertoire in cursing, some ladies who came to watch their sons blushed from his vulgar expressions!
In a tight second half we confidently kept the fragile lead and reached a fair win as we were serious in the end where they sent us to the free throws to buy time. Final result 85-79! Again 5 players with double digits, Reggie''Madman''Horvath, SG 2.5(4.0)FR, 10 points, Adrian Williams, SG 2.0(3.5)JR, 13 points, Travis Day, PF 2.0(3.5)JR 11 points, Jason Barrett, PF 1.5(3.5)JR 12 points, Robert Ford, SG 1.5(4.0)SO 10 points
Serafino74

Postby Serafino74 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:37 am

For the second consecutive away game, we will travel to a small town in Arkansas, the Pine-Bluff, to face the Golden Lions, a team that is below us in the standings with a record of 4-5. If we succeed and escape with the win it will be the first time that we will complete 3 consecutive wins. But I don't think that we have acquired such a mentality to act as one of the big teams of the conference and I have the impression that we will lose regardless of the dynamic of the opponent.

Meanwhile Solomon Fraves has been confirmed as the Arkansas prison system’s new leader.
The department said Tuesday that Solomon Fraves had been confirmed by the Board of Corrections as the Department of Corrections’ next secretary. Solomon Fraves was before the chief of Walpole, Massachusetts Penitentiary, and had personally taken over the imprisonment of Jackson Waldo Blake, the man who killed his wife and her lover, a police officer who was a brotherly friend of the perpetrator. Jackson Waldo Blake is now in prison but also he is the head coach at UMass-Lowell. It is rumored that Solomon (a basketball fanatic) has already started the underground moves to bring Jackson to an Arkansas prison, in order to take over the Golden Lions ....

Solomon also forms a cell especially for the famous college coach, a cell inspired by the golden age of "Αlone"
Serafino74

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:47 am

I never had such a plush prison cell. I'll do about anything this guy wants me to do!
Wayne23

Postby Serafino74 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:58 am

As I had predicted the weight of that we were now a team with a positive record and in the first places of the standings proved to be unbearable. We started very badly, our starters were in a tragic situation, our tall ones were quickly loaded with fouls and generally what could have gone wrong went wrong. We were back with about 20 points in 3/4 of the game and yet a flash in combination with an incredible series of three-pointers brought us to claim the victory, which we finally lost after failing in the last two shots while holding the luck in our hands! I'm proud of the passion my players had when it seemed like we were going to be ridiculed! Adrian Williams was the one who raised the flag in our counterattack and if he had not failed in the last two three-pointers, apart from being a hero of Alcorn State, he would have broken the record of successful three-pointers in a match, reaching 5. Final score 73-75
Last edited by Serafino74 on Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serafino74

Postby Serafino74 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:59 am

Wayne23 wrote:I never had such a plush prison cell. I'll do about anything this guy wants me to do!

Hahahaha!!
Serafino74

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports