I don't want to use finances and it won't let me ...

I don't want to use finances and it won't let me ...

Postby SD1972 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:40 am

I don't want to use finances and it won't let me uncheck the box. I was looking forward to playing this without dealing with all the financials and it won't let me do it. I am patched up to the latest version by the way.

Update: Just played hours of the game and could not put it down even with not much customization done by me other than correcting the team names and well some nagging issues or things wanted in the game. Definitely worth the purchase at $20 CAN during the sale.
SD1972

Re: I don't want to use finances and it won't let me ...

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu May 07, 2020 10:01 am

Financials are required... in the future we may look at turning them off, but there is a lot of dependencies in the game on salary (coaching decisions, free agency, extensions, etc.). If we turn off financials we'd have to turn off significant portions of the game. You may be able to try different financial settings to get one where they don't matter as much anymore. (ie every player is paid 1 million and the salary cap is 300 mil or something like that)
brooks_piggott

Re: I don't want to use finances and it won't let me ...

Postby SD1972 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Well it was just odd to see a checkbox where it looked like you could turn them off. Anyway honestly I don't care as I don't do franchise modes in games where you play on and on with a team til they win the Super Bowl or whatever so contract won't matter if I am doing one off seasons. Thing is though I am intrigued by doing it with this game and starting to already get used to all the nuances. We will see what happens but franchise or no franchise I am enjoying the game immensely and put off playing WOW which is a miracle and played this instead and too long as it is almost 2 pm EST here and still no sleep. LOL!
SD1972

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion