SAME FEDORA-NEW CROWN?

Re: SAME FEDORA-NEW CROWN?

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:08 pm

Wow! Ya beat Dook at their place! HUGE win!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:30 pm

Boston College Chronicle

By Kinsey Ramsey

WHAT’S UP WITH THE POLL VOTERS?

Boston College has a 16-3 season record. Duke’s season record is 15-5. BC is 7-1 in the ACC and Duke is 5-3. Boston College has the best NET ranking and Duke’s NET ranking is 13th best in the country. The Eagles beat the Blue Devils by 8 points on Dukes OWN court.

The Media Poll and the Coaches Poll both have Duke at #4 and Boston College at #5. What the ___? We’ve been duked! We want a recount! It seems like it’s time to get a new set of voters in the polls who objectively look at the evidence.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:15 pm

In my experience there's a one week lag before the ratings catch up to big matchups.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:15 pm

Coach Fred Aura

Sam Dickens transferred to Wisconsin after a successful freshman season with us. After sitting out last year, he became eligible for this season. But Wisconsin signed the #1 ranked recruit last year who’s a SF and is averaging 13.1 ppg and 10.4 rpg. That’s left little playing time for Sam. He’s been on the court just 9.7 mpg and has averaged 3.9 ppg and 1.8 rpg in a very limited role. He did start once and scored 13 points and had 4 rebounds and 2 steals in that game.
Unfortunately Sam injured his foot in mid-December and then broke a finger two weeks later. It's not expected he will return for action for 2-3 more weeks.

I’m concerned that freshman Mike Braxton may transfer from us after this season. Mike was a highly ranked recruit. But we felt he needed development before he was ready to play much. It’s become obvious that playing time is a major concern of his. In fact, he feels he should be starting, but both Danny Toliver and Winston Minahan are playing much better at PF than is Mike. We’ve increased his minutes the past 4 games but he’s not done that well thus far. He definitely has the tools to develop into a very good player. His attitude, though, has become very negative…both toward me and his teammates. That’s a formula for transferring.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:09 pm

Jan. 25, 2029: Clemson Tigers (13-5, 5-3) vs #5 ranked Boston College Eagles (16-3, 7-1) at Silvio O. Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill, MA

Dominick Consignalli

I’m the Manager of Concessions at Conte Forum. I never get to actually watch the Eagles play since I want to keep track of what my employees are doing at the stands and the portable food carts in the concourses. But tonight I have headphones and am trying to listen to at least parts of the game since my daughter decided to attend Clemson and she’ll be asking me questions about the game when I talk to her tomorrow. We got lots of colleges throughout New England so I kept telling her there was no need to go so far away from home but did she listen to me? Hell no.

We have typical arena fare for the fans: hotdogs and sausages, subs, pizza, clam chowder, pretzels, bags of chips, popcorn candy, cotton candy, ice cream bars, apple slices, veggies with dip, beer, soda, hot cocoa, bottled water, coffee.

I tried chicken wings earlier this season...they were a hit but not with the forum’s janitorial department which didn’t like having chicken bones strewn throughout the stands after the game. But tonight I’ve added an awesome roast beef sandwich tonight which I think will be a hit with the fans.

Fortunately the team has been winning most of its home games the past few years. If they are losing, sales are way down. Sales go up when the team’s whipping up on an opponent. They’re also better if it’s raining since the fans don’t go outside during halftime. Tonight it’s cold and snowy outside, so we’ll sell a lot more hot cocoa and coffee.

The announcers on the radio just said the Eagles are riding a 6-game win streak. My daughter’s been telling me Clemson is good and is going to beat BC. We’ll see.

I was able to listen to most of the first 4 minutes of the game. The Eagles hit their first 3 shots to go up 6-0 but Clemson came back to knot the score at 8-8. Then there was a minor equipment emergency in one of the food booths that I had to attend to. The next time I was able to tune back into he game, the Tigers were up 25-16 and there was about 10 minutes to go in the half. Maybe my daughter was right. The Eagles fell behind by 11 before rallying late in the half to tie the game in the final minute. The score was 40-40 at the half. Top scorer for BC was PG Leonard Meliet with 12 points, but Clemson’s SG Darius Wilson knocked down 14 points.

The comeback by BC really helped stimulate food sales during the intermission. And the roast beef sandwiches were doing great.

When I was able to get back to the game the Eagles had scored the first 10 points of the 2nd half to go up 50-40 with 17-1/2 minutes to play. The announcers were saying that Coach Aura must have kicked his guys in their collective butts during halftime about playing better defense. It took Clemson almost 4 minutes to get their first score the of the 2nd half. One of my employees wanted to discuss scheduling. The next time I caught the game, the score was 64-54 in favor of BC and there were 10-1/2 minutes to go. The announcer was commenting about the guards on both teams were dueling it out. Clemson edged to within 5 points but Leonard Meliet hit a couple of big 3’s. With 4 minutes remaining, BC was ahead 82-75. The Eagles held on to score an 91-79 triumph.

Boston College was led by PG Leonard Meliet’s 26 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists. SG Corey Graham tossed in 18 points. C Courtland Reese added 14 and PF Danny Toliver had 9 points and 10 rebounds. Clemson’s two starting guards combined to score 32 points.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:40 pm

Email from the desk of Conte Forum Manager of Operations Dwight Graham:
Dominick: If you EVER even THINK of serving clam chowder again I'll have you reassigned to cleaning toilets. We had to hose down the entire arena. It was worse than the damn chicken wings! Probably a good idea if you don't show your face around here for a couple of days. I'm THAT angry! THINK!
Dwight
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:01 am

At home with Dominick and Stella Consignalli:

D: Stella, that SOB Dwight Graham got all over case again today.

S: Again? What's his problem THIS time, Dom?

D: Well, as you know I recently added bowls of clam chowder at our food stands. I guess some of the fans spilled a little of it. So the cleaning crew had some extra clean up.

S: That's a high profit margin item for the Forum, isn't it?

D: Hell yes it is! Graham's always wanting us to take in more money to make him look good. But every time I add a good item, he has a freakin' heart attack about something with it. Last time it was chicken wings, this time chowder. Hell, this is Boston...fans here loved both the wings and chowder and we hauled in some big bucks because of them. If the cleaning crew needs to work a bit harder on cleanup, so what? We still come out way ahead in the cash ledger. Next thing Graham will come down hard on me about the roast beef sandwich I added to the menu this last game. Maybe he's a vegan and will be all over my case about adding beef to the menu rather than trays of carrots and celery. Or maybe he'll be upset that we didn't use gluten-free rolls.

S: Too bad you have to work for such a stronzo.

D: Stella, watch your language.

S: Well, you shouldn't have to take his, his...well, you know what I mean.

D: (Laughing)

S: Maybe you should get a position over at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. And then let me go in and tell Graham he can kiss your...

D: STELLA!!!
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:10 am

Jan. 27, 2029: Syracuse Orange (10-9, 2-7) vs #5 ranked Boston College Eagles (17-3, 8-1) at Silvio O. Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill, MA

1st Assistant Coach David Woodruff (practice)

Earlier this season we dominated Syracuse inside (+14 in rebounds, +20 in points in the paint and with C Courtland Reese scoring 23 points) and whipped them soundly. Because of that, our team being on a 7-game win streak and Syracuse losing 7 straight before edging North Carolina State a couple days ago, we coaches have constantly been chiding the team to dig down in practice and not go into this game with overconfidence. We thought about starting Mike Braxton at PF tonight to try to begin turning around his deteriorating relationship with both his teammates and the coaches, but with the Orange having a strong player like George Plowman at PF, that just doesn’t make sense.

SG Corey Graham was charged 2 fouls in the first minute of the game. It took us 2-3/4 minutes to score. Two minutes later we moved in the lead. Even though we shot poorly, we expanded our lead to 14 points before settling for a 38-28 halftime advantage. PG Leonard Meliet led us offensively with 12 points.

Corey Graham came onto the court with a chip on his shoulder after foul trouble limited him to a single minute of play in the first half. He responded by scoring 5 points and handing out an assist to put us on top 45-28. He scored 12 points in the first 7 minutes of the 2nd half. With 12 minutes to play our lead ballooned to 59-38. Again we controlled the game inside and our lead grew to 28. We played our entire bench extensively and came away with a 74-55 pounding of the Orange.

Scoring in double figures for us were: PG Leonard Meliet—22 points (he also had 12 assists for a double-double); SG Corey Graham—14 points (all in the 2nd half); and SF Darius Hein—10 points. We got Mike Braxton in for 14 minutes…the longest he’s played this season.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:02 pm

Email from the desk of Dwight Graham, Manager of Operations, Conte Forum:
To: Dominick Consignalli:
Dear Dom,
Great job on the food choices. Yes, there will always be spilled drinks, there's no getting away from that, but your food choices tonight were excellent! My head of maintenance said clean up was breeze. Keep those sandwiches coming! Glad to see the chowder and wings gone!
Hey I know you like to mix it up. Have you considered sushi? Shouldn't be too messy if you serve it with forks instead of chopsticks. What do you think?
Dwight
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:20 am

Boston College Chronicle

By Kinsey Ramsey

MELIET ADVANCES

Boston College Eagles PG Leonard was named a quarterfinalist for this season’s Norton Award. The award recognizes not only excellence on the court but also outstanding effort in the classroom and within the community. Coach Frederick Aura praised Meliet saying, “Leonard has been a leader on the team. After playing at SF last season as a freshman, he moved to his natural position at the point this season and is leading our team in scoring with 16.1 ppg and assists with 6.5 apg. He’s also 3rd on the team in rebounding. He volunteers at the Boys & Girls Club and the YMCA, coaching and mentoring kids.”

Meliet was also named this week’s ACC Player of the Week. In the Eagles’ two games this week, he scored 48 points and had 9 rebounds, 19 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks. Coach Aura said, “Leonard has been on a tear lately. He’s averaged over 20 ppg in our last 5 games and had his first double-double with 22 points and 12 assists in our game this past week against Syracuse.”
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports