SUGGESTION - Enhance/Clarify "RATINGS PROGRESSION"

SUGGESTION - Enhance/Clarify "RATINGS PROGRESSION"

Postby regenerator » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:41 am

So the way it is now, I find the Ratings Progression to be almost totally useless. I really like the concept though, and it seems like it wouldn't take a lot to get it into a much more useful state

Here are some suggestions that occurred to me-

1) Have a little pop-up small bubble appear appear displaying the value of the Rating correspondoing to which line you the mouse cursor is over, as well as where in the "X" or date it is located. This way, if you hover over the yellow line line the key tells us represents Accuracy, also at the point where this line touches the vertical line labeled as "2018", the pop-up would display the player's Accuracy score in the 2018 season. Then as you move your cursor along, you can update the score appropriately, or at least display each time the line meets another date line. The next vertical line is for 2019, so when the cursor is there, the 2019 Accuracy shows up.
This is good bc right now, we have to eyeball it - yes, the Y axis is labeled 0, 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100, but that only gives us a really vague idea. Most of these scores are only going to vary in small increments, so we definetely need a way to get a more precise display for this to be worth the space its taking up.

2) This might be a defect kinda, or its just a suggestion to clean up. Right now, there's a lot of wasted space, both to the left and right of where the data is. We already have a pretty zoomed out, inexact view of this graph, so this wasted space is truly wasted. Lets zoom in our view so that the graph only encompasses where the lines actually are. RIght now there's essentially a large chunk empty on both the left and right sides of the multi-colored lines that represent the actual data. Widen the lines to take up all that blank space and you're already looking at something ten times prettier and more useful

3) Not too important, but maybe make the lines be a link to that particular rating?
regenerator

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion