Custom Play Editing

Re: Custom Play Editing

Postby AKH » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:18 am

There isnt a cookie cutter way to do it, but you can use the <start> command in the xml to move players around presnap.
AKH

Postby ZootMurph » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:06 am

Thanks Brooks!
ZootMurph

Postby ZootMurph » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:54 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Oh, and to edit you have to add a play to your playbook, then click on it and next to the delete play there will be an edit play. It's annoying, but I snuck it in there until we could look at the UI layout and find a better way.

I tried this this morning and still don't see the Edit play button next to Delete Play button when I click on a play that I created in my playbook. I'm using the Steam Version, and i'm assuming it's up to date, but it says 4.0.0
ZootMurph

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:38 pm

The edit play button is there if the play is a custom created one by the play creator. But I can double check that it is working correctly.
brooks_piggott

Postby ZootMurph » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:The edit play button is there if the play is a custom created one by the play creator. But I can double check that it is working correctly.

Thanks for checking.
ZootMurph

Postby regenerator » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:14 pm

"There isnt a cookie cutter way to do it, but you can use the <start> command in the xml to move players around presnap."

Could you please elaborate on this? From what I understand, this cannot be done from the current custom play editor. Could we please add that capability to the custom play editor, as far as moving players around to create any kind of formation, as well as even more useful things such as sending a player motion in general!

Can you send me the link to the complete instructions for editing the XML to create new plays so that I can do what you have recommended (using the <start> command, etc)? From what I understand, this sounds like it will be quite complex so I will need all the instructions I Can get!!
regenerator

Postby ZootMurph » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:50 pm

ZootMurph

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion