A question after first 2 weeks

A question after first 2 weeks

Postby Ronm » Mon May 11, 2020 2:09 pm

I loved the trial of this game enough to purchase. I was more interested at that point in figuring out how much I would like it, rather than delving into it, which I have done
now.

A couple of Qs have surfaced.
Is there a way (easy or hard, I dont care) to bring in players with their stats from a league that has been played for 13 seasons using a different game, I like the way this game runs and the other game is a classic, but aging with no support. However, the league owners do not want to re-begin our history, records, etc.

Second, Is there a way to add in formations offense and defense, beyond those included in the game?

Thank you!
Ronm

Re: A question after first 2 weeks

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon May 11, 2020 3:02 pm

Bringing in players is doable but it won't bring in stats or records.

Formations are hard coded into the game. You can customize plays (and for advanced modders you could mod the plays to move players around pre-snap to simulate other formations) but that's it.
brooks_piggott

Postby Ronm » Mon May 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Thank you Brooks. I sort of figured both of those, but never hurts to ask.
To bring in the Players, would you just edit names and years "in the league" from their edit buttons?
And as a part two to that question, If I were to get the collegiate game, which I am definitely considering, is it "somewhat easy" to transfer its players to the pro game and draft them? I am assuming they were almost designed to work together?
There would need, I am sure, to be some sort of luck involved though, because not every NCAA star ends up with the tools to be a pro even, whats more, a pro star.
Ronm

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue May 12, 2020 9:09 am

There is an export button in DDSCF to generate a file you can use the bring graduates into your DDSPF draft class.

There is a DDSPF format that uses .json to import players. There is also a converter in the mod section to convert from .json to .csv so if you're good with spreadsheets you can edit your players in mass. It also helps if whatever other game you're using has an export data function that you can use to bring players over.
brooks_piggott

Postby Ronm » Tue May 12, 2020 11:39 pm

Thank you!
Ronm

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion