Please Add Roster Control During a Game

Please Add Roster Control During a Game

Postby jscott991 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:30 pm

I notice that this suffers from the same problem as the old version of college football that I have: I can't control my roster or substitutions during the game.

My team randomly switches to the backup QB or RB throughout the game. Rotating running backs is annoying enough (and I don't even know it's happening when I'm calling a play), but the change to my backup QB is much worse. There must be some formula about when a game is a blow out or not, but it's not working quite right. I've had my QB pulled early in the third quarter before. In other games, he plays well into the fourth.

I don't think all injuries are reported in the play by play (I definitely had a situation where my starting QB had a broken jaw that I didn't find out about until after the game ended, which explained why he was pulled in a game I was losing). But often times when this happens, it's just because the CPU is rotating my roster.

I wish these games had full in-game roster controls so I could control my own substitution patterns. And I wish injuries (for both teams) were reported better during a game.
jscott991

Re: Please Add Roster Control During a Game

Postby Ronm » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:57 pm

It is not entirely what you are looking for, but close. In game you can bring in packages which seem to override the AI sub routines... and of course you set the sub packages between games in the team strategy tab. As an example for mine I have specific 3rd down packages for short and for long yardage situations and manually sub those packages in the game. I also in the same strategy page under formations, set it so for games I am simming (most of the rest of the league) they sub packages of the equivalent types by formation and run/pass play call. It took a bit of time to set up...almost 2 hours initially, but now is running well and just a quick minute each week to tweak or deal with injuries.
Good luck!
Ronm

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:03 pm

Yea, the package allows you to set different lineups for different scenarios. We don't have it set up where you can do individual lineup changes... we can look at that in a future version and will also look at substitution patterns to make them more realistic.
brooks_piggott

Postby Templer » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:42 am

This apparently indiscriminate replacement of QBs and RBs is really disturbing.
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion