Feature Request - Weekly Wrap Up in DDSPF21 like ESPN 2K5

Feature Request - Weekly Wrap Up in DDSPF21 like ESPN 2K5

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:16 pm

My dream would totally be for a football sports sim to bring the immersion through a weekly presentation. To see key stats, trades, injuries, free agency, 2D highlights from game etc in a great way to disgest the content. Even maybe 2D highlights from key plays in the game... Basically swap in and out something like this for DDSPF21 (Maybe 21 is ambitious, but in the PF Franchise!). Watch this every week and you are up to date on the league and really brought into it. NFL football is uniquely suited to package all the results week to week. Other sports are a bit too odd and don't have a natural stopping point to check in and watch summarization of games/stats.

One can dream right? :) I was so in love with this feature on ESPN2K5. This was WAY ahead of its time. For a sports manager to do this, it's a wrap, hard to top!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16VZEmIFEBA
Last edited by Chris on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris

Re: Feature Request - Weekly Wrap Up in DDSPF21 like ESPN 2K

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAiQj--cpI

This one in Week 17 starts to include the playoff picture, wildcard, prime time players, yearly awards
Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:26 am

Clearly voiceovers are a ton of work, which is not the point of emphasis here. It's the package, sequence, content, format, presentation and in an immersise journalistic way.
Chris

Postby regenerator » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:37 pm

There's already a lot of stuff like this, you have a game of the week, where different personality's give their take on the game's as well as their predictions not just of the outcomes, but little blurbs about why said team will win. We already do have highlight packages. What else Brooks? You have weekly awards, in-game media (mags and news), there's tons of stuff-this game is great, there are just so many features and they all work pretty well - if any one doesn't, you get on the board and Brooks actually listens to his users and promptly fixes it! What a novel idea, huh?!
regenerator

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:13 am

This would be great!

I enjoy watching the draft in the pro basketball ball game and enjoy watching g the selection show in the college basketball game.

I would love to see some sort of weekly recap and/or preview.
SirMichaelJordan

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion