Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Postby Thunder103093 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:13 pm

I am a fan of PFS. the older version of this game & i've been playing it since 2014 & i run a few leagues on YouTube. But the game is no longer supported. I've been trying the demo of Draft Day Sports: Pro Football for years now but i always had problems playing the game to test it. I tried it again this morning & i finally seemed to figure it out. But i had another problem. I wanted to fun my PFS leagues on it & i had no idea if that would work. So i put my older leagues on DDS & they actually work, sort of. Some leagues are working just fine, but others are not & when i load them up. i get an error called "Error Loading League: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" & it keeps me from loading players to edit them & other things. How can this be fixed? Its not happening on half of my leagues & i've tried everything i could think of fixing it but nothing. I would get DDS, But i need my older leagues to work on it
Thunder103093

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Postby AKH » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:00 am

DDS is made to be backwards compatible from version to version, so we make sure that if you change from one version to the next your leagues will work.

However the cumulative changes over the last several years pile up and at certain points compatibility is lost with older versions (but not the most recent of course) of the game.

I honestly have no idea how far back 2020 is compatible, but I would have expected PFS leagues to not work, given that its not even a game from this publisher and 5+ years old.
AKH

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:24 am

This one is tough... I "think" they're backwards compatible but I honestly don't remember, and it won't work necessarily at all stages of the game (i think converting at the beginning of a season may work better?). And I'm not sure you can drop a PFS league into a DDSPF20 game directly... you may have to go to DDSPF16, then 18, then 20... or you may be able to go from 16 straight to 20. it's not really about backward compatibility, it's about loading the league files up in the games so it can add in default values for things like coaches.

You can share your PFS file and I can try loading it up and see if I can figure out what it's missing... or if you have friends that have older versions of DDS you can see if going into DDSPF16 works first?
brooks_piggott

Postby Thunder103093 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Ok, i can send them, how do i do that? some of my PFS Leagues work just fine but some don't. But i can send them once i know how,
Thunder103093

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:45 pm

If some work and others don't I would guess it's related to the stage of the season you're at. If you're at the same stage and one works and one doesn't you can try sharing your league file on onedrive or box or somewhere I can pick it up from.
brooks_piggott

Postby Thunder103093 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:20 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If some work and others don't I would guess it's related to the stage of the season you're at. If you're at the same stage and one works and one doesn't you can try sharing your league file on onedrive or box or somewhere I can pick it up from.

ok, i'll check the leagues again & see if there is a difference with them & send them by dm
Thunder103093

Postby Thunder103093 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:29 am

i'll have to upload it in the morning since i can't upload the file on mediafire for some reason
Thunder103093

Postby Thunder103093 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Here are the leagues
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8kihpuf8z ... s.zip/file

PFA, UFL, NFL & FML are the leagues that have the error, the others are fine
Thunder103093

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Looks like personalities are disabled on a couple of those leagues. Try enabling that and see if they load... I'm assuming personalities are working in the working leagues?
brooks_piggott

Postby Thunder103093 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:Looks like personalities are disabled on a couple of those leagues. Try enabling that and see if they load... I'm assuming personalities are working in the working leagues?

Ok i had to go back on PFS to allow personalities since i couldn't save on DDS, I reuploaded them to DDS & the leagues with the problems didn't have the error & it letting me edit the players, i had it off cause i didn't think personalities weren't important. I had it off on another league but that league worked just fine. It seriously was just that causing me a problem?
Thunder103093

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion