DDSPF21 Suggestion: Personnel & Formations

DDSPF21 Suggestion: Personnel & Formations

Postby coachcbjii » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:18 pm

So, the Twitch presentation was amazing. Thank you to the developers for hosting that event.

Gary and Brooks were discussing packages and how they are tied to Formations. And how to implement more Formations without making a ton of more packages. Here is my suggestion:
MAKE PERSONNEL PACKAGES. This is what almost all levels of football do. This packages are based how many RB and TE are on the field. First number is RBs and the second is TEs. Here are some example:
00 Personnel: 5 WRs
01 Personnel: 1 TE, 4 WRs

10 Personnel: 1 RB and 4 WRs
11 Personnel: 1 RB, 1 TE, and 3 WRs
(these 2 above are the most popular in the pros and for spread teams right now)

The Max for RBs or TEs should be 3. But if one of them is 3 the other can be no more than 2.example:
23 Personnel: 2 RBs and 3 TEs, no WR

I think you get the point.
These should be our packages for groups and make it so you aren't creating 30-40 Formations. Just Personnel packages.

OK, now that we have that. We can add more Formations to the game that are attached to a particular personnel package.

For example: I love the run n shoot offense. The are in 10 Personnel all the time. 1RB and 4 WR. Now what formations are tied to that? 2 x 2 Spread. Which is 2 WRs to each side. And Trips. Which is 3 WRs to once side and 1 to the other. Those are the formations tied to that personnel

One more example:
Let's go Big. 23 personnel. 2 RB, 3 TE. Well the only formation you really run from that is 1 TE on each side. And the third TE at a wing position. We can make two formations by making the backs split or in the I. So let's call them Split Jumbo and I Jumbo. Those would be the 2 formations tied to 23 personnel.

I think you guys get it. Anyway. I think this would open up the game a lot. And goes to what was being discussed in the Twitch presentation.

That would give you 15 possible personnel Packages. Which could be reduced by removing some very uncommon personnel groups.

Then have the ability to add or create 2-3 formations (or more if we can create them) to those packages. That why you separate actual players groupings on the field from their alignment on the field like was mentioned on Twitch.

Sorry this was long winded post. Love how this game has grown. And the potential to do this would just make the game off the charts!

Thank you for listening.
coachcbjii

Re: DDSPF21 Suggestion: Personnel & Formations

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Right now we have plays tied to formations, and formations tied to packages, and packages tied to depth charts. So you're free to set up whatever package you want and assign it to various formations. In plays we'll have motion set up so you can create/call a play that moves players into whatever position you want, thus simulating some of the formations we have requests for. If we need to expand on this we can, but most likely it will be in the context we've already set up so we can continue to support people upgrading their leagues to the most recent version of the game.
brooks_piggott

Postby NBryant » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:52 pm

Brooks, not looking to get into coaches post here but curious how you are entertaining conversations and feedback for '21. I have been late to the twitch runs but am digesting the information, which is very informative, and have been searching for threads in the community but can't seem to find any.
NBryant

Postby AKH » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:59 am

Hi NBryant,

We are receptive for feedback/suggestions/wishes on pretty much any of the many platforms where you find us. Probably the easiest places are the slack channel and here on the forum. There is a pretty long wishlist thread, that I would recommend posting in, since isolated posts have a bigger chance of getting lost in the many posts in here, whereas we will definitely comb over the wishlist thread (while we may not reply in there, it will definitely be seen and considered). If you want more replies/discussion slack is probably the way to go.
AKH

Postby NBryant » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:39 pm

Thanks AKH, combing through here and I will look into signing on at Slack.
NBryant

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion