'21 Screen Suggestions

'21 Screen Suggestions

Postby NBryant » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:10 am

Reviewing the '21 videos and would like to offer a couple of suggestions regarding the displays. I do realize these are still a WIP and are being continually modified, that some may not be possible, or the community may have differing opinions. First screen up is the game screen. This is the original from the last video:

Here it is with a few suggestions. (1) I assume the original logos are just place holders. I noted in the mods forum that as I was trying various configurations there were limitations with the MF (125x125) file displaying well. So I altered it creating a "sliver", still 125x125 but on visually showing 1/3 of the graphic. In '20 these "slivers" show the logos much better with other (NFL) various logos. In addition my old man preference would be showing time outs remaining as I did in the graphic vice the numerical countdown. Just a visual thing. (2) Showing the game leaders stats aligned as a quick reference. This only needs to show the game leaders, only 2-3 names for each position. Just a key to who is having an impact on the game instead of a long running list. (3) I would recommend removing the logo (not needed) and just adding a background field (like behind the stats fields) to make the selection boxes stand out more.

Thanks for allowing us to throw things at you for consideration. Looking over some of the other screens and will post those as I continue.
NBryant

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 General Discussion