League Format/Structures

League Format/Structures

Postby TalonHIFL » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Has the league structure model changed at all?

I have an excell doc from years ago that gave the layout of each league format.

example -- 28 teams, 16 Games : 6 divisions, 10 playoff teams, No Bye Weeks

Are they still the same, and is it possible (even if its in the next years version of the game) to have a custom league setting were we can choose the number of teams, nmber of games, divisions per conference, and how many teams make the playoffs instead of having to find one in the drop list that is close but not quite what we want?

i know its a lot to ask to be able to edit playoff tie breakers etc, but at least being able to set up a league to perfectly if your ideal model would be much appreciated.

I currently run my league with 24 teams, 18 weeks (16 games w/ 2 byes), 12 teams make the playoffs. I'd ideally like to either keep this structure and drop two of the playoff teams (only #1 seed getting a first round bye in the playoffs).

and also have toyed with the idea of 28 teams, 18 weeks, 16 games, with the 12 teams making the playoffs, but I really dont want 6 divisions, I'd like to keep it 4 divisions of 7 teams.

but those types of custom options would really be nice, if its possible.
TalonHIFL

Re: League Format/Structures

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Yea, it's something I keep coming back to, but I haven't found a good way to implement it given aspects of the coding. Will have to revisit again in the next version.
brooks_piggott

Postby TalonHIFL » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:47 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Yea, it's something I keep coming back to, but I haven't found a good way to implement it given aspects of the coding. Will have to revisit again in the next version.

Awesome to hear! Thanks Brooks!
TalonHIFL

Postby Skycast » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Yea, that's great to hear. I've wanted to have a 12 team league...3 divisions (no conferences) with the top two teams in each division making the playoff and the first and second seed having a bye the first week.
Skycast

Postby GiantYankee » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:30 pm

TalonHIFL wrote:Has the league structure model changed at all?

I have an excell doc from years ago that gave the layout of each league format.

example -- 28 teams, 16 Games : 6 divisions, 10 playoff teams, No Bye Weeks

Are they still the same, and is it possible (even if its in the next years version of the game) to have a custom league setting were we can choose the number of teams, nmber of games, divisions per conference, and how many teams make the playoffs instead of having to find one in the drop list that is close but not quite what we want?

i know its a lot to ask to be able to edit playoff tie breakers etc, but at least being able to set up a league to perfectly if your ideal model would be much appreciated.

I currently run my league with 24 teams, 18 weeks (16 games w/ 2 byes), 12 teams make the playoffs. I'd ideally like to either keep this structure and drop two of the playoff teams (only #1 seed getting a first round bye in the playoffs).

Could you please post the doc?

and also have toyed with the idea of 28 teams, 18 weeks, 16 games, with the 12 teams making the playoffs, but I really dont want 6 divisions, I'd like to keep it 4 divisions of 7 teams.

but those types of custom options would really be nice, if its possible.

Could you please post that doc please?
GiantYankee

Postby TalonHIFL » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Here is the one I had from years ago before the game became Draft Day. Hope it helps! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hUHcbh ... sp=sharing

(sorry for the delay, I was on a cruise)
TalonHIFL

Postby GiantYankee » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:32 pm

TalonHIFL wrote:Here is the one I had from years ago before the game became Draft Day. Hope it helps! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hUHcbh ... sp=sharing

(sorry for the delay, I was on a cruise)

Thank you sir!!
GiantYankee

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion