DEFECT-Faces Are Changed When Using A JSON IMPORT

DEFECT-Faces Are Changed When Using A JSON IMPORT

Postby regenerator » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:11 am

I just found out much to my chagrin that when I export rosters from one league, then import them into a new league(by selecting a Custom Player json file in the league creation screen), all of my faces that I have created and meticulously assigned for 100-200 players are not maintained! Am I not doing something right, or are other ppl seeing this?
If this is in fact a bug, can you pls update and release? I am finally going to start my official personal league after this great recent patch, but this is a hurdle I don't want to try to work around.

I anxiously await your reply...
regenerator

Re: DEFECT-Faces Are Changed When Using A JSON IMPORT

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:52 am

I don't think the faces are included in the exports so when it imports it regenerates them. I'd have to check into this.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:48 pm

What is the likelihood you would look into changing this? Is there any chance? Would it be an easy fix?
If it's something that is too difficult to be worth your time, pls let me know and I'll get over it
However if it is something you'll do, I might wanna wait to start my league until this frature is part of imports.

Either way pls let me know as soon as you can thank you Brooks!
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:06 am

Okay sorry I have repeatedly tried to send this to you Brooks via DM but it keeps getting stuck in my outbox, so I apologize in advance if you receive a flood of the same msg from me all at once.

i am anxiously awaiting your reply to this, specifically whether this is an easy fix that you will put into next patch, or if it's a little tricky and/or not likely to be in next patch and may be awhile, if ever, before you do include this.

I'm holding off starting my personal league based directly on this one topic answer from you. If we will be seeing it ill hold off on my league so i can import the faces.
If you aren't likely to change this anytime soon, then i accept that too, and will begin manually changing all my 200+ player-specific faces manually. Obviously, I don't want to have to go down the manual route if you wind up adding this feature.

Either way, pls let me know - i await your answer before proceeding to start my leagaue...thanks...
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:01 am

Is it still possible to import player photos in DDSPF2020?

If so, does this include the new style of player photo that we create in the game with that new player photo creation method? It was my understanding that you cannot import player photos created with the new tool, as i don't believe there is even an external file created anymore, is there? I know with the old method u could essentially import anything to be a player's face, as long as it was the proper format(what was that, jpeg?) and named properly with "playerfirstname_playerlastname", and placed in the proper folder.

Can you remind me what folder we are supposed to place those player photos if indeed that functionality remains for vers 2020?
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:41 am

You should still be able to drop player picture files in with their names as that still works. But there is no way to get files of the faces generated... the game doesn't persist them to disk, only the selected options.

I haven't looked at the import/export for this yet. Should be doable, but I don't want to wreck any of the current mods, etc. that are out there by adding more fields they're not expecting without testing it first.
brooks_piggott

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:19 pm

I added it for next patch.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:39 pm

Any kind of estimate, no matter how rough, for expected time frame/release date for next patch?
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:16 pm

hi brooks, I notice this made 4.0.7. Thats fantastic! Except I just came across a new related defect. I'll post on slack too to try to get a quick reply.
Anyway, I tested and the faces do come across. However, in my new league where I already imported all my players w faces from a another league, I did a second export/import from within the league to modify Traits.
When I did this second export/import, my faces are lost, and random ones have now been attributed, writing over the correct faces.
Also, when I go back and import my original file exported from my other league, the faces are restored.
Is this clear? I'm struggling writing it, but hopefully you understand what I'm saying...
regenerator

Postby cdcool » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I added it for next patch.

Yep the faces do change
cdcool

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion