Modding in 2021 Version?

Modding in 2021 Version?

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:40 pm

Hello Brooks,

Few questions as it relates to modding in case people want to get a jump start on creating mods for the '21 version.....

1) Is the basic modding the same with the various XML files like '20 and older versions? Have the XML files changed?

2) Have the custom field templates changed (i.e. size, type, etc.) or will the older versions work?

3) As for all the various logos, jerseys, midfield art, endzone art, etc., are the same size dimensions used and the same file types? Or have these changed?

4) In the 2020 and older games, the mod files don't work the same as the college version. The teams.xml went in the documents folder, but the actual graphics had to go into the main game folder, which wasn't as flexible. Plus, when steam is used, requires different folders making it more difficult for modders who want to create installers. Any chance all mod files will go into the documents folder like the college game?

If these have changed, are you able to share templates, size, and type information ahead of the first access? I understand if not, but thought I would ask:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: Modding in 2021 Version?

Postby NBryant » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 am

I second this considering I have been spending lots of time working some. Thanks!
NBryant

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:33 am

No changes.. should all work as it does in PF20. However, I will double check why the graphics don't get picked up in the documents folder... that should be fixable.
brooks_piggott

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:30 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:No changes.. should all work as it does in PF20. However, I will double check why the graphics don't get picked up in the documents folder... that should be fixable.

Thanks, that would great....would make it easier for distributing the mods and need only one installer. Plus when new game updates come out, wouldn't overwrite mods installed.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion