Brooks Question --- RB & TE Alignment

Brooks Question --- RB & TE Alignment

Postby coachcbjii » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 pm

So, I am working on some custom plays and I just need some clarification...

When I look at the Depth Chart and view the Shotgun & Shotgun 4WR formations the RB is set to the right.
But when I go to make a custom playbook it looks like the RB is always set to the left on these formations.
Can you clarify whether the RB is to the Left or Right of the QB in Shotgun formations...

Part 2, Again in the Depth Chart View for Shotgun it looks like the TE is set to the Right on Attached to the Tackle ON the Line of Scrimmage
But if you go to the playbook it looks like in shotgun he is in a WING or SLOT position
SO my question is, is he ON or OFF the Line of scrimmage, and if he is off is he in a WING position or Farther out in the SLOT?
The same question for Shotgun 4WR, is he in a WING position or in a SLOT position?

Thank you an advance for any clarification.
coachcbjii

Re: Brooks Question --- RB & TE Alignment

Postby ZootMurph » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:32 am

What I've been doing with idiosyncrasies like this is create a couple of plays in a test game, then run a few weeks with those plays being the big part of the playbook, then watch the game in 2d... you'll get a better feel for it.
ZootMurph

Re: Brooks Question --- RB & TE Alignment

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:14 am

Yea, calling plays is the easiest way to see. I don't have this information readily available without tracing through the code. If you don't find the answer soon or if another member can't help then re-post here and I'll look it up after the initial release rush slows down.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion