Star free agents not getting signed

Star free agents not getting signed

Postby Mwilliams01 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Does anyone have the issue of star free agents not being signed? It looks like CPU controlled teams are bad at managing the salary cap and star players aren’t willing to adjust their salary request. As a result, Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady were just picked up for the league minimum. This is a major flaw that has taken away from my enjoyment and hopefully it can be fixed.
Mwilliams01

Re: Star free agents not getting signed

Postby psucolonel » Sun May 31, 2020 10:54 am

I must admit, this is the issue which kept me away from purchasing...if this can be fixed I am in.
psucolonel

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun May 31, 2020 3:08 pm

I'm not exactly sure how to fix this issue. It's hard for me to tell if you're hitting the issue because player salaries are too high, or you cap is too low, or both. It also depends on how many players current CPU teams have on their rosters... if they already have serviceable (and/or expensive) players they won't make offers. Are the brady's and mahomes' getting offers at all? Or are they just rejecting offers because they're too low?

The CPU does not drop players to attempt to sign free agents... at least not until free agency ends. I suppose going forward I can have a handful of teams drop players hoping they can all go after highly rated free agents, but it will possibly make salary cap issues worse as they rack up penalties just to try and get a free agent. And you could have teams dropping highly rated QB's just for marginal bumps. That doesn't seem like a good solution either.
brooks_piggott

Postby jscott991 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:35 pm

The cap should probably go up year over year to help the CPU manage it.
jscott991

Postby jjmdirector » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:15 pm

free agents should accept more deals. What I do is penalize free agents at the end of the year for not being on a team (player rust) using the player updater. I penalize every free agent 10% position skill and a random amount on each attribute. you will see those 90's drop to 80's by the next year
jjmdirector

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion