Ratings Spread/Suggestions

Ratings Spread/Suggestions

Postby t965203 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:09 pm

I'm running into issues where my leftover free agency pool is just too talented. I've adjusted budgets, so money is not a problem. I have 37 free agent quarterbacks at the start of the season who are 80+. Running back wise, there are like 10 guys who are 85. A lot of times the left over high talent players are old, so it makes sense, but for instance 7 of those running backs who are 85+ are only 22 years old. Similar issues with other positions, but these two are the worst. The glut of leftover talent makes me feel like the draft (or the offseason free agent period) doesn't really mean much.

Is it possible using imported classes from DDSCF could be causing issues? I do check the "adjust" options on the import, but I'm wondering if maybe the vanilla game doesn't create so many talented draftees? It just seems like although the rating system is 0-100, it's bascially 80-100. Below 80 is garbage, 80-85 is a starter, 85-90 is a good starter, and 90 is great. There's not enough of a talent gap.
t965203

Re: Ratings Spread/Suggestions

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue May 12, 2020 4:35 pm

You can go into options and tinker with the custom OVR settings which should get you a better spread. Importing CF kids does bring in a lot more into the draft class than the game generates, so the overall curve is much higher. The adjust button is supposed to adjust the class to match, but once you get too many players of that caliber even that won't work. I would look at doing the mass-adjust as well to see if you can drop a few ratings by a few points to get them to your desired state.
brooks_piggott

Re: Ratings Spread/Suggestions

Postby t965203 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:50 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:You can go into options and tinker with the custom OVR settings which should get you a better spread. Importing CF kids does bring in a lot more into the draft class than the game generates, so the overall curve is much higher. The adjust button is supposed to adjust the class to match, but once you get too many players of that caliber even that won't work. I would look at doing the mass-adjust as well to see if you can drop a few ratings by a few points to get them to your desired state.

I'm playing around with it now and it seems promising.
t965203

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion