FG logic

FG logic

Postby Cleasby » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:42 am

Has the FG logic been enhanced? We often see some odd decisions in game such as Kicking from 45 plus but not from 35 yard like on 4th downs. Also occasions when 4th and inches on the goaline results in a FG kicking when up versus going for it, this often means the team kicks the FG and the opposition end up at the 20 yard line versus the 1 yard line.
Cleasby

Re: FG logic

Postby JDB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:33 am

If this gets changed, please also adjust the AI playcalling strategy when it is pinned back on it's own goaline. What has been happening for a while now is that it doesn't adjust accordingly and it ends up giving up far more safeties than what is normal.
JDB

Postby Rizzo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:45 am

I think having control over where and when a team attempts a FG would be huge. Too many times we have seen punts when they should be attempting field goals.
Rizzo

Postby TheRivals40 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:41 pm

Can we please get control over this? I understand it may be confusing for a new user but you could just put a big auto-set button at the top. Other games like OOTP and FOF allow you to set much more detailed situational strategy, but as a new player I would just always auto-set them. However if you like to micro-manage and tweak things every week this would add a ton of depth to the game.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:21 pm

I'm not sure how I would surface up this kind of decision making without building a huge matrix based on Down, Field Position, Score, Clock, Quarter. Even if I built a rules engine to let you guys write as many rules as you wanted to try and get super specific I also still have Coaching attributes that affect these decisions.

Instead my goal is to fix any "wrong" decisions that are "wrong" all of the time, and otherwise let the aggressiveness of the coach dictate how much they go for things, or kick FG's instead of going for touchdowns. This is already in the game, but I think it's being clouded by specific scenarios I need to code around.

@jdb when pinned in your own endzone the AI already boosts running so the QB isn't dropping back as much. I thought I had it tuned well enough that the number of safeties matches up with pro norms, but I'll add it to the list to double check.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion