New Patch 4.0.2

New Patch 4.0.2

Postby blazertaz13 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:50 am

I am running DDS:PF off of steam and the game appears to be running the new patch as it shows 4.0.2.

There were two things noted in the new patch:

Improved preseason depth charts
2:00 minute warning

Now that I am finally getting some time to play, I just finished my 1st preseason game as GM of the Jets and while watching the replay (which could account for not seeing the 2:00 minute warning), I am still not seeing any change how the coaching staff is using the roster during the preseason. It appears that my starts are still getting the majority of the minutes. So I am wondering if there is something I am doing incorrectly that is causing this. If so, please let me know. I figured as GM I don't control the depth charts, play calling or play substitution.

I have been watching the replays only so the game is simming as mentioning above. The rest of the games played do seem to have a decent rotation going on during the preseason.

Thanks for the help.
blazertaz13

Re: New Patch 4.0.2

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:37 pm

Make sure you have the setting set for playing mostly backups.
brooks_piggott

Postby blazertaz13 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:37 pm

Thank you Brooks. I had a feeling it was something I was missing. I am still learning the game and seeing what I have control with while only playing as a GM.

Have a good rest of the day.
blazertaz13

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:45 pm

I thought I updated the code so that even without that settings in preseason games it plays your starters for Q1, maybe a bit for Q2, then they shouldn't play in Q3 or Q4, but let me know if you're seeing something different.
brooks_piggott

Postby blazertaz13 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi Brooks,

I can definitely tell you that in my first preseason game (without the change in strategy) my team played the starters for the full game. Once I made the suggested change above, the second preseason game played out as you suggested above.

Just to help clarify, I am only GMing and not coaching. So this was only affecting my team. The other teams were playing as you expected, including my opponent.
blazertaz13

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion