Burnout

Re: Burnout

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:57 pm

Sacramento, California
12:00 PM
June 27th, 2021
Sacramento State Men's Basketball Coaching Office

I arrived to the office pretty late for what was expected of me, which gathered some looks from the coaching staff, but I just ignored them. Today wasn't the day to get into anything too crazy; I wanted to simply grab some items and start looking over the list of recruits we had decided to contact. We are going to stay in California that is for sure and our reach even in state will not be enough. Lots of bigger programs based in this state like a UCLA or USC. Camps would start next week so I wanted to get a heads up on the stats of some of these guys in the High School circuit and that meat watching some tape. My goal here at Sacramento would be to build a "3 and flee" offense as we called it overseas. Focusing on guard play and shooting from beyond the arc a lot while maintaining constant motion on the court. That would be a task here at such a small school, but many of the guy's were already experienced in the shooting. Looking for a big who could eat up the boards would be key as well, but this was the first step and that was finding a guard to guide my team to glory.

Author Note: Lost some passion for playing the game, but bouncing around and found this and wanted to really keep it going. So reminder of the goals for this dynasty;
1. West Coast journeyman which means staying out West the entirety of the career, we don't want to leave our home region
2. Ideally we stick in Cali, but as we grow that becomes harder
3. Trying to make a challenge; not always being optimal or best start, I want to add to the drama and the realness of it if that means dipping from a power program to go to a low stakes team or not stick around if we feel in character it isn't going well, so be it.
4. Also still on 2021, have every DDSCB to 23 but feel comfortable with 2021 for this dynasty until I feel like moving it onward, will announce it when I do it
thecoolestjedi

Re: Burnout

Postby thecoolestjedi » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:52 pm

Sacramento, California
1:00PM
July 17th, 2021
Sacramento State Campus

Art Ezell came to visit and seemed to like it; the 6'2 PG could shoot from beyond the arc with ease and handle a offense with ease as a floor general' making him a prime target for us. His only issue seems to be his academics, but a key part of the visit focused on what he would mean to a program losing its best Guards to graduation and how the ball would be in his court for a while. Looks like Art will be the main focus of our summer time recruiting and he seemed to be very much thrilled with the setup here considering how different Utah is.

August 28th, 2021

Lots of calls and hang ups had us left with these targets to offer scholarships to with our 3 we had remaining:

PG Art Ezell a 6'2 out of Fillmore, Utah who could really change this program around if we landed him. A 3 star who performed well beyond expectations in the camps that we visited.
PG J.D. Richardson a JUCO 6'3 out of Valville, California who looks to be a 4-star prospect.
C Corey Detmer out of Midwest, Wyoming who looks to be our big man out the gate if he starts. Only a 3 star, but averaged a double double in High School.
thecoolestjedi

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball Dynasty Reports