Draft scouting suggestions

Re: Draft scouting suggestions

Postby ZootMurph » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Speaking of scouting, is it possible to advise your scouts what type of player you are looking for? For example, you have 5 graded areas... Physique, Athleticism, etc... Can you choose, for each position, what your #1 trait is, and maybe your #2, so that your scouts will rate guys based more on your interest than in the generic interest. Basically, the grades are the same... but then you have the coaching grades. Is it possible to have your GM give his grades on each prospect in the draft as well, and those are based on your weighting of the player's various scouting grades? I don't know exactly how the coaching grades work, but there are differences between the coaches, so there has to be some leeway. It would be nice if you could say you like DTs who are strong and agile... or if you use the fives grades, you could assign 10 points total to the 5 areas (or however would work to keep your numbers in line with coaching grades), then I could say Physique is 4, Athleticism is 3, Intangibles 2, Football IQ 1, and zero for technique. Since you have no way of knowing what the coaches are interested in for each position, this gives you some better way to rate players based off what you want in that position and also based off the scouting reports. So, instead of 3 coaching ratings, you'd have 4, including the GMs rating.
ZootMurph

Re: Draft scouting suggestions

Postby AKH » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Its not something we are likely to add in a patch, but we can keep it in mind for future versions.

I will add that you can discern a lot about what your coaches value from their bio, as well as by looking at how they set gameplans.
AKH

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion