Please Help Me !!

Please Help Me !!

Postby VIKING1000 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:47 pm

I recently purchaed the NFL 2020 game.

I am having some difficulty with it now. I will list a few of the issues I am having and if anyone can help me I would be most grateful.

On the far left side of the screen under where it says draft day sports pfr 20 , it shows arrows and a football icon. These are both white and if I click on either of them nothig happens. I also have a note on the right side of the screen that says under notification center that the 2019 draft is upon us , click the double arrows to open up the draft screen. But again I clck on the double arrows and nothing happens.

Also on the commisioneers office screen only the configure teams icon is highlighted. All the rest , commisioneer login , publish / upload , and import all teams are all light and can't be clicked on. It's like I have no players on any of the rosters at all. I have tried sandbox as well as the other 2. I have tried to import rosters but nothing. In league options I see a use serpentine format and import draft from history and convert league to career league and export data export html , export csv / access. I'm not sure what to choose her.

I have downloaded historical player data json as well as nfl real names and nfl wolverine. I have also started to change the logos to the real ones. But I am completely stuck as to how to play this game. I just am not sure what to do and it gets frustrating to look at these screens. Last thing is I have the screen resolution for full screen , but some of the options on the far left of the screen seem to be on top of one another. Like I can click some options but not all of them.

Sorry for the long post but if there is anyone who can help me I would really be most thankful.

Thank you for your time.
VIKING1000

Re: Please Help Me !!

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:15 am

When things get stuck on top of each other that normally points to a windows scaling issue. I would go into Display Settings and make sure the Scale and layout is set to 100% (or test out some other settings if 100% doesn't work). Then you should be able to have the buttons be clickable.
brooks_piggott

Postby VIKING1000 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:48 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:When things get stuck on top of each other that normally points to a windows scaling issue. I would go into Display Settings and make sure the Scale and layout is set to 100% (or test out some other settings if 100% doesn't work). Then you should be able to have the buttons be clickable.

Thanks for replying. But I have a lot of issues with this game. I can't even set it up to play any games. I need help. This game could be very fun but as of now I am very disappointed in it and feel very frustrated by it. The game should have already came with the seaons loaded into it historical , like the OOTP Baseball game did. This is very disapponting and I need help with this game.
VIKING1000

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:01 pm

The community is great at helping, but you're going to need to be more specific on what the issues are. If you can't click on buttons or navigate screens we probably need to get that fixed before diving into the options for creating league, historical mods, etc.

We could use reproduction steps, screenshots, videos, anything so we can get an idea of what you're seeing. After we get the game running correctly there are dozens of posts in the mod section on how to set up historical leagues or use updated roster sets with modern team names and player pictures. We don't have the same sort of license available to use like OOTP does with baseball, so it's going to require some extra work using community mods to do what you're asking.
brooks_piggott

Postby VIKING1000 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:00 pm

First I want to apologize for the rant yesterday. I guess the frustration just has been getting to me over this game.

I was wondering if we could try the reconstruction steps for the sandbox mode , career mode and multiplayer mode. Maybe a step by step kind of instruction. I just feel that when I click on any of the 3 game modes I am missing something. There are no reosters or players. Also if you think I should start out with one of the 3 game modes , whatever would be easier for me to try to get a grasp of the game and be able to play I would really appreciate that. The arrow and football buttons on the left side are not enabled for some reason, so when I try to forward to the draft nothing happens. The only thing I have been able to do so far is update the team names and logos to NFL ones.

Thank you for your time.
VIKING1000

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:09 pm

If the league state is at the draft then you should be able to click the advance button and the draft console will appear in the middle of the page. Then you can click on Complete Draft if you want the CPU to run the whole thing.

You can see a sample of this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlzFKgxco_g&t=0s (This is an online league so you won't need to log in or any of that stuff, but it at least shows clicking on the advance double arrows and then the draft screen where you can click complete draft)
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion