Error report

Error report

Postby Ronm » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:56 pm

Day 2 with this game after a great experience day 1.
Today however, the game is unable to play..still can do team things like roster management, play book, etc...but when trying to play the next game, it is returning the following error tomy document folder.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DDSPF Error Log
-------------
Date: 4/23/2020 7:39:37 PM
Source: mscorlib
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at DDSPF.GameFunctions.SelectBlitz(Team team, String Formation)
at DDSPF.GameFunctions.PassPlay(Game g, Play OffensivePlay, Play DefensivePlay)
at DDSPF.GameFunctions.SimGame(Game g)
at DDSPF.GameDisplayControl.ylVdbGRWmELNXIQHSXAQFyukLuyH(String PlayOrSim)
at DDSPF.GameDisplayControl.vlUejujuboalnBccpzTzfOTUPvQR(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 4/23/2020 7:41:17 PM
Source: mscorlib
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at DDSPF.GameFunctions.SelectBlitz(Team team, String Formation)
at DDSPF.GameFunctions.PassPlay(Game g, Play OffensivePlay, Play DefensivePlay)
at DDSPF.GameFunctions.SimGame(Game g)
at DDSPF.GameDisplayControl.ylVdbGRWmELNXIQHSXAQFyukLuyH(String PlayOrSim)
at DDSPF.GameDisplayControl.vlUejujuboalnBccpzTzfOTUPvQR(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ronm

Re: Error report

Postby AKH » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:37 pm

looks like there are no blitz plays in your game, which means theres something wrong with the plays.xml

Did you do anything to it?
AKH

Postby Ronm » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Hmm thank you.
Yes, I downloaded the custom plays available here on the forum, and since both files were the same name I made the original as a backup.
Is there a different method I should have used? I very much like the custom plays lol
Ronm

Postby AKH » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:01 pm

just copy the custom plays into the original
in the file a play starts with <play name formation etc etc> and ends with </play>

(you can open it with notepad+ and other freeware textapps.)
AKH

Postby Ronm » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:22 pm

thank you!
Ronm

Postby Ronm » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:37 pm

I appreciate your help. I want to be sure we are talking about the same thing.. the play file seems to be an excel file, so I would just copy the one, open the other, and paste it in?
Ronm

Postby Ronm » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Also notice an error when logging onto the game that seems related... it is looking for the wishbone formation that is listed as a formation in the new custom play folder but was not listed in the initial (release) version play file.
A great selling point was the ability to use these mod files and to make our own, but I am having some second thoughts if they cannot really work in the game. I was looking back through the forum here and see questions much like my own, still unanswered from January.
I love what this game could be, but is it perhaps just "not there yet"?
Ronm

Postby AKH » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:45 am

I would avoid excel for editing since itll maybe screw up the formatting once you save again. Use notepad+ (or just notedpad/wordpad or some other pure texteditor if you dont have an xmleditor).

1) open the xml file you want to copy plays from
2) highlight the plays you want to copy - make sure to include the start/end tags <play and </play> on each one.
3) open the plays.xml you are going to use (the default one in your case) and paste the plays INTO the default playbook BUT NOT inside the scope of another play so RIGHT AFTER the last </play> tag but BEFORE the </playbook> tag.
4) save the file

Im not sure what the other problem you mention is about, feel free to PM me with a link to a screenshot or otherwise give more details.
AKH

Postby Ronm » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:09 am

Thank you for the explanation.
This worked perfectly.
A pointer if anyone experiences the same issue (as the play.xml was downloaded from this forum in a fairly recent post regarding new plays) it seems that the designer of the plays set up for use also in the college game (which I am eager to try as well) and it included about a dozen + plays with the Wishbone formation. When I entered the game I received a small error message that the game could not locate wishbone, but it still let me into the game, but crashed to desktop when I tried to sim one of the NFL games.
I followed your instructions for the play transfer, and then also went through and deleted each play that used the Wishbone... and VOILA! perfect!

thanks again!
Ronm

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion