Default Rosters?

Default Rosters?

Postby steamboat23 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:04 pm

I haven't been able to really get through many seasons, so I can't comment on how the sim stats are effected by this, maybe you guys can tell me. But the default rosters in this game seem to really inflate certain players ratings...by a lot. Melvin Gordon is good, for instance, but a 100 overall? Sam Bradford is an 88. And it just seems across the board. Anybody recommend or have found any rosters to download that deal with these? Or am I not getting something about the talent spread. Help.
steamboat23

Re: Default Rosters?

Postby renojedi » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:26 pm

The rosters are an after market mod by a community member that the developers added in. He is one guy who does it as a volunteer though he takes feedback from the community. As expected, that has led to some ratings some may not agree with but I don't blame him. If I had to rate 1600+ players I doubt I could do any better. I am not sure how it affects realism as I have only played half a season so far.
renojedi

Re: Default Rosters?

Postby steamboat23 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:17 pm

I'm not disparaging the effort it takes to do this.

I just start the first season able to sign 100 overall players for league minimum. Can sign Sam Bradford and immediately improve the team. Saquon is averaging 300 yards a year sitting behind Jay Ajaii. Etc.

Alot of the difference could be attributed to differences of opinion, but some were just puzzling to me. I know overalls usually don't translate to good play.

But I also don't want to assume I know how the Sim works as I'm brand new to it.
steamboat23

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion