A couple of bugs I noticed

A couple of bugs I noticed

Postby paulmm1982 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Sorry if this was posted earlier but I noticed 2 bugs:
1st is a QB scramble bug where the play is described as a QB scramble for a TD, usually 50+ yards but then goes into the stat sheet as a TD reception and also a run of the same length for the receiver, albeit not credited as a TD in the rushing stats. It is also credited as a TD pass for the QB. I kept seeing these long runs for receivers in the stat sheet without understanding what it was, since there are no WR or TE reverses in the game, and discovered the issue when I watched a simulated game replay.
2nd is in career mode there is a player who has more career sacks than anyone else in the top 10, but is not in the top 10 list, he is retired and his player info was not deleted. I am guessing there are other players that this has happened with, but it is the only one I noticed.
paulmm1982

Re: A couple of bugs I noticed

Postby Scoman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:49 pm

I think the QB pass completion % needs to be tweaked...I'm seeing a lot of QB's season totals with mid to high 70's completion % and as high as 80% in some cases.
Scoman

Postby Scoman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Scoman wrote:I think the QB pass completion % needs to be tweaked...I'm seeing a lot of QB's season totals with mid to high 70's completion % and as high as 80% in some cases.

Have you noticed this Brooks?
Scoman

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:33 pm

The QB scramble issue we will look into.

I haven't seen QB percentages that high in my test runs... the overall avg for multiple season sims normally sits at 62-63%.
brooks_piggott

Postby Scoman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:The QB scramble issue we will look into.

I haven't seen QB percentages that high in my test runs... the overall avg for multiple season sims normally sits at 62-63%.

That may be true but the high side is to high ,I just ran a 10 year test league ,default setting 32 team modern,fictional players, and had 5 QB with above 70% completion % for their career .Even tho the overall average maybe fine the high side is too high.

A Qb should rarely complete over 70% for a season only been done a handful of times all time,In your sim it happens way to often, I tried to post screen shots but it wouldn't let me,all you have to do is run some test seasons and look at the league leaders,happens every year.

Unrealistic percentages are a real turnoff to the die hard simulation guys out there. Kills immersion...game killer.
Last edited by Scoman on Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scoman

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:53 am

Ahh ok, I see what you're talking about, I'll try to adjust those down.
brooks_piggott

Postby Scoman » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Ahh ok, I see what you're talking about, I'll try to adjust those down.

Thanks Brooks.
Scoman

Postby Hageneezz » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:27 pm

I've seen a bug where sometimes when it's for instance 2nd and 5 on your own half, the half of the other team is mentioned...
Hageneezz

Postby Scoman » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Ahh ok, I see what you're talking about, I'll try to adjust those down.

Ran a quick 10 year sim with 4.0.2 best season was 79.2 % in 274 attempts.

Had 3 QB over 70 % for their career ,all with over 3000 career attempts.

So maybe might need tweaked some more....
Scoman

Postby ZootMurph » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:14 pm

As I mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=303&t=30332

"... In another thread, there was talk about many QBs having a high completion %, but the information was given in a vacuum. Maybe 80% of the pass plays were short passes, using a QB with high accuracy and high Intelligence, plus receivers with very high hands. That would get you a much higher than average completion %. All these stats can help not only in game, but also help you, the developers, understand some issues that people say they are having. ..."

Basically, unless you completely KILL passing, someone could conceivably have an incredibly high completion % over the course of years with proper circumstances. I think more information could help Brooks and friends figure out what's going on. Continuing to say I have guys over 70% gives almost no real information that could help them. Maybe if they got the files, they could look at them and figure out whether it's a game problem or a reasonable high end. Just like you don't want the high end too high, you also don't want the low end too low, nor do you want the variance toned down to such a point every offense is basically the same. Outliers are, unfortunately, more common that you'd think from the name and idea... in statistics.
ZootMurph

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion