READY FOR PRIME TIME?

Re: READY FOR PRIME TIME?

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Get-together of the 5 Coaches (Ramon Montez, Terry Morillo, Ken Yamoto, Mike McMillan, and Dontrell Spencer):

Dontrell: OK guys, I really wanted to be the team that was promoted, but it looks like my team has a long ways to go. But congratulations, Ramon on Alcorn State being promoted!
Ramon: Thanks. I’m really looking forward to competing in conference play. Mike, you gave me a helluva run for this promotion. Our records were the same, but our net barely edged your MD-Eastern Shore team’s NET. I guess now the pressure increases for my team since we sure don’t want to finish last in Conference V and just slip back down the ladder.
Mike: To be honest, I’m disappointed. But I want to also congratulate you and your team, Ramon.
Ken: Yes, well done Ramon.
Terry: With Alabama A&M dropping down as an Independent, we need to all improve so that one of us has the team moving up after this coming season.
Mike: Yeah, we need to be sure to out-perform Alabama A&M so they don’t just move right back up.
Ken: I guess I take the booby-prize for our initial season. This was a lot tougher than I expected.
Terry: Yeah, I agree that coaching at this level is a lot more difficult than our high school coaching days.
Dontrell: Worst part of it is that the school administrations are pressuring us to do better, but we all ran into a brick wall trying to get budget or facility upgrades that would help us to be more successful.
Ramon: I sure thought getting promoted would get us an approval by the board, but no way.
Ken: Hey Mike, I need to talk with you later since you did pretty well on the recruiting front. I sure fell on my face in that regard.
Dontrell: Don’t fell alone, Ken. I had similar problems. I thought that would be the easiest part of the job for me. I feel like a complete failure there.
Ramon: Hey! Don’t get down. This was our first year and we now have some experience under our belt. It’s not surprising we all have things to learn. Going up against more-established Division I teams was a tough challenge for all of us and recruiting was totally new.
Mike: Yeah I agree. We all just gained a whole year of knowledge and experience that will make all of us better in our future coaching careers.
Terry: Here’s to the 5 of us and to big improvements this coming season!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:46 am

2031-2032 Season

Team Prestige

The experience and small successes of the 5 teams resulted in small gains in prestige:

Alcorn State: From 3 to 6
Dixie State: From 1 to 4
Tarleton State: From 3 to 4
MD-Eastern Shore: From 1 to 5
Arkansas-Pine Bluff: From 3 to 5
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:36 pm

Summer and Fall Recruiting Results:

Ramon Montez, Alcorn St.: By Nov. 13, had filled 2 of 4 scholarship openings. 2 other offers were made, but the recruits opted for other teams. Recruits providing verbal acceptance: SG Mike Gallagher is a 6’0” JC sophomore from Woodville, MS who does all his scoring from outside and is very athletic. C Gabriel Atwood is a 6’8” high school senior form Canada. He’s good at hitting his shots inside but also can knock them down outside as well. Besides scoring well, he has strong rebounding skills. Having landed a C and SG, that successfully addressed 2 needs. Surprisingly one of our 2 recruits is from Canada…still not sure how we pulled that one off. I’d like to recruit at least one more big man. Our recruiting budget has certainly decreased, but I think we have enough to continue to be active.

Terry Morillo, Dixie St.: None of the 4 scholarships that were available were filled by Nov. 13. Made one offer but the recruit chose another school. I want at least one big man and one SF…need to build interest and sign some guys in the spring. We have plenty of money remaining in our recruiting budget.

Ken Yamoto, Tarleton St.: Landed 2 transfer players (PG Mike Catlett, a 5’11” sophomore from Sells, AZ transferring from Northern Arizona where he had played little as a freshman; and PF Eric Pebbles, a 6’6” sophomore from Daly City, CA transferring from California Baptist where he had played a little as a freshman). Then by Nov. 13 had filled none of the remaining 3 scholarship openings. Only offer was rejected when the recruit chose to go elsewhere. It’s damn tough trying to get recruits to consider Tarleton State. If we can get up into the conference, maybe things will ease up in the future. Fortunately we have plenty of money remaining in our recruiting budget.

Mike McMillan, MD-Eastern Shore: None of the 4 available scholarships had been filled by Nov. 13. I made 3 offers, but all 3 of those recruits chose to go to another school. But just gotta keep chipping away at it. Our funds for recruiting are beginning to be a real concern. Our recruiting budget is dire. It will definitely be a limiting factor for us.

Dontell Spencer, Arkansas-Pine Bluff: 5 scholarships to fill but just one recruit had accepted a scholarship as of Nov. 13. Recruit with verbal acceptance: SF Danny Logie is a 6’7” JC sophomore this year so will come to us as a junior next season and is from Danville, AR. He’s got a nice shot from both outside and inside, but isn’t much of a rebounder or defender, unfortunately. Offers to 3 other recruits weren’t accepted since they chose other teams. While I’m glad we picked up a recruit, there’s still a helluva lot of work to do. We will need to be frugal to be able to successfully recruit in the spring.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:15 pm

Rosters and Outlook:

Ramon Montez, Alcorn St.: This season definitely will be a big challenge since we moved up to Conference V and need to perform well to avoid dropping back down. We have good strength up front with seniors PF Will Neely (8.5 ppg and 6.6 rpg last season) and C Don Barnes (8.6 ppg and 5.2 rpg last year) anchoring the interior. Senior Rudy Johnson came to Alcorn St. as a SG but did a fantastic job for me last season at PG (16.7 ppg, 5.8 apg, 2.2 rpg). At SG again will be senior Jimmie Fuller (15.5 ppg and 4.0 rpg last year). Sophomore Benjamin Delk started most of our games during his freshman season at SF and averaged 6.3 ppg and 3.6 rpg. He may be challenged to start at SF by Tony Fife (4.1 ppg last season). I’m really concerned about out depth at the guard positions…w’lle have 4 guys competing for time, but none of them have stepped up yet to show me much. Our perimeter defense at this point is particularly weak also. Surprisingly we’re predicted to finish 5th in Conference V…that’s a lot of pressure, but if we can accomplish that I’d be pretty darned happy in our first year of contending in the conference. If we’re to do it, our starters are going to have to carry the team.

Terry Morillo, Dixie St.: After what we did last year, it seems there is no where to go but up. I think our starters are pretty solid across the board. Junior SG Jerry McCutcheon is back after leading our scoring last season with 15.2 ppg. Junior PF Gregg Linney did a good job for us last year inside with 8.2 ppg and 6.0 rpg. Last year senior Cliff Hanavan started at C and averaged 8.0 ppg and 5.1 rpg, but this season Isaac Trent (5.5 ppg, 1.7 rpg last year) could challenge him to start. At SF senior Jason Marshall (6.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg) started most of our games last season and I think he’ll be much stronger this year. Sophomore Joel Knight was our starting PG last year and averaged 7.3 ppg and 3.9 apg. Our bench seems solid this year. I’m optimistic that we can improve significantly from our 4-11 record of last season. I really want to get us up into Conference V. Our schedule with 9 of 15 games away could make that difficult.

Ken Yamoto, Tarleton St.: The college basketball world seems to be lined up against Tarleton State. We sucked last season (3-12) and now this year we are saddled with a schedule that starts with 11 straight games on the road and only 2 games in the 15 that will count for us. What’s with that? On a positive note, we have 3 returning starters: senior SF Artju Morris (8.4 ppg, 4.7 rpg), senior PG Lennox Blackshear (8.5 ppg, 5.7 apg), and sophomore SG Mark Jordan (9.9 ppg). But outside that nucleus, there’s trouble. Inside we will be starting two players who came off the bench for us last season: junior C Tyson Chambers (6.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg) and PF Brett McCoy (4.5 ppg, 1.3 rpg). And that’s not the “trouble”. The trouble is that we really have no one to back them up inside. So those boys are going to be dog-tired each and every game. We may have to play some small ball this season because we just don’t have any big guys to come off the bench. So, we’re going to need some magic to happen some way or another this season. Getting good players to come here is tough…Stephenville is a small city in the middle of Texas with nothing much around it. No wonder it’s known as the “Cowboy Capital of the World”. Tarleton State is an unknown part of the Texas A&M University system.

Mike McMillan, MD-Eastern Shore: We were an eyelash from being promoted last season. This year we are going to move up. We’re loaded at C. Senior Isaac Dotson was great for us last season, scoring 13.5 ppg and pulling down 6.1 rpg. But junior Roby Ford scored 6.7 ppg while averaging just 12.3 mpg coming off the bench and while junior Mike House didn’t play much, he’s ready to do a good job inside for us this year. Senior Malone Morgan (3.7 ppg and 2.1 rpg last year) will likely start at PF. So I’m feeling good about our interior play this year. We have a returning starter coming back at PG…Valery Rogers (5.9 ppg, 2.6 apg). At SF, senior Thomas Dennis (2.7 ppg and 1.4 rpg) and at SG, junior Chris Seals (2.1 ppg) were bit players last year but should do fine as starters this year. So we don’t have the experience that some of the other teams may have this year, but I believe in this team. 10 of our 15 games are on the road, but we’ll just have to overcome that obstacle.

Dontrell Spencer, Arkansas-Pine Bluff: We don’t have the stars, but I think we have the depth to be a force this season. Also, for an Independent, we have a reasonable schedule with 7 of our 15 games at home. SF Warren Kincaid (8.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.6 apg) is now a senior and will likely be our team leader. Inside we have sophomore C Imari McDonald (7.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg) and sophomore PF Dexter Thorne (7.1 ppg and 4.4 rpg). At SG senior Henry Edmond averaged 13.0 ppg and 3.6 rpg last season. We have another returning starter at PG with sophomore Milton Cox (9.4 ppg and 4.8 apg). So a pretty decent group of starters. And to build upon all that, we have a deep bench with players at every position who can come in and contribute. I’m predicting we’ll be in Conference V after this season. Besides playing out our season, we still need to put a lot of work into recruiting, so that will definitely divert some of my attention. But I just can’t wait to begin playing games this season.

Preliminary scouting of the new Independent, Alabama A&M, indicates their guards and interior players are pretty strong, but they are weak at SF. They have a tough schedule with only 3 of their 15 games at home. And with that, let the games begin!
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 pm

Season Results:

Ramon Montez, Alcorn St.: Another season in the books. Before the season started they picked us to finish 5th in Conference V and lo and behold, where’d we finish? Tied for 5th (with 4 other teams) with a 9-7 conference record. We ran off 4 straight wins to begin conference play and things looked rosy. But in the latter stages of the conference schedule we lost 4 straight when our defense went south and that sunk our hopes of finishing in the Top 4. We had a winning season record at 14-13, but then we lost in the first round of the conference tourney to finish the year at 14-14. Our net was not impressive: 276th. But most of our opponents were in Quadrant #4 and even though we were 11-6 against those, that does help much for NET. We averaged 70.7 ppg and gave up 71.2 ppg. Finishing in the upper half of the conference was pretty good, but if we could have eked out another win or two in the conference we could have been in the top 4 and advanced. Instead we’ll be in Conference V again next season. We’re losing 4 starters to graduation, so our younger guys need to develop quickly.

Top players: PG Rudy Johnson-11.1 ppg, 3.4 apg, 1.2 spg; C Don Barnes-10.3 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.5 spg, 1.1 bpg; SG Jimmie Fuller-9.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 3.6 apg; PF Will Neely-9.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.1 bpg; PF James Roberts-8.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg; SF Benjamin Delk-7.2 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.1 spg.

Award: Don Barnes, Conference V Defensive Player of the Year and Conference V 2nd Team All-Conference.

Terry Morillo, Dixie St.: We won 5 out of 6 at home and lost 7 of 9 on the road. But our two road wins were exciting…a 66-64 victory over Toledo and a 66-65 win against SE Missouri State with both games close the entire way and lots of lead changes in both. So we ended our Division I season with a 7-8 record which wasn’t as good as I had hoped or expected. Our NET was 236th best. One team stat that stood out was that we hit 78.5% of our free throws, which was 22nd best in the country. SG Jerry McCutcheon scored 20+ points in 5 of our games. SF Gregg Linney and C Isaac Trent each had 10 or more rebounds in 3 games and one or the other of them was our top rebounder in 13 of our 15 games. We scored 71.3 ppg this season gave up 75.5 ppg.

Top Players: SG Jerry McCutcheon-13.5 ppg, 2.6 apg; PF Gregg Linney-12.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg; C Isaac Trent-9.7 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.3 bpg; SF Jason Marshall-7.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.3 apg; PG Antonio Huss-6.3 ppg, 3.3 apg.

Ken Yamoto, Tarleton St.: Another miserable season for us. We won just 2 games while losing 13. Again though, the odds were stacked against us with only 2 of the 15 games being home games. We suffered through a 7-game and two 3-game losing streaks. We averaged 66.3 ppg while giving up 77.3 ppg. Our NET was 349th best so there were 8 teams worse than us. Our best game was a 63-56 victory on the road against Charleston. In our final game, we nearly pulled off an upset on the road over Conf F St. Louis in a Quadrant 1 game, losing a heart-breaker 90-86…a game in which SF Mark Pryor came off the bench to toss in 23 points in 24 minutes of play.

Top Players: SG Lennox Blackshear-12.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.7 apg; C Tyson Trent-10.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg; PF Brett McCoy-10.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg; SF Art Morris-9.6 ppg, 5.3 rpg; PG Mark Jordan-8.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 4.3 apg; SF Mark Pryor-7.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg.

Mike McMillan, MD-Eastern Shore: Our season was torpedoed by a 5-game losing streak toward the end of our season. On a positive note, we finished the season by winning our final two games. But we finished our Division I play with a 6-9 record and a NET that was 213th best in the country. We averaged 71.2 ppg while our opponents scored 76.0 ppg against us. PG Valery Rogers scored 20 or more points in 4 games including 30 in an overtime win over Florida Gulf Coast. C Ike Dotson had two 20+ point games and four 10+ rebound games.

Top Players: PG Valery Rogers-12.9 ppg, 4.0 apg; C Ike Dotson-12.5 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 1.0 spg, 1.1 bpg; PF Malone Morgan-8.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg; SF Thomas Dennis-7.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.3 apg; SG David Bradley-7.1 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.2 apg; C Roby Ford-7.1 ppg, 2.1 rpg.

Dontrell Spencer, Arkansas-Pine Bluff: Our record was 9-7 but that included a loss in the first round of the NIT Tournament. We began the season by winning 6 of our first 7 games. Our NET was 86th best. We scored 81.1 ppg (15th best in Division1) while our opponents scored 78.3 ppg. We shot great, hitting 48.4% of our FGA’s (42nd best) and 40.1% of our 3PA’s (14th best). We’re excited that we will be advancing to Conference V next year.

Top Players: C Imari McDonald-13.2 ppg, 6.1 rpg; SG Henry Edmond-13.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg; PF Marcus Huld-12.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.2 spg; PG Milton Cox-8.8 ppg, 4.8 apg; SF Warren Kincaid-7.2 ppg, 5.9 rpg; PG/SG Steve Smith-7.1 ppg, 2.9 apg.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:07 pm

All 5-Coach’s Team:

PG: Valery Rogers, MD-Eastern Shore, 12.9 ppg, 4.0 apg
SG: Lennox Blackshear, Tarleton State, 12.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.7 apg
SF: Gregg Linney, Dixie State, 12.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg
PF: Marcus Huld, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 12.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.2 spg
C: on Barnes, Alcorn State, 10.3 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.5 spg, 1.1 bpg (also MVP amongst the 5 teams)

Tournament Champs:

NCAA: Brigham Young
NIT: UNLV
CBI: Duke
CIT: Tennessee

Probation:

Delaware State- loss of scholarships for one year.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:16 pm

Promotion:

By achieving the best record amongst this season’s 5 Independent teams, the MD-Eastern Shore Hawks have been promoted to Conference V. To offset this promotion the Presbyterian Blue Hens, that had the worst record in the Conference V standings will be relegated to become an Independent for the upcoming season.

Other Promotions/Relegations:

Conference A: Villanova, San Diego State, Notre Dame & Illinois were promoted to A while Kansas, Ohio State, Alabama, & Marquette were relegated to B.

Conference B: Creighton, Butler, North Carolina State & Arkansas were promoted to B while Tennessee, Syracuse, Wisconsin & Florida were relegated to C.

Conference C: Iowa, Kansas State, Virginia Tech & Vanderbilt were promoted to C while Georgetown, Miami (FL), Oklahoma State & Cincinnati were relegated to D.

Conference D: Belmont, Temple, Georgia & Southern Methodist were promoted to D while Missouri, Georgia Tech, Stanford & Minnesota were relegated to E.

Conference E: Saint Bonaventure, UNLV, Saint Louis & Boise State were promoted to E while Southern California, Saint Mary’s, South Carolina & Dayton were relegated to F.

Conference F: Colorado State, UC Santa Barbara, Vermont & DePaul were promoted to F while Alabama-Birmingham, Nevada, Tulsa & Northwestern were relegated to G.

Conference G: Ohio, George Mason, Fresno State & Yale were promoted to G while Northern Iowa, New Mexico State, Loyola (IL) & Oregon State were relegated to H.

Conference H: Duquesne, South Dakota State, Toledo & Pacific were promoted to H while San Francisco, Texas Christian, Missouri State & UC Irvine were relegated to I.

Conference I: Western Michigan, LaSalle, Harvard & Miami (OH) were promoted to I while Hofstra, Charleston, Northeastern & Valparaiso were relegated to J.

Conference J: Bowling Green, Montana, Drexel & NC-Greensboro were promoted to J while Loyola Marymount, Pepperdine, South Florida & Marshall were relegated to K.

Conference K: Texas-Arlington, Pennsylvania, William & Mary and Furman were promoted to K while Evansville, Princeton, Oakland & Wofford were relegated to L.

Conference L: Holy Cross, Fairfield, Lehigh & Rice were promoted to L while Chattanooga, Eastern Washington, Coastal Carolina & Siena were relegated to M.

Conference M: Abilene Christian, Stony Brook, Portland State & Little Rock were promoted to M while Southern Mississippi, NC-Wilmngton, Liberty & San Diego were relegated to N.

Conference N: MD-Baltimore County, Utah Valley, Robert Morris & Towson were promoted to N while Cal State Fullerton, Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Michigan & Delaware were relegated to O.

Conference O: Florida Gulf Coast, Elon, South Dakota, High Point were promoted to O while Portland, Niagara, American & Fordham were relegated to P.

Conference P: Marist, Radford, Florida International & San Jose State were promoted to P while Cornell, Columbia, Purdue-Fort Wayne & Canisius were relegated to Q.

Conference Q: Western Carolina, Louisiana-Monroe, Cal Poly & Quinnipiac were promoted to Q while Montana State, Samford, Cal State Northridge & Tennessee Tech were relegated to R.

Conference R: S.E. Louisiana, Hartford, Texas-Rio Grande & Texas A&M-CC were promoted to R while Lamar, Texas Southern, Navy & Southern were relegated to S.

Conference S: Fairleigh Dickinson, California Baptist, VMI & Stetson were promoted to S while Jacksonville, St. Francis (NY), Eastern Illinois & Central Connecticut were relegated to T.

Conference T: Citadel, Grambling, Bryant & Morgan State were promoted to T while S.E. Missouri State, Tennessee-Martin, NC-Central & Seattle were relegated to U.

Conference U: Central Arkansas, South Carolina State, Bethune-Cookman & Marymount were promoted to U while Western Illinois, NJIT, North Dakota & UC-San Diego were relegated to V.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:19 pm

Staff Changes:

Arkansas-Pine Bluff fired 1st assistant Tom McFall and 2nd Assistant James Boyce resigned to move to UC-Santa Barbara. Hired Eddie Beeson as 1st Assistant and Michael Smith as 2nd Assistant.

Recruiting:

Alcorn State: All 4 available scholarships filled: PF Will Friel, 6’6” HS senior from Shaw, MS; PF Virgil Brown, 6’6” HS senior from Houston, MS; SG Mike Gallagher, 6’0” JC sophomore from Woodville, MS; and C Gabriel Atwood, 6’8” HS senior from Canada.

Dixie State: 1 of 4 scholarships filled: PG Tyler Anderson, 6’5” HS senior from Monument Valley, UT.

Tarleton State: None of 3 scholarships filled.

MD-Eastern Shore: 3 of 4 available scholarships filled: SF Junior Sarchet, 6’8” HS senior from Boston, MA; PG Omar Briggs, 6’2” JC Sophomore from South Berwick, ME; and PG Tyron Andrus, 6’4” JC sophomore from Freedom, PA.

Arkansas-Pine Bluff: Filled just 1 of 5 available scholarships: SF Danny Logie, 6’7” JC sophomore from Danville, AR.

Poor recruiting by all by Alcorn State is likely to result in weakened rosters.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:54 pm

Get-together of the 5 Coaches (Ramon Montez, Terry Morillo, Ken Yamoto, Mike McMillan, and Dontrell Spencer):

Mike: We already have two seasons of coaching at the collegiate level under our belts. Time flies!

Ken: Maybe for you, but these two years have seemed like two decades to me. It seems as though nothing has gone right for me.

Terry: Don’t be so tough on yourself, Ken. Coaching at Tarleton State would be difficult for anyone. And your AD screwed you over with that hellacious schedule that had you playing on the road nearly 90% of your games. That’s a recipe for disaster.

Mike: I agree. In fact, if I were you, I’d be keeping my ears to the ground to see what coaching jobs are coming open and trying to make a move. Even though you may think your record at Tarleton would make that difficult, there are openings at the end of every season at conference teams and your experience is going to be a selling point.

Ken: I’m staying for the upcoming season. I just hope we can have some significant improvement, although being unable to land recruits is going to make that a real challenge.

Ramon: On another tack, let me be the first to congratulate Dontell on his team’s promotion to Conference V. Great Season, Dontell and sure will be good to have you joining our team in “V”.

Dontrell: Thanks, Ramon. We actually will go against each other this coming season.

Mike: I’m jealous. But I am happy for you, Dontell.

Ken: I think congratulations are in order for Ramon also. Your recruiting program just got rated as the 182nd best in Division I. While some might not think finishing midway up that rating is much to crow about, doing so by one of our programs with no basketball pedigree is aces in my mind. Particularly when the rest of our recruiting efforts were all rated near the bottom of those same ratings.

Terry: My intel indicates that none of us were able to get a budget or facilities upgrade AGAIN!

Ramon: Yeah, I would have thought our board would be ecstatic that we got invited to the NIT and be willing to show their gratitude. But they think our facilities are just fine already.

Dontrell: I ran out of money to recruit plus we got promoted and the board still woudn’t approve a budget increase! But I never see anyone from our board at our basketball games so getting them to appreciate anything we do is probably near impossible. But I really can’t complain. I chose to come here because it’s a Historically Black Colleges and University. The administration and alumni are focused on moving up the rankings of HBCU’s. So available funds are devoted to raising our academics. Diverting those to sports is a tough sell.

Ken: Presbyterian got booted down into the Independents. What’s your assessment of their chances this coming season?

Ramon: I wouldn’t worry much about them doing well enough to get back into Conference V. My guess is that next season’s promotion from the Independents to Conference V will be one of the one of your three remaining Independent teams. At least, I sure hope so.

Terry: Hey, steaks are about ready on the bar-b-que. Refill your drinks and let’s eat.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:37 am

2032-2033 Season

Transfers:

Only Alcorn State has a full roster. The other 4 schools either need to pick up some transfer players or take on a number of walk-ons.

Alcorn State: Coach Ramon Montez said, “I’m happy that we have a full roster right now. So we won’t be going after any transfer players, obviously. But our team will have 4 seniors this year so we’ll need to aggressively pursue recruits ths coming year.”

Dixie State: “This year we’ll be seeing who’s available to pick up as transfer players. With 3 scholarships that are open now, if we don’t get a couple transfer players, we’ll have too many recruits to go after since 5 of our players will be graduating at the end of this coming season,” said Coach Terry Morillo.

Tarleton State: Coach Ken Yamoto said, “We picked up two transfer players last year who will be able to play for us this season. With 3 unfilled scholarships, we’re hoping to find a couple more transfer players this year. This year we have 4 seniors on our roster so we’ll still have a lot of recruiting to do.”

MD-Eastern Shore: Coach Mike McMillan parroted the words of Morillo and Yamoto by saying, “We really need to fill some scholarships. Going into this summer we have just 11 of 13 available scholarships filled. And of those 11 on our roster, 6 are seniors so we need to have success in both picking up transfer players and then getting a bunch of recruits throughout this coming season.”

Arkansas-Pine Bluff: “We’ve only got 8 scholarships filled. So transfer season is of utmost importance. Fortunately only 2 of our 8 scholarship players presently on our roster will be seniors this season. But with so many openings now, we will have a big job once recruiting season begins,” explained Coach Dontrell Spencer.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports