DDS vs FOF8

Re: DDS vs FOF8

Postby gbmoore » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Sure thing. Definitely give it a shot. Check out one of the twitch or you tube dynasties if you don’t feel like dealing with that. Twitch/maverick615 is someone who knows a lot.
gbmoore

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Looking at that person's post who indicated the issue, really didn't provide any details besides they tried the game for 30 minutes and the issue happened after a draft. How did they setup the league? What options did they set? Did they change any of the salary cap and salary options? Did they use a mod? etc.

I have created many single player leagues and haven't seen that issue but maybe it occurs when certain things are set...hard to say without the exact details.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:44 pm

One of the original versions with the default rosters had that problem but it was fixed pretty early. But if you run into a scenario where it happens again let me know here or on our slack channel.
brooks_piggott

Postby Rizzo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:03 pm

If you’re interested in a MP league, check out the CSFL thread here at WS. We currently have 3 openings and are about to start the regular season of the 2010 NFL season.
Rizzo

Postby BKL » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Back to the original post question....how difficult is single player? So far it seems reasonably difficult enough to provide a challenge. But I haven’t played a lot of seasons yet. Any other thoughts on difficulty compared to FOF?
BKL

Postby ZootMurph » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:04 pm

BKL wrote:Back to the original post question....how difficult is single player? So far it seems reasonably difficult enough to provide a challenge. But I haven’t played a lot of seasons yet. Any other thoughts on difficulty compared to FOF?

I have increased AI difficulty checked. I don't do drafts or free agency, I let the AI do that for my team. I set up a gameplan for offense and defense (basic gameplan, not a gameplan for each down and distance or anything fancy). I let the AI set up the depth charts. I run a full season all at once, so the AI makes adjustments for injuries. I have never finished less than 10 wins in 27 seasons in one league, and 15 in another league. I don't win the championship a lot... I just checked, 5 times in the first league and 4 in the second. So I have 9 championships in 42 seasons doing nothing but setting a basic gameplan.

If you are into creating complex gameplans, or creating plays, or both... My main 'fun' league I have played 40 seasons. I do everything, drafting players, going after guys in free agency, etc. etc. I set depth charts. I also create my own plays and my own playbooks. In 40 seasons, I won 9 games once, 10 games 11 times, 12 game 7 times, 13 games 9 times, 14 games 4 times, 15 games 5 times, and went 16-0 3 times. I have the setting Sudden Death OT (no ties), so there are never ties. I have won the championship 23 times, lost the championship game 11 times, lost the conference title game 3 times, and lost the division round 2 times. My 9 win season I didn't make the playoffs. I was a wildcard 7 times, and I'm 7-0 in Wildcard games.

The single player is very easy, in my opinion. It gets harder if you mess with settings a little. I just recently started a league with the run/pass ratio and run/pass ratio modifier to 1 and 100, to allow any amount of running or passing, and it's become harder for me, but I'm still very successful. I am going to restart this league where I can only use rookies out of free agency, and the only veterans I can have on the team are veterans I've drafted. So I'll be stuck with a lot of 7th rounders on my roster and undrafted free agents. If I have a bad draft, it will affect my team for YEARS. I expect that will be much more difficult.

But overall, single player is not difficult to beat, EVEN with Enhanced AI difficulty.
ZootMurph

Postby Thefatcat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:13 am

thanks guys, and thank you for the invite to the MP leagues alas i have not brought the game as yet :)
Thefatcat

Postby Thefatcat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:39 am

Just seen this is £36, wow FM19 is £37.....
Thefatcat

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:25 pm

ZootMurph wrote:
BKL wrote:Back to the original post question....how difficult is single player? So far it seems reasonably difficult enough to provide a challenge. But I haven’t played a lot of seasons yet. Any other thoughts on difficulty compared to FOF?

I have increased AI difficulty checked. I don't do drafts or free agency, I let the AI do that for my team. I set up a gameplan for offense and defense (basic gameplan, not a gameplan for each down and distance or anything fancy). I let the AI set up the depth charts. I run a full season all at once, so the AI makes adjustments for injuries. I have never finished less than 10 wins in 27 seasons in one league, and 15 in another league. I don't win the championship a lot... I just checked, 5 times in the first league and 4 in the second. So I have 9 championships in 42 seasons doing nothing but setting a basic gameplan.

If you are into creating complex gameplans, or creating plays, or both... My main 'fun' league I have played 40 seasons. I do everything, drafting players, going after guys in free agency, etc. etc. I set depth charts. I also create my own plays and my own playbooks. In 40 seasons, I won 9 games once, 10 games 11 times, 12 game 7 times, 13 games 9 times, 14 games 4 times, 15 games 5 times, and went 16-0 3 times. I have the setting Sudden Death OT (no ties), so there are never ties. I have won the championship 23 times, lost the championship game 11 times, lost the conference title game 3 times, and lost the division round 2 times. My 9 win season I didn't make the playoffs. I was a wildcard 7 times, and I'm 7-0 in Wildcard games.

The single player is very easy, in my opinion. It gets harder if you mess with settings a little. I just recently started a league with the run/pass ratio and run/pass ratio modifier to 1 and 100, to allow any amount of running or passing, and it's become harder for me, but I'm still very successful. I am going to restart this league where I can only use rookies out of free agency, and the only veterans I can have on the team are veterans I've drafted. So I'll be stuck with a lot of 7th rounders on my roster and undrafted free agents. If I have a bad draft, it will affect my team for YEARS. I expect that will be much more difficult.

But overall, single player is not difficult to beat, EVEN with Enhanced AI difficulty.

Just curious if you have any ideas on how to make it more difficult. Is it too easy to stack your team with good players (meaning we need to make the AI more aggressive in signing folks...) or is it stuff like the AI not setting rosters up optimally? Or AI being bad at drafting?
brooks_piggott

Postby cdcool » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:30 am

ZootMurph wrote:Same with FOF in my opinion. The AI can be made to be harder as far as GMing goes, bidding hard on good players and drafting better, but in the end good game planning makes it easy to beat the AI regularly.

Truth is, I doubt you'll ever find a game where the AI is so tough that makes it interesting. All games like this and FOF are made to be played against human opponents. That's where the real challenge lies.

I only play single player in both FOF 8 and DDS, CPU vs CPU controlling all teams as GM, it a fun way of playing and it is challenging.
cdcool

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion