OVR Ratings affect on field play?

OVR Ratings affect on field play?

Postby ZootMurph » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:57 pm

As I said in another thread, I was playing around with custom ratings. I found settings that I liked. I then used them and played a season 10 times with those ratings, which are generally a bit higher than the game's default ratings. Add to that I have players who, obviously, fit my ratings well. So with my ratings, my players are upper 80s-90s, and with default ratings they are anywhere from 70-90. After playing the test season 10 times with my custom ratings, I played 10 seasons with the default ratings. It turns out, ALL my stats were consistently worse with the default ratings set. So, basically, every player's abilities were the same... same speed, same intelligence, etc. The custom plays and playbook were the same. The ONLY difference was the OVR rating, based on my custom settings vs. default settings.

So, it seems obvious that OVR rating affects a player's on field play. Can you verify this for me? This would completely change my goals as a GM...
ZootMurph

Re: OVR Ratings affect on field play?

Postby AKH » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:27 pm

ovr does not affect field performance. On field logic is driven entirely by the specific ratings.
AKH

Re: OVR Ratings affect on field play?

Postby ZootMurph » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:51 pm

Thanks AKH. I will do more testing, if I continue to get similar results on a bigger scale, I'll save the results to send to you guys. It was only 10 seasons, and I forgot to turn off injuries, so there's not enough data... but I thought I'd check with you before I did a lot more testing.
ZootMurph

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion