Off field player traits

Off field player traits

Postby Thefatcat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Hello

In the help file it says this "The first is that personality matters a lot, and certain of the off-field player traits (listed under 'special' on the player card) can have a big impact" Sorry if i am being dumb but i can't see the "special" on the player cards anywhere, can some one point me in the right direction please, thanks.
Thefatcat

Re: Off field player traits

Postby ZootMurph » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:23 pm

When you look at the player card, there are two columns. One is Player Ratings. The other is Player Profile. Player Profile is what that is talking about. Things like Leadership, Work Ethic, Competitiveness, etc. affect a player's training, and other things depending on the Trait. For example, high Work Ethic helps a player develop through hard work. High Competitiveness helps a player play a little better on the field because he is very competitive.
ZootMurph

Postby Thefatcat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 am

Ok thanks, the way help file talks about "special" i thought there were some more.
Thefatcat

Postby AKH » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:46 am

The reference is to the 'traits/special' on the player card (in the top bar of the card bottom line next to his picture)

Here is a list of the traits (this is an old one from the college game, there are a some differences compared to the pro game, I can post an updated one when i find time)
viewtopic.php?f=266&t=25516

EDIT: I see its called "FLAGS" on the player card now.
AKH

Postby Tiger Fan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 pm

A follow up question on values close to home. In the Pro Game I don't see home towns listed anywhere on player pages, only colleges. So does it change to value close to the school he played at or is the hometown data stored somewhere else that I haven't been able to find? If no hometown is generated in DDSPF created rookies is it different for players imported from the college game as they get a home town when they are created as incoming freshmen.
Tiger Fan

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion