Hereafter

Re: Hereafter

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:41 pm

Load the game on another computer and send your game files to yourself (or onto a thumb drive) so you can open your association on the other computer...you don't want to be late for your trial date.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:54 pm

1. My license isn't working on the other computer. I've sent a support ticket.
2. I can't get at the game files since my computer is dead, or maybe not dead; I'm taking it to a geek as soon as I can. Big snowstorm tonight and tomorrow morning so maybe not until Monday.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:38 pm

Well that just sucks!!!

IF your computer can't be restarted, a repair guy should be able to recover your files from your hard drive...but hopefully the computer can be brought back to life.

I've had a few computer problems where I thought my association was lost. Each time I say, "I should have backed up my files to an external hard drive." Then I get my computer back and am just as bad as ever about not backing up. I"m not a confirmed member of NA..Nonbackuppers Anonymous"..."My name is PointGuard and I'm a nonbackupper...and it's been more days, weeks, and months than I can remember since I backed up"
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:46 am

Backing up my other computer right now. The dead one sent an error message. I think Windows is corrupted, which probably means I'm screwed.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:14 pm

New hard drive so I lost the dynasty. Matter of fact, I lost CB21. Working on it and thinking about finding a way to continue this dynasty.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:27 pm

The computer has a new hard drive so I lost the association. I'm saving it, or at least continuing it. Going back to 4/9/2037 (theoretically), and going to a new school because UCLA is just too good. SO let's take it from there, after a reminder of the basic premise I started with:

It seems I died, after a long and decent or better life. Can't really remember a lot about it right now.

So here in the afterlife I have free reign to design a new me, which can be as much like the current me as I want it to be and as much different as I want it to be. I then get to choose what age I want to start off at, and I live my life from there. I can "fast forward" through some stuff or just live it day by day. It can be an average lifespan or, I think, virtually forever with the option to terminate and start a new design at any point.

I thought about what I wanted to change about myself. After a long period of thought I decided to stay basically the same but to ramp up my intelligence by 15%, and my determination by 20%.

I focused on 3 things. 1. I wanted to learn to play the piano really well. 2. I wanted to be a college hoops coach. 3. I wanted to explore the universe.

So here I am on a space ship exploring the universe and coaching college basketball. And I play the piano really well.

At this point we're in deep space in the Milky Way, not too near any solar system, but heading for one. We have probes out in 8 different directions to see what they can see.
And they've seen a lot if you've read what happened to this point. That's enough of a refresher.

4/9/2037: After a great deal of thought I have decided to leave UCLA and try to build a new powerhouse somewhere else. I'm taking on a BIG challenge, Penn State, in the Big Ten. I won't be competitive initially, but then that's part of the fun- building to the point where I am competitive.

4/16: I hire three assistants I'm happy with. They aren't at the level I've grown accustomed to but they'll do.

4/23: I ask for $.

No luck.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:49 am

5/1: I've actually started already but today's the first day I'm getting paid.

We're going to run Motion and Flex on O. On D it will be man-to-man 50%, 2-3 25%, 3-2 25%. When the going gets rough we'll go to the man exclusively.

Working on getting to know my players. They'll be back on campus on June 1 for summer school and working at our two one week summer camps for high school and middle school kids.

TP is 54, Conf P is 84 so it's a climb!

After much thought and much discussion with staff we're buying the East Gold. We'd love to have the National Basic, but we can't afford it.

I made it clear to my A. D., as soon as I was hired, that we're underfunded.

My trial has been postponed. I still know nothing about the coup and the people involved in it except that Karl Graves is their leader. I don't know anything about the fate of the others who were arrested with me. I don't know anything about how this is going over with the people on the ship. Have they accepted it? Do they approve of it? Are they trying to find ways to fight it? No way to know.

6/25: We're going to the Big Apple camp.

6/26: 4 scholarships. We want 2 guards and 2 bigs. We would go with 3 guards if we had to.

7/17: Recruiting is going fairly well. It's so different from UCLA, but then everything is.

I'm playing the piano again; my captors have allowed me time in the holo for that as well as for coaching. I'd gotten away from it and my skills have eroded. I'm working at getting them back. I'd forgotten how much I love playing, and how much it relaxes me.

8/21: We offer to 2 PGs, 2 Cs. They all have us in their top 3.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:16 am

9/18: Got all 4. PGs #59 and 258, Cs #76, 88.

(Author's note: First year at a new school recruiting is set to Easy. After that it goes to Normal. Changing it right now.)

All kinds of noise in the corridors last night. Sounded like some sort of struggle or conflict. Nobody tells me anything, of course.

9/19: Lots of noise all day. I didn't get lunch today and I didn't get let out to go to the holo. I got dinner but it was just a sandwich. The guy who delivered it looked stressed but he wouldn't talk to me.

9/20: FREE!!!

I didn't get breakfast or lunch and the noise never stopped last night or today. Finally, in mid-afternoon, my door opened. I assumed it was a food delivery. It wasn't.

Jay Cross, a member of security, at least he was before I was locked up, came in.

“Hi Jed. It's over.”

“What's over?”

“The coup. We finally put it down. The Captain and the line officers, and what's left of the Council is back in control.”

He started to tell me the whole story. I reminded him I hadn't eaten all day and had missed a meal yesterday. He called for food to be brought to my cell.

“We'll get you back home after you eat. Your family is fine.”

It had taken a lot of underground planning before the counter revolution could begin. The people who led the coup were ruthless. Three members of the Council had been tried for treason, found guilty, and executed, as had two line officers. Evidently they were going from people they considered least important, up the line to more important and then most important. Fortunately they weren't very efficient and they got hung up on all kinds of technicalities or even more people would have been murdered.

“There were never more than about 20-25 people who were fully involved in the coup, and maybe a little less than 100 on board who supported it, but they had a real lock on power. They planned the takeover very well, it was very dangerous to oppose them. A dozen of my fellow patriots were caught and killed during the struggle to retake power.”

“But you're in control.”

“All of the members of the coup are under arrest and we're completely in charge.”

“What will happen to them. They'll get a fair trial, which is more than they gave any of us, and if found guilty they'll be executed. But it will take some time. We need to figure out how to fill all of the jobs left open by their murders and by the fact that several of the coup participants held key positions. Ah, here's your food.”

While I ate Jay told me that the Council would be meeting daily to plan for what was ahead, and if I felt up to it, today's meeting was in two hours. I was more than up to it!
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:46 pm

9/25: Back to coaching. We're at the Palmetto Shootout vs. Washington ST. I have put some challenges in the schedule, including 2 ranked teams, but not too many. I want to see how good this team is this year. More challenges next season.

The Council has been meeting for LONG hours every day. Today we feel like we finally have things put together. It remains a 9 member Council. We'll hold elections for the 3 vacant seats next month. There's too much other stuff to do.

All jobs are filled. More and more work is being done by robots. Our original 2,233 member crew is down to 997, with 86 being children too young to do any meaningful work.

But we're up and running. The ship is secure. We're moving forward.

All prisoners have been given Counsel to work with so that they get fair representation at trial. Several have elected to represent themselves instead. Trials will be by jury.

That's a problem in that we don't have a lot of spare people, if any, to do the work of the jury members. That necessitates that we do one trial at a time. Given that there will be 19 trials (some conspirators were killed in the battle to regain power), that's going to take some time. Karl Graves' trial will be first, starting in about three weeks.

10/2: 1st day of practice. It will take awhile for me to properly evaluate this team. I'm used to a much higher talent level. I need to adjust my expectations.
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:48 pm

10/17: Karl Graves' trial began today. Unsurprisingly, he chose to defend himself. He demanded that I be on the jury. The prosecutor did not object during jury selection so here I am. Lucky me. I'm going to be having very long days. There are parts of my job I'm still catching up on since my long incarceration, and I can't just not work while the trial is happening. So the work will be done before and after court.

Graves' is using the trial as a propaganda fest. He said in his opening statement that he wouldn't get a fair trial and that he would be executed. So this is just an opportunity to rant. Frankly, the judge is being too lenient and too patient, at least so far.

The judge is NOT the Captain. Graves demanded that it be a member of the crew, and, surprisingly to me, the Captain and the Council went along with that.

Rona Sling, a food service supervisor, is the judge. Rona is bright as can be, very well read, and a social justice advocate. She has been on the Council but is not presently on it.

10/21: After a week of listening more to Graves' rants than anything else, testimony has concluded. Closing statements on Monday.

10/24: Graves' closing statement was his longest rant yet. The prosecutor concluded with two sentences:

“The defendant has clearly been proven guilty. Do your duty members of the jury.”

We deliberated for about a half hour and found Graves guilty.

Sentencing was immediate.

“Karl Graves, you admitted multiple times during this trial that you led the coup which result in loss of innocent lives. I sentence you to lethal injection, to be carried out one month from today, on November 24.”

That's that. Now I can get some work done. Don't get me wrong, like nearly everyone on board the ship I'm opposed to the death penalty. But there is simply no way we can incarcerate anyone for life. We don't have the resources.

10/30: My team is starting to come together. i think we'll have a winning season but beyond that, who knows?

11/15: First game is tomorrow. There's a lot up for grabs but here's the lineup for now:

Soph Gary Sams starts at PG. He is a very good defender. Time will tell if he handles the ball well enough to keep the starting position. He's a good scorer.

Senior Jam Ster is at SG. He's another good defender and he's a good ball handler. Not sure if he can give us enough scoring.

#3 guard is junior Tony Rico. He's a little of this, a little of that, but not enough of anything.

Our #4 guard is soph Kip Terl. Let's hope we don't get injuries in the back court because he's not very good.

Starting SF is junior Rich Mack. He's a solid rebounder. This position is very much up for grabs between Mack and soph Tim Hern. If neither can cut it then one of my PFs will get the spot. Time will tell.

Starting PF is frosh Hal Tuck. He is an excellent defender and rebounder.

Senior Rach Mill starts in the middle.

Backing up at PF and C is junior Jan Bowe. He has looked decent in practice and in the two exhibition games.

Finally there's soph Ken Coll who hasn't looked great so far.

After that it's walk ons.

My biggest worry is that we don't have shooters. I hope we'll be able to get enough points but I'm not sure at this point.

There's a ship approaching us at very high speed. The probe directly to our right just spotted it.
Wayne23

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports